Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hinastorm86, Mar 7, 2024.

1. Soriano Augur

Not true...
  2. SnapVine Augur

a lot, but not on patch days o_O
  3. Fizon Augur

I stopped reading. Get real man
    OldTimeEQ1 and SnapVine like this.
  4. Soriano Augur

By your own admission you have watched in on more than one TLP...FTE was only on the last it was the same before FTE....only you are not able to train when you feel it is time for you to get the camp.
    Demetri likes this.
  5. jeskola pheerie

Test is tied to TLP via testing but get on with your bad self.
    Demetri and Fizon like this.
  6. Fizon Augur

To be clear.. This isn't about me getting a SG camp. I was simple pointing out the flagrant rule breaking on tlps that arnt ever enforced. Making an argument that DBG wouldn't allow bots to run auto target scripts or auto hotkey macros is a joke.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  7. code-zero Augur

I am still trying to parse the logic that:

1: EQ is incredibly simple
    2: Trains are primarily caused by people being overwhelmed (see 1?)
    3: Getting trained sharpens the reflexes and instills manly virtues (lol)

I am inclined to believe that the anti-FTE people have a LOT of deliberate trainers who have lost what they consider to be a valuable tool
    MaestroM and Demetri like this.
  8. Soriano Augur

Agree completely that they do nothing about it, and I will go further and say they do not because to do so would effect their bottom line.

But it really does not change regardless of FTE or no FTE. The only thing that removing FTE does is allow frustrated players to take matters into their own hands and I really do not think that is a good idea.....lol

I agree FTE is not perfect....but for me it solves many issues and the only really big negative is I as a druid can not pull a pile of mobs on top of a group I suspect are bots and exodus.....lmao
  9. Demetri Augur

Provide your empirical evidence then, you're making presumptions based on them not moving, not responding to you, or extreme playtimes - none of which are a clear affirmation of the theory.
  10. code-zero Augur

The SG crews are primarily sweatshop workers hot swapping seats, not bots. Occasionally you will find one that speaks English and will chat with you if you're not a jerk.
    Demetri likes this.
  11. Demetri Augur

(Or per my experience w/ a friend who can speak Asian languages - if you speak their language...)
    code-zero likes this.
  12. The Silver Smurfer New Member

Its so slow and clunky waiting for mobs to unlock slowed the pace of the game way down when its already very slow. Did not fix any of the "problems" that people complained about just changed the way that people exploited the mechanics of the game. By exploited I dont mean cheating I just mean using the mechanics in possibly an unintended way to get what they wanted over other players.
  13. Soriano Augur

It clearly fixed the issue of high level players remaining in lower level zone for the benefit of killing there.

I was able to XP in Rathe Mountains when it was level appropriate, I was able to XP in Ocean of Tears when it was level appropriate, I was able to get my own Ancient Cyclops without paying a max level character for loot rights. I was able to XP and compete in Burning Woods and Skyfire Mountains for mobs.

To claim it fixed nothing is either ignorant or disingenuous.
    code-zero and Demetri like this.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Sure but not all types of automation can be detected by the same scripts, some things are easier to detect then others.
  15. Hamshire Augur

This whole thread sounds like American news, an incident happens once then its made to sound like it happens all the time everywhere. I play on just about every other TLP with a very high playtime ( I skip the other cuz im still playing on the previous ) and I always play from launch. I MAYBE have one bad encounter with someone once or twice every TLP I play on so what exactly is everyone else doing to make everyone else so mad that they are constantly getting trained and or mobs stolen from them? I have more bad experiences dealing with people in traffic taking a single trip to the super market then I do spending seven years on a TLP when it comes to trains & mob tagging.

No I don't want World of Warcraft mob like tag rules added to the game because some people cannot control themselves, because little Billy got trained back in Vietnam and it gave him PTSD, and because people are becoming more and more anti-social. Someone gets trained by accident or you gotta move a raid past a group and you try to talk to them and they don't wanna respond because talking with people is scary.
    Scornn, OldTimeEQ1 and Fizon like this.
  16. Azzlann Elder

We debated this earlier in the thread but I would guess that non FTE would win by a large margin. Its the way the game has been for years and we loved it. I know some people like FTE but its a pretty large departure from previous TLP's.
  17. Soriano Augur

Player preference will have ZERO to do with any decision on FTE....lol

It makes sense to Daybreak as it reduces CS tickets and they have said so more than once now.

Daybreak is happy with the results of FTE and that is what will decide if it stays or goes.....
  18. Zansobar Augur

Very few separate people in those threads are anti-FTE, the vast majority of players are pro-FTE.
  19. Muramx Augur

I was wary to say the least when I heard about FTE and how people where going to find ways to abuse the system. And the first month or so it was buggy and pretty rough.

But I have come to not be bothered by it and it seems to have made Oakwynd less toxic vs the other TLPs I have played on. Whether that's from FTEs being implemented or it cause the "derps" to not play on it I don't know. But I definitely feel the people that are shouting the most about it being bad, are just shouting because they don't want their advantage taken away. They want to roll into a zone and just take a camp or take that rare spawn/epic mob, and say "DpS rAcE!." With there 2 groups of characters vs the guy that's soloing or duoing. They want to be prime Mike Tyson in a cage match against a 120lb guy with 1 arm, and they think they are so cool when they win.

Edit-

I'd also like to add they have been handing out more suspensions and bans since FTE came out. I think the lower amount of petitions for trivial stuff has declared ned and they are more free to chase after cheaters. Which those people don't like
    Demetri likes this.
  20. Demetri Augur

That is something that seemed to be true to me as well, but could just be anecdotal - but the number of cases of obvious cheating on Oakwynd were astronomically low from previous experiences.
    code-zero likes this.