Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hinastorm86, Mar 7, 2024.

1. Shurman Lorekeeper

No, to argue otherwise is math firstly and gameplay experience to back it up.

There are, and stay with me on this, way more people rinning [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]. Macaroniquest etc than training camp stealers, who FTE would only HELP them to ensure an easy /tar, comfortably exponentially faster than a human.
  2. Shurman Lorekeeper

Truth.

and some high end raiders pretend it isn't..

Hmm..

what an odd thing to say
  3. jeskola pheerie

You should probably view the EQ community as a whole and not discount the very active test server community.
    Demetri and Shurman like this.
  4. jeskola pheerie

Test server is a vibrant community unlike any other in the eq world. Don't speak on things you have no clue about.
    Demetri and Shurman like this.
  5. Shurman Lorekeeper

Some of ther folks lobbying for FTE really want impunity for their afk botting. As Darkpaw does not enforce AFK bans very often, if at all, the only respponse frustrated players have is Training them and why this egment of EQ's higher end population lobbies so hard for it.

FTE makes the /tar before anyone a guarantee. It also makes AFK botters untrainable.

sayiung train trrain train is really the straw man argument, hold up something people universsally dislike as the reason and pretend it's a catastrophe, a game ending event.

Trains have happened for 25 years and yet, we're still here. All that without ever having net nanny failed mechanics.

Go figure.
  6. CdeezNotes Augur

And this is a discussion about TLPs on a TLP specific forum section. You can go have fun with your test server community in your designated section.

So are you going to provide anything constructive or post nonsense about test some more?
  7. SnapVine Augur

we finally got there. FTE haters are mad when they can't enact vigilante train justice on whoever they judge is "wrong" or "an AFK bot." I don't want this guy deciding when its time for my group to explode
    Demetri and dentalplan like this.
  8. Shurman Lorekeeper

then stop playing afk. haha
  9. Soriano Augur

FTE gives people a chance...the same people doing the same things on a non FTE server are still going to dominate certain camps, and the people against FTE have as much as admitted they do not like they can not train the group to retaliate.

This idea you are going to out DPS race with a scripted group of bots is non sense you are going to lose that way also, yet you can train them...So you want No FTE so you can train groups you claim are botters....lol
    Demetri likes this.
  10. Soriano Augur

A level 25 to 35 Druid can not XP in Rathe Mountains killing RED spawns on a non FTE Server PERIOD.

They are not interested in being friends they are there for plat and they will STEAL every Hill Giant that spawns to get the plat....like I said change the plat to 1-5 plat each, that will stop the high levels from living there before Velious.
  11. Soriano Augur

and FTE/NO FTE is not going to change that. The scripted will still WIN...

Difference only becomes at least you can train them, because if you can not gain first aggro I seriously doubt you are going to win a DPS race either.

What you find is FTE prevents most people from even trying to race against you. They simply find a different target as they should since someone else is obviously already there.
  12. Fizon Augur

It simply doesn't. If a bot wants it. FTE makes sure he gets it.

End of story
  13. Soriano Augur

You are starting from a false narrative the botting crews likely do not care either way.

I play TWO characters and I am forced to use two machines to do so...I never play more than TWO.

IF I can play on a single machine I use a dual monitor with single keyboard and mouse and it is a better more efficient way to box. I do not use ANY 3rd party software never have not not [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] none of them do not need them.
    Fluid likes this.
  14. Soriano Augur

You can get first aggro...

You are never going to win the DPS race with a group of scripted afk bots.

You can train them to chase them away but that is the only way you are beating them....and you know it.
    Demetri likes this.
  15. Demetri Augur

If you're running a script that fast, seems pretty likely that the Truebox code would boot you off....

I have a keyboard with an autofire function that if I accidentally skip to the page where the autofire keys are live while EQ'ing on a Truebox server, I get disconnected VERY quickly by the Truebox code.

So it seems more than a basic script that you're talking about - and blatant cheaters like that are one of the few things that GMs deal with anymore, so there's already a protection from that being a common issue.
  16. Demetri Augur

Seems weird that even during Oakwynd's heyday of 6-8 General Channels that never occurred to any degree of prevalence.
  17. Demetri Augur

I've yet to see a SG team that was truly automated - most of them are Asian though. Every time I needed to deal with them, I had a friend get in touch with them - and they spoke to him regularly and worked out deals and such with a turn around time that implied to me they were in fact live for the ones I dealt with.

Just because people refuse to speak to you (especially if you start out hostile) or don't move their characters that much doesn't mean anything other than your own speculation. Myself if I'm watching TV and camping for an item only and don't care about XP/coin at that moment, I'll typically pay attention for a few minutes to clear the immediate room, then AFK for 20 and even during the fights I'll load mostly pet classes to be super lazy about it during the "active" portion.
  18. dentalplan lisa needs braces

I don't think there's any reason to minimize the group botting that happens in SG and other places - it's really bad, it's gotten increasingly rampant the last few TLPs, and it destroys server economies very quickly with vendor items flowing in 24/7 in multiple picks. Just because there's someone that's able to respond to a GM afk check doesn't mean the group isn't almost entirely automated or make it remotely OK.

That's doesn't mean that being able to train them is any kind of solution, and FTE otherwise has nothing to do with it.
    SnapVine likes this.
  19. Soriano Augur

I have heard the delay on engaging messes with people who autobot.

I have beaten many people who have tried to race me at a camp I was at first and I win some lose some, prior to FTE if I was not max level I could not win.

Hadden in Qeynos Hills was a prime example...wanted a fishbone earring a level 60 druid on Oakwynd monopolized that camp all through kunark...I got there once no one at camp so I decided I would just stay until Hadden popped.

Level 60 druid logged in 5 minutes before Hadden showed up and even told me they were going to take Hadden when he spawned...Even though I was clearly there first...I won the race got my earring...at level 47...no way I get my earring against a level 60 without FTE.

pretargeting probably helps but it in no way ensures someone wins as the ability to engage is not instant.
  20. Soriano Augur

On TLPs...yet only one has ever had FTE...

How many /picks did Sirens Grotto have???

Were the bots in EVERY PICK? lol