download gina

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by blood & gufts, Mar 15, 2024.

1. blood & gufts Augur

Where is the site for downloading gina ?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Google?
  3. blood & gufts Augur

4. Covennx Augur

People who use EQLogParser do 13% more damage than those who use GINA. I'm sure I read that somewhere.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I think many people have moved over to using EQLogParser for overlays. I thought GINA was no longer being developed. Maybe I'm wrong, who knows. But EQLogParser is another option.
  6. Fenthen aka Rath

GINA stopped being developed in like 2012. It had its install certificate expired for some time, and rarely (but still too frequently) is unable to share triggers because the server has gone offline.

EQ Log Parser can accept GINA trigger shares and generates its own trigger shares. You're probably already using it for DPS parsing as well, and the metrics and analysis from raid events is pretty outstanding.

If you aren't using EQLP then I suggest you go and do so.

Kizant's github for downloading the software:
    EQLogParser/Release at master · kauffman12/EQLogParser · GitHub

Some videos our guildmate created:
    EQ Log Parser: Trigger Manager Setup (youtube.com)
    He has 3 videos currently on setting it up, using overlays, etc.
    (total earcandy btw)
  7. uberkingkong Augur

The forums should have a QA thread.
    Sometimes it might good idea to show the answer, the person with the best information right under the OP. Who maybe the best reply would be in page 3 and no one knows except those that already been following.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Or we could all just stop posting opinions, thoughts, and debates and stick to just answering the questions.

We do have sub forum called Player support for questions etc but getting people to post in the right sub forum is like herding cats hence all the posts in TLP that affect Live also or the other way too.
    Fenthen likes this.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Couple of questions.

1. Is there a way to have it automatically merge in any share from an approved user?
    2. Do you know of any limitations on how many triggers can be shared from Gina to EQLogParser at once? Seem to have an issue on some shares but not others.
    3. When getting shares is there any way to have them be enabled by default?

For people looking to switch over from Gina to EQLogParser loosing the ability to auto merge shares and have them enabled by default is a big change if it isn't possible.
  10. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

It's technically against the rules to use GINA, as it is 3rd party software.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  11. Covennx Augur

First, make sure you have the newest version of EQLogParser, you can go to Options --> Check for Updates at Startup to make sure you are always on the current version. I believe triggers have been enabled by default for quite a few releases. I don't believe there is an auto merge, but there is the pop up where you can just click merge. And I don't believe there is any limit on how many triggers can be shared. I have not had any issues sharing entire expansions of triggers or full class sets of triggers.
  12. Covennx Augur

I believe you may be incorrect.
    Svann2 and Fanra like this.
  13. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Their quoted stance is vague enough that GINA still falls under the naughty list.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I did get the latest version before I tested how sharing triggers works and my questions are based on what I saw with the sharing. EQLogParser and not having the ability to auto merge and enable triggers is a pretty big deal breaker compared to GINA.
  15. Covennx Augur

This is their current stance.

You may not disassemble, reverse engineer, or modify any Daybreak Game(s) software in any way. You may not decrypt or modify any data transmitted between the game software and Daybreak’s game servers. You may not develop, share, or use any software, program, macro, or interface that modifies the game play in any way or that gives a user any kind of advantage over other end users, except as expressly authorized by Daybreak. All forms and methods of cheating, including hacks, bots, aimbots, and duping are expressly forbidden.

If you interpret that to mean a program to read a log file, completely outside of EQ? Then you better get rid of your keyboard and mouse that uses 3rd party software to directly manipulate the game. Your Discord/Ventrilo/Teamspeak, your web browser, beause you could google something related to EQ using that 3rd party software. Heck, get rid of your Windows Operating System also, biggest 3rd party software out there and no doubt it interactcs directly with critical EQ files...
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What exactly does GINA do that puts it on the naughty list?
  17. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

From what you quoted above. It's software that's not expressly authorized, and gives users an advantage over others.
  18. Covennx Augur

I guess you're stuck with GINA then.
    FawnTemplar likes this.
  19. uberkingkong Augur

We on page 2! Page 3 I think Almars is gonna say something and it might be the best answer to this thread and maybe this thread will get to to like 9 pages.

Thats where best answer, chosen answer idea is a good one for these kind of threads.

This are topics with a lot of discussion and there is a good answer out of it too, even if the discussion continues.

See what appears to be happening is GINA is not the best anymore is what I'm hearing. I only because I'm following the thread.

But someone say 1 month later decides everyone is GINA they need to get on it too. they look for GINA, quick glances at replies, decides too much going on here and look at different resource, and they don't see page 3 with the best answer and it says use this other logparser or whatever. They end up with GINA and not what everyone else is using or the best tool nowdays.

This is good, but what I meant was from a google search, so that would the SEO of the site. I'm not sure how many goto a fansite and search on the fansite, I'm more of a I do the search google.

I suppose if you wanna get googling.
    site:everquest.fanra.info gina
    thats too much, should be simple, not 3 words, hard to dork 3 words and periods, so thats gonna difficult to google for advanced search people.

Personally I think others too, they'd want to be directed whatever YouTube straight to the point, under 3 minutes GINA setup, EQLogParser setup. under 3 minutes boom setup. Not general setup, but EQ setup. Thats ideal information people would want.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They don't and will never have any "expressly authorized" software because as soon as they do it can be updated to do something that isn't allowed. What it does do is just parse your logs and give responses for the players to react to based on those logs and is an improved version of the triggers that are available in game.