Much improvement from this patch

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by CatsPaws, Mar 13, 2024.

1. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Just logged in from today's patch. No more grey wash outs in POK or Lobby even when turning in place. No stuttering so far. Am zoning as fast as I used to.

But merc still losing health. I can live with that.
  2. Monkeychunks Augur

OMG they washed that grey right outta my hair (and body ;)) This is great. I will uncancel my cancellation I put in last week.

Also doesn't seem as dark, I can see and no lag when I log in waiting for it to load. There is no where near the bright florescent tint on weapons and stuff. I can even see designs on robes too!
    Rijacki, Cairbrae and Nennius like this.
  3. fransisco Augur

doh, does that mean we have to give your stuff back?!
    Monkeychunks, Herf, Rijacki and 3 others like this.
  4. Alnitak Augur

NEVAH!
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Dont know if it was there before this but I noticed that where game correction was there is a slider called Enhanced Vision which makes things brighter. Was that added this patch or previously?
  6. Brickhaus Augur

Been there since they removed the gamma slider.

Definitely not a gamma replacement. For some computers, sliding it one way or the other makes certain things better ... certain things not.

It is really maddening how messed up they could make a 25 year old game at this point.
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  7. Captain Video Augur

It was part of the inital DX11 client rollout.
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

On vacation at the moment so can't check. Any improvement for the full screen to desktop issues?
  9. Captain Video Augur

No, that's all unchanged.
  10. Valcron Elder

The hitching in the guildhall is gone for me
    CatsPaws likes this.
  11. Marton Augur

I have not notice any changes tbh.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yeah, I don't see you have any posts about those problems anyway so you would not see any changes :D
  13. Nennius Curmudgeon

A lot less lag for me. I don't raid so I can't speak to that. Having textures preload has greatly improved the smoothness of my game play. All in all it was a good patch done much quicker than I expected. In a certain sense I will miss ghost mode in PoK though. C'est la vie.
  14. Marton Augur

Yeah, I've been quite busy lately so not much time for forum questing.

Edit: I admit I spent last evening going through that giant thread with all AMA responses (should probably have gone to bed and get some sleep instead lol).
  15. Koutarou_E'ci Elder

We had 8 pieces of Valiant drop off 4 raids post-patch.
  16. error Augur

Still getting that half second client hitch whenever a group of mobs spawn in raids/missions since DX11 went live, but other than that no real issues.
    Windance likes this.
  17. Velisaris_MS Augur

It's still really bad in the FF mission. I also noticed it last night in TF while camping named...everytime something repopped in the zone, the game would hitch.
    Windance likes this.