Dear Darkpaw -- Read before launching the new TLP --

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gladdius, Mar 13, 2024.

1. Gladdius Journeyman

This is a simple request. If all the Mischief style rumours turn out to be true. BE PREPARED!! This launch is going to be bonkers. Have a plan in place!! Buy extra hamsters, drink more red bull, just do something lol.

Otherwise all us enthusiastic gamers trying to log in at the same time is going to result in a self inflicted DDOS lol. Seriously :) I'm stoked for this one!!
  2. Ddezul Augur

Please dear God don't make both servers kronolord droppable loot rules.
    Vicus likes this.
  3. Kahna Augur

My guess would be they are diversifying. You don't name something after Franklin Teek unless you have plans to do something crazy with exp. I would guess Tormax will be a Mischief loot server with a twist and Teek will be some strange spin on exp.
  4. traductus New Member

I’ve been away for a decade+ what is kronolord droppable loot?
  5. Ddezul Augur

Droppable loot plus a plat dupe on Mischief led to massive krono buys.

If you'll youtube some of the EQ talking heads you can find some examples.
  6. Ddezul Augur

What would be awesome IMO is an FTE server with random loot and all the heirloom and evolving stuff along with some 'true box' manifestation.

Make the other server mischief rules sans random loot and wild west boxing.

See which one is most popular.
  7. Gheed Is not reading your response

Thank god you posted this for them, you really saved the day buddy.
  8. Tsuaruanni Elder

Oakwynd doesn't have Mischief loot rules and had the krono buying problem caused by the dupe.

Almost like the ruleset had nothing to do with it.
  9. Tsuaruanni Elder

Mischief was less toxic with regards to krono farmers than any other TLP I've played, which is nearly all of them, ESPECIALLY during the early xpacs.
    DeadRagarr likes this.
  10. Ythera Augur

It's hard to be toxic when you get your efreeti boots off a seahorse in a Kedge Keep aoc instance.
    Trevalon, Bobbybick and Risiko like this.
  11. Zansobar Augur

It’s a fantasy. A computer-enhanced illusion. It doesn’t exist.
  12. Risiko Augur

Mischief was one of the least toxic servers in TLP history.

The plat issue had zero to do with the ruleset of any TLP server. Someone created hundreds of millions of plat out of thin air. Search youtube for the story. The hack hit all servers, but Mischief was the "new" TLP server at the time, so it was most prevalent there.

Despite the largest plat inflation in EQ history, the Mischief server still thrives as one of the most populated TLP servers.
  13. Demetri Augur

Side note, will be interesting to see how GEBs will be affected by the last patch note for the day...

So many people did the "bind in Djarn's room" thing to monopolize the camp and minimize risk of screw up soloing it, without that, will be interesting.
  14. Soriano Augur

And Oakwynd was the newest TLP when the tradeskill depot issue happened...it was WAY worse on Oakwynd because all the farmers and exploiters were on the server with the lowest cost krono prior to the dupe.
  15. Kahna Augur

Except it didn't have the largest plat inflation in history, Oakwynd did, and it decimated the server.
  16. DeadRagarr Augur

Mischief randomizer with no drop placed back.
  17. Ddezul Augur

I disagree.
  18. Risiko Augur

Just go watch youtube. I'm not going to sit here and explain it.
  19. The Silver Smurfer New Member

Mischief was very chill in my experience. All camps were pretty equal given the lvl range on drops so not much fighting for a particular camp.
  20. Tsuaruanni Elder

Curious with which parts.