2 Quality of life changes to grow EQ

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Mr Wonderful, Mar 12, 2024.

1. fireworks Journeyman

I'd like to see truebox relaxed to 2 or 3box. Also, bring back old bazaar.
  2. fireworks Journeyman

Also also, add a way to ignore specific buyers in /barter. Sick of seeing krono scammers and ripoffs spamming the barter window.
  3. Gheed Is not reading your response

1. No, please.

2. Yes, please.
  4. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

How do you spam /barter?
  5. Soriano Augur

Agree true box should be reduced to just relaxed box going forward on TLP's

And I too REALLY miss the old bazaar...lots of memories, but I like being able to have a buyer as well as a trader even more.

Making PLAT/ KRONO is EASY with both....lol
  6. Elabone Augur

Yea, spells in particular become essentially worthless with bazaar.
  7. Soriano Augur

And you basically have until PoP to make money on research and then research seems pretty worthless.
  8. MileyVyrus Elder

^^^^
    1000x this.

Im all for day 1 bazaar, even though the bazaar bots are arguably more frustrating than the real bots. The time saved is worth being undercut by 5pp by automation the second you log lol.
    Beeshma likes this.
  9. MileyVyrus Elder

Research is toast about 3 weeks into kunark as far as being a money maker. The last few tlps there has been an abundance of guild researchers selling spells remarkably close to cost within a week of a launch to the point that I don't even bother doing research for profit at all, just enough to make sure my buddies dont have to pay a krono per allure. Its no longer as lucrative as it was, and you still have to teach every 3rd person how to use the parcel system, a fate worse than death. How Sony ever decided to have "SEND" and "DONE" on the same goddamn parcel screen is a crime against humanity. lol
  10. Muramx Augur

Nah maybe it's dying at the very end and dead in Velious. In Kunark I would buy specifically c player made ones for 25-50p do the turn ins in OT or FV and sell those ones for the 500p or the rarer ones for 2k. If you were selling them cheap then thank you for doing all the work and getting me rich.
  11. Brunlin Augur

Q: Are you working on adding bazaar to classic for next TLP, or any other auction house/bazaar overhaul?
    Ngreth: This is not something that we have seriously considered. At this time we are going with the classic experience of no bazaar until it’s normal release time.
  12. Mr Wonderful Journeyman

For the fiancial health of the game and to grow the playerbase there needs to be a balance between notalgia and quality of life. Many people don't have time to stand around in the tunnel for hours but would love to buy and sell. Many people don't have time to raid but would like to level, farm some gear and play when it is convient.

Allowing two instances of EverQuest per computer might be a resonable compromise. Creating the ability to go into Trader Mode in the Tunnel would be a massive quality of life improvement.

Lastly, I would just add one more
    3. Kunark start. A few of the reasons for this are... epics, Iksars from the start, and more zones to spread out the population at launch
  13. itiswhatitis Elder

What messed rizlona up was mischief. But that server is still going and maintained a higher population going into TSS then yelinak.
  14. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

This is one of those responses which show how absolutely disconnected DPG is from TLPs.
    They don't seem to know about the whole commons 24x7 automated level 1 spamming (to price fix tlp auctions) among other stuff - or know and condone it.
    The icing on the cake is a CRC member who doesn't play on TLPs (or even did in the past?) but posts on every other thread in TLP forums.

They are aggressively working themselves out of a player base.

15. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

This simply was not true on Oakwynd....no idea about other servers. Spells sold for great profit up until bazaar when only a level 60 research spell sold well then Pop opens and all those spells sell in the Library for less than the components.

Luclin allows the people who do not spend time in the tunnel selling to sell spells that have piled up and they sell them for so little you may as well vendor most of your 59 and under spells.
  16. DeadRagarr Augur

Add a group campfire that requires 4/5 people to place <No stats>, but allows people to click into it similar to Fellowship. Would make replacing peeps easier.
    Yinla likes this.
  17. Azzlann Elder

I think one of the biggest things they could do is some kind of LFG mechanic. Thats a huge thing nowadays.
  18. **Dragonslayer** Lorekeeper

i prefer true boxing myself screw tab out and in and i agree EC bazaar would be nice, trying to keep up with all that spam the older i get is annoying asf haha.
  19. Larsen Augur

Most people don't have a whole bunch of computers or the knowledge to get around the VM detection, so truebox limits the number of whole groups of boxes running around the world. Without truebox, there would be far more of that.