Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hinastorm86, Mar 7, 2024.

1. dentalplan lisa needs braces

FTE is never 100%. There is a relatively even playing field. It has not been my experience that people who are very obviously cheating have a big advantage on tags of FTE mobs, but moreso than this it just doesn't happen very often because, again, a FTE system makes winning uncertain enough that most people aren't going to bother muscling in.

You know what actually is 100%? Losing mobs or your camp to a botter or other group who rolls up with more dps than you in a non-FTE system.
    Ddezul and SnapVine like this.
  2. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Lastly

I play on all TLPs and alamost all live servers, have never run anything other than the original Keyboard testing applet known as Autofire.exe. I don't need or want software to play for me, I play because I actually like to play and if I want to /flex, I join Inverse Logic and go raid. with grown ups.

I've been here since Beta and know what's what in EQ. You are not fooling anyone.
    Scornn and Shurman like this.
  3. dentalplan lisa needs braces

Have you played on Oakwynd and actually tried out the FTE system as implemented there? It really doesn't seem like it based on what you were saying about tagging mobs before they render earlier.
    Demetri, Ddezul and SnapVine like this.
  4. Arclyte Augur

all this gnashing of teeth over something that can be solved by behaving like an adult

FTE was created because some of you people can't control yourselves, and being a babysitter for grown men on the internet isn't very lucrative
    Demetri, Ddezul and SnapVine like this.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That isn't the case as everyone will have a chance to agro it with abilities that can be used without the need of a script.
    dentalplan and Demetri like this.
  6. Gheed Is not reading your response

The only people that hate it are the zerg guilds that want to DPS race or train you for every living thing in Norrath.

FTE is great
    Demetri likes this.
  7. Shurman Lorekeeper

A script running a /tar command once every .000021 of a second will win all FTE races.

Gua Ran Teed.

Saying otherwise is a falsehood. It is physically impossible.

It is faster than serverside polling vs whatever AoE you have, like if you run fast enough past a see invis mob, you get a pass. Ask a bard.
    Fizon likes this.
  8. Gheed Is not reading your response

Sure thing pal
    Demetri likes this.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Will the game even allow someone to script an action that frequently and not have it trigger alerts to investigate? Regardless FTE isn't expected to be a perfect fix to solve every possible case of abuse.
    code-zero and Demetri like this.
  10. Shurman Lorekeeper

"you people"

Reminds me that Real World sketch... hmmm
  11. Gheed Is not reading your response

Almost made me spit my drink out. You've got guys playing entire raids and warping through every zone all day but you think something hitting a hotkey very fast is gonna get you "investigated"?

I guess I don't really expect more from you buddy but come on.
    Shurman likes this.
  12. Shurman Lorekeeper

Nah, you don't. Serverside polling is nowhere near as fast. Seriously, go play on Zek server for a week.

#headinthesand
  13. dentalplan lisa needs braces

Will do, right after you play on Oakwynd for a week and develop thoughts on FTE based on actual experience instead of feelings!
    Demetri likes this.
  14. Fizon Augur

The amount of people who think they can target a mob and make an action on it before a group of bots can is completely ridiculous and willful ignorance. And it's those bots who benefit most from FTE.
    Shurman likes this.
  15. Shurman Lorekeeper

This.

So much this.

It doesn't surprise me either.

Playing let's pretend we don't know.

Personally, if I was a GM I'd ghost into a raid and see what they're running.

I invite every GM in the game to pore over my logs and see there have been zero, count them zero software inputs of any kind.

Now do the same for this lot!

How about you, would you submit to the same? I dare you.

I play entirely within the rules. I observe those who do not. Hence why I'm on this side of this argument.

Experience. I've been in several raid guilds, have played on Zek, Every TLP, including Oakwynd and alsmost all live servers.

Scripters are everywhere.

I think I've been trained maybe 10 times since 1999 I think maybe 3-4 of them were attempts to move me off a spawn or camp and it didn't work. Trains are avoidable and counterable. Oh, O train> I got aggro, now I am the train, here ya go, have your mobs back still works. So does just outrunning the trainer and leaving them towing mobs in circles. As long as your runspeed is greater than mobs, they have to deal with the aggro themselves.

Learn to defend.
    Fluid likes this.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Are you suggesting that it is humanly possible to trigger an action every .000021 seconds? That is something that is easy to catch in the logs and trigger on/
    Demetri likes this.
  17. Shurman Lorekeeper

100% correct.

Especially the "willful ignorance" part.

Why ARE they pretending SO hard, why play let's pretend vs actual math? From a leading raidguild? You pretend to believe that?

Horsepucks.
  18. Shurman Lorekeeper

you and your alts don't read. I do, and have said I do, play on Oakwynd.

A human input will never beat a scripted /tar

Not gonna happen. Software outperforms humans by 3 cardinal orders.

Hundreths is the max for a human input.

TEN THOUSANDTHS is machine /tar which happens MUCH faster than serverside polls.
  19. dentalplan lisa needs braces

As already stated, the cheat program stuff needs a serious crackdown and it's a separate conversation. The goal of FTE is not to give you an edge over cheaters, cheaters are going to have an edge no matter what, that's why people do it. It's just even worse without FTE.
  20. Fizon Augur

We have sat here on tlps watching afk bot groups farm places like Sirens Grotto for months or years on end. Watched 70 man bot raid armys kill open world targets and dz's and then sell loot rights. It's clear they are all automated yet they are always there never banned.

It's completely laughable that DB would do anything to an auto hotkey runner.
    Scornn, Gheed and Shurman like this.