A minor but cool request for TLP2024 - All races/classes

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Demetri, Mar 10, 2024.

1. Chanaluss Can spell Doljonijiarnimorinar, Iqthinxa Karnkvi

Interesting question asked in the 25th anniversary AMA. Seems that they are at least open to it. My recommendation is anyone who wants this, even in lieu of the limitations mentioned, it may behoove everyone to at least keep on pushing for it. I think we should go for it.

[IMG]
  2. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

So we wait for Waring's update on this, I bet he will now do a new dance around this.
    Edit: All ths posts calling Waring out are gone. On par for the course, I suspect.

Maybe DPG can delete Ngreth's response too to ensure Waring is right.

Demetri likes this.
  3. Crabman Augur

Just give it a day and he won’t be able to find the post so he will just make up new things. The search feature is very difficult.

But really glad they framed it this way. Tons of people have said yes please do it with the obvious holes. No sky quests and no epics for a few expacs. Big deal.
    OldTimeEQ1 and Demetri like this.
  4. Demetri Augur

Gosh, my thread really feels like it was a complete waste of time... with the devs completely opposed to the idea.

/sarcasm off
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  5. Arclyte Augur

I vaguely remember beastlord armor dropping in plane of fear on mangler? (not sure), and I know they have armor sets in velious so its not like they'd have nothing
  6. coltongrundy Augur

huh? no it doesn't look like they will start in kunark.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Letting people know that the devs have already made statements on this this idea is constructive as it lets people know that there has been a dev response on this in the past and keeps expectations in check. Just because an answer is posted that says something isn't likely to ever happen doesn't mean it isn't constructive.

Also it isn't spamming to post a response to the people who think that it is different for themselves top keep responding to something but not okay for the person they are responding to do so if they don't like what is being said.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

JChan questioning why they would do something shows that they don't want to do it. And just because I am saying something that you don't like doesn't mean that I am doing anything wrong or trolling.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That response is a change from the past but it also shows that they have the concerns that I have posted about with the classes not having everything that they should at launch. Not to mention the fact of considering something but not doing it does still point to them not wanting to do it.
  10. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

How does "We have considered but not yet implemented" mean them not doing it because they don't want to do it?

Actually never mind. Your comprehension levels are so abysmal you won't get that question. My condolences to anyone you interact with, in the written form.
    Demetri likes this.
  11. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Resident dev-wanna be has clarified.

Apparently it is a change from the past, but still they never wanted to do it!

Please don't create threads like this before checking with our in-house tome of comprehension (Marvel at how he completely misconstrues the AMA response so he continues to be 100% right!)
    Demetri likes this.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

As I stated, that response is a change from the past but doesn't saying you though about something but decided against doing it mean that you don't want to do it?

Also seems that I am not the only one who thinks that the answer says that they want to do it.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-thing-remained-constant.296846/#post-4293345

13. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Yes "not yet implemented" means "decided against it".

Thanks for clarifying that complex conclusion. Everyone is ready to learn more!
    Demetri likes this.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If you notice throughout the AMA use that type of wording a lot for things that have been asked for a lot in the past. It is an easy way of saying it won't happen without being locked into an answer.
  15. Demetri Augur

It had last week in some estimations because of /calendar on Test. But it's now updated on Live and Test to no longer have the odd "Kunark opening" line for them on May 18th (or so, remembering date off my head)
  16. coltongrundy Augur

I know what it said on the test server calendar. It showed kunark unlocking on the 20th. The implication is that the server does not launch with kunark and kunark unlocks later.
  17. Demetri Augur

So you've never worked with anything that develops, clearly, Waring.

They're not committing to a timeframe, but that was a statement of it is something being worked towards.

Like for my work, we are getting new security keypads on our facility - but they are currently listed as NYI on our internal workboard because of implementation issues (basically outside contractors are asking over what our BoD wants to authorize to install them right now due to some local demand issues, so they're waiting until after the labor costs go back to more typical rates) - they WILL happen, but just a question of when it's realistic. In this case we literally have the hardware available and programmed (since our IT handle that part!) it's just part of the contractors that is an issue (electricians specifically I believe - huge fiber contract going on locally for next month or so).
  18. Demetri Augur

Within a week of launch as that was is fundamentally "at release" - remember TLPs launch roughly the week of 5/15 - and do note that with Vaniki if memory serves they actually did have all the launches rolling at 2-3 hr intervals to get to the GoD start - likely due to how the mechanisms of the servers are set up. (AKA that it's easier to reduce the timers between them than force open a bunch early)
  19. coltongrundy Augur

It's not a week. May 20 is a Monday. Expansions unlock on Thursdays. It's pretty obvious that whoever entered it accidentally pushed 5 instead of 6 on all all of the June dates. For example, HH is a June event, not May, and the test calender was showing it in May. When you adjust for June 20 instead of May 20, then it falls on the correct day of the week, THURSDAY, and 4 weeks after a May 22 Classic launch. It also showed Velious unlocking August 15, exactly 8 weeks after after June 20.
  20. Demetri Augur

Your reasoning is plausible, but being that they removed them from the calendar rather than fixing like that, I'm not about to affirm something without any evidence.