What does this mean?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Mar 13, 2024.

1. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

• The per-kill Alternate Advancement experience cap is now applied before most server and character-based experience modifiers to be more consistent with leveling experience.
  2. Bobokin Augur

It is a big orange spongy ball.
  3. Chanaluss Can spell Doljonijiarnimorinar, Iqthinxa Karnkvi

fransisco and Meeko like this.
  4. Silvena *poke*

It means you get less AA per kill now. It's neat.

48% of an AA per kill in Ank Keep with lesson running seems a bit backwards.
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

Glad I got AA done on my toons this expansion before this hit.
  6. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

I don’t think they have any sort of priority list for bug fixes.
  7. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

They nerfed AA exp now??
  8. Silvena *poke*

Yes and no?

I've never had an issue running lesson with fellowship doing what it does until today. Even capped, the AA xp took a hit. Lesson ran out, lower % of an AA per kill. Turned sharing off, it made sense again. Kind of. Back to a full AA per kill. Still a 5 AA cap on named kills.

Well aware that Fellowship things are just wonky. Always have been. But running lesson and getting less than half of an AA a kill is just icky. This is a new flavor of wait wha?

For more info: this was a full group of 6 characters. No mercs. o_O
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  9. Brickhaus Augur

I think the changes that Meeko was talking about were more of the "base" bonus variety ... like a server xp mod (FV, Zek, Test, probably some others) or during explicit xp bonus time.

Since we've got a bonus that should start Saturday, we should learn more if it's actually a change that really impacts anyone.
  10. Herf Augur

Bottom line is, based on the earlier description by Meeko were we expecting XP to go up or down? And which did it do?
  11. Zalkk - AB Journeyman

Normal aa should have stayed the same (which is what I'm experiencing), they changed the way bonus worked on aa's to go after and not before the cap. So you if you where hitting the 5aa per kill cap, after this change it can go higher, eg on test I was getting 10aa per kill at one point when i was testing the change.
    Syylke_EMarr likes this.
  12. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I'm in Ankexfen Keep right now, just popped lesson to see... and definitely not seeing what you are. With 100% going into AA I'm getting 2-3 AA per kill just like before. Do you perhaps have your AA% set very low?
  13. Silvena *poke*

Nope. 100% to AA. It was very odd behavior. I wasn't the only one. It only went "normal" after I toggled sharing to Fellowship off (lesson had run it's course). Which I mentioned in my second post.

Someone else in group had everything going. Lesson, Vitality, 100% to AA.. still only 5 aa on a named kill. It seems to just not be playing nice with fellowship. Fellowship still borky as ever.
  14. fransisco Augur

This actually results in getting more exp in many cases. Since the "cap" is applied before bonuses, so that the bonus can then take you further.
    This is good for people at appropriate level, and not so good for the guild lobby chest pl.