AMA Response Feedback

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vicus, Mar 13, 2024.

1. code-zero Augur

Yeah, imagine the reaction if several of them said something like. "We all raid 3 days a week in one of the top 10 raiding guilds"
  2. coltongrundy Augur

Don't let them fool you. BST & BER in classic is quite easy. It's not hard to do at all. It's has been done on emulated servers by a single person amateur hobbyists, sometimes with a little bit of jank because emulated servers can't modify the EQ client to enable new combos in the character creation screen, but daybreak is more than capable of updating character creation UIs.
    NatazzEvoli likes this.
  3. Brunlin Augur

1000%........ I think most players that I have talked to in a classic launch that would love to be a BL from day 1...... is because they do not want to reroll in Luclin. I think gearing options being a little subpar until Luclin is ok with them.
    Fenthen, Barton-Vox and Demetri like this.
  4. coltongrundy Augur

Beastlords would be a good group class, but would not be OP DPS on raids. Beastlords have no possible way to aggro dump and warriors have bad hate generation in those early expansions. All the hate generated by those pet procs will transfer to the Beastlord because of MOTM, and they would die very fast.
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

They reduced the content once and it didn't scare anyone away. Now they know they can do even LESS work and people will still buy the expansion. They just won the content battle. They now know that all they have to do is come up with some mealy-mouthed excuse as to why they couldn't get more done and they'll be golden.

We should all be prepared for only 2 missions going forward because the vast majority of players were fine with paying the same price for less content and letting them get away with it.
  6. Tsuaruanni Elder

Where did they say it was too hard and tried to "fool" us?
    Demetri likes this.
  7. Arclyte Augur

BST sounds fine except for the OP pet proc spells

Maybe lock those spells until luclin? Not too keen on adding another class if it's just going to be more braindead powercreep.
  8. WeCameWeConquered Elder

1. It is literally the words of the dev that responded.
    2. Not worth it to you carries zero weight.
    3. There's already items and spells in those eras for those classes; just not newbie armor or epics.
    4. People make ridiculous asks repeatedly all the time regardless - that's never going to change. For example, look at the repeated asks to globally change spawn timers.
    Demetri likes this.
  9. Zaine New Member

Biggest disappointment is here we are at the 25th anniversary and they couldn’t even have a TLP ready for us, we cant even get the rulesets for the anniversary, really sad that the game has turned into this - they basically said no we can’t do anything new, we’re just rehashing old stuff.

Please don’t call it an anniversary server since it’s launching in May, that’s not the anniversary. Y’all missed the boat. Again
  10. Marton Augur

I've notices some inconsistency in answers regarding coin rewards for partisan and mercenary tasks.

It's a giant thread and I don't have time to go back and search but after I get home today, I will look up those answers and post them here so perhaps we could get some clarification.
    KushallaFV likes this.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Might be better to post them in the actual AMA response thread so that it is more likely to be seen by the Daybreak side so they can get clarification on which statements are correct or incorrect.
  12. Demetri Augur

We're still a day or two out from the Anniversary, game launched 3/15/1999 (3/16 on Wikipedia, but I swore it was the 15th? But perks of being a Babbage's manager during that timeframe did have my retail copy to me earlier than others so that could muddle my memory vs. normal folk).

But May launches seem to be a constant for now on and the future, likely due to family/kids having more time off as the summer begins. (And frankly, I welcome it, since that's when my PTO will replenish enough for a couple weeks of focus)
  13. Nennius Curmudgeon

It was a very interesting read. I may not have gotten all of the answers I hoped for. I do think grinding should bring experience, but it was still enlightening.
  14. filthytlpplayer Elder

With all of the "no we don't want to change old content" and "no don't expect massive overhauls for TLP" answers that kept coming up, the question I kept coming back to after reading through those is "why is TLP a premium service?" and I'm having a hard time justifying it.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Because the work needed to setup a new TLP server each year and deal with the older ones as they hit live or are ended early isn't free and takes away the ability to work on other things.
    Rijacki and Svann2 like this.
  16. Gheed Is not reading your response

The amount of times they mentioned their "limited development time" like every other game company doesn't also have "limited" time was asinine. A crazy idea would be to slow down your content releases if you consistently find yourself without enough time to address issues in your game. Though I am not sure there would ever be enough time as it was said that creating a pet inventory window would take MONTHS of work.

Also, if you guys didn't know, their team is very small! Not sure if that was mentioned :rolleyes:
    Dre., Moege, Fenthen and 1 other person like this.
  17. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

My interpretation is that it might actually happen with the 25th. They said it was under consideration but hasn't been implemented, YET. You would have to recognize you might not have all your discs/spells/epics and be a little gimped but they acknowledged it is easy flip switch to make it happen if they want to. You would effectively be a worse version of a shaman as a beastlord with no pets and bst unique spells since they are all flagged Luclin. You would be melee with just ghetto shaman spells for 3 expansions.

Pretty much everything else was yeah we will consider it for the future but it's too hard to do. Which I get and personally don't want excessive changes to TLP things.

Most people are asking for TLP things that don't involve significant changes. Different starting eras, faster unlocks, bst/ber early, combining releases of expansions like LDON / POP combined not being 16 weeks but 12 total, free trade/randomization/bonus loot/faster exp (selos) - most of the things people want to see already exist and can easily be toggled when they want to go that route.

I was super glad they shot down the slower thing as a terrible idea, which it is. They tried slower and it was a bust. So some of yall that want to creep along can stop beating that dead horse.

So as a TLP player - I didn't find it all doom and gloom like live players.

They did kind of rule out the early Bazaar stuff - which is a huge bummer but might fall into the difficult to code thing so can't be too mad at it.

Also a little bummed they don't just move Agnarr to relaxed truebox. Seems a bit ridiculous to take a hard line stance on that. Whatever, less revenue for them, Jchan has to bear that burden to the shareholders not us.

Didn't really look at anything not related to TLP because i couldn't care less about live.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That seems unlikely as the next TLP is only 2 months away and the work for that would already be done or in progress.
    Vicus likes this.
  19. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

And they said nothing to indicate it wasn't already done. I never said it was likely. I said it was possible and they just didn't allude to it. I said it might happen. I should have said May happen as present tense instead of past tense. Sorry that confused you.

They acknowledged it's a very easy switch. You are acting like its a major production and the server is finalized. Clown post bro, clown post.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  20. Gheed Is not reading your response

Fixed that for you