A minor but cool request for TLP2024 - All races/classes

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Demetri, Mar 10, 2024.

1. CdeezNotes Augur

And the quote never states the reasons you state. Basically, you're using your words and pretending to quite devs.

The devs said you are wrong, btw.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  2. CdeezNotes Augur

Except I support the topic and provide further discussion. You? You type the same thing over and over and fail to provide evidence. You're just defaming the devs by making up quotes for them.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  3. Chanaluss Can spell Doljonijiarnimorinar, Iqthinxa Karnkvi

That's a willfully dismissive interpretation of someone asking that question. "Why?" is a perfectly reasonable question to ask someone. You know better than most that the devs will ask why because they WANT AN EXPLANATION.
    OldTimeEQ1 and Crabman like this.
  4. Crabman Augur

I guess my question for you now, is what is it that you like about how classic is now that would be ruined for you if bst/ber were brought in at classic rather than the original expansions. regardless of what devs want or can and cant do. is it the integrity or nostalga of classic and it would be ruined by having out of era classes? I assume you play all classic TLP's to have such a strong opinion about it. So im just wondering what about it you are against?
    Ddezul likes this.
  5. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Remember when actual Devs used to respond on TLP forums?

Now we got a dev-wanna-be using the "we" rampantly and burying threads with inane stuff, getting his postcount up. How the forums have fallen.
    Dre. likes this.
  6. Trevalon Augur

No they havent. I have been on these forums as long as you Warring, and they have never said ti on these forums or an AMA. Your lying and making stuff up. Sorry, bud, your lying. They never said it.

Stop lying Warring.

To the OP: I dont know if I care so much about ARAC, but I would like to see Bst/Zerkers and all live available class.combos available at launch. It would not be hard to do.
    Dre. and OldTimeEQ1 like this.
  7. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Ask Waring what TLP he plays or played in past and watch him dance around it, post regurgitated stuff (what he says in his first post is what he will repeat throughout the thread fyi) and move goalposts and thread will die when people just give up (and he probably will write to DPG how amazing he is with playerbase and how his indepth posts save DPG time on the forums!)

You would think people who don't play on TLP would kind of at least own up to it - you would also think people who don't play on a server won't keep posting about how populated it is either. Waring would prove you wrong on both counts every time he posts. :p
    Dre. likes this.
  8. Larsen Augur

Doesn't seem like it would add much to the game, plus ogre would be the optimal choice for 95% of classes.

They would have to add.. let me get my calculator... 92 new guildmasters to the game across the various starting cities, and several hundred spell merchants. And that's just in classic. It'll be even more when new races and classes unlock. So easily 500+ new NPCs.

They would also have to expand most starting cities to make room for the new guilds, which in extreme cases like Oggok and Grobb come out to eleven new classes that each need a guildmaster and a cluster of spell merchants.

Then you have to add new robe graphics to all the classes that don't have it (ogre, troll, barbarian, dwarf, halfling, half elf, wood elf), one for every single robe in the entire game that has a distinctive graphic. Again, many hundreds of new item models to design.

All for the sake of a gimmick that doesn't seriously make it a better game. If anything, it tarnishes the spirit of the game and makes most of the races entirely pointless. The best race for every class would be ogre, except maybe necros for whom it might be troll.

Silly thing to hope for when just the sheer logistics of accommodating such a change makes it guaranteed that the devs would never do it. Pointless suggestion.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Asking why they they would do something like that sure sounds like it isn't something that they would want to do and she isn't the only person who has said that.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

As I have stated multiple times, search on the forums sucks and it is hard to find stuff not to mention I am not the only one who has said that the devs have stated this in the past.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I have never stated that classic would be ruined by this, I have stated that there would be issues with the classes themselves not being able to do things that players would expect as it is locked behind the expansions that they got released in. I have also never said that it "cant" be done rather that the devs don't want to do it.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They have stated it in the past and there is even a quote provided from JChan asking why they would do unlock beastlords and berskers in classic when asked that in an AMA. This discussion has never about how easy or hard it would be to do rather what they want to do.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

To me it sure sounds like it is something that they don't want to do as it seems pretty clear why players want this so that they can play their desired class in classic instead of waiting for them to be unlocked.
  14. CdeezNotes Augur

Your excuses don't alleviate you of the burden of truth. Either find evidence or continue making quotes up and defaming devs.

You're also breaking forum rules, yet again, by being unconstructive and trolling.
    Barton-Vox likes this.
  15. CdeezNotes Augur

And from that single quote you managed to conflate it to a list of supposed issues the devs have. Basically, you are misquoting someone, inserting your personal obsessions against it, and accusing the devs of saying it. It's morally and ethically wrong

JChan NEVER listed the reasons you provided in that AMA. It gives you zero credibility by acting like she did. Provide a quote made by a dev of specific reasons why all/all is improbable, otherwise stop talking about it. It's unconstructive and breaking rules, which you should be suspended for.

I've been on these forums as long as you. I never once recall a single quote made by a dev regarding the issues of ALL/ALL. You're being deceitful, manipulative, and untruthful.
    Barton-Vox and Ddezul like this.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Pointing out what devs have said in the past and not being able to find things with search isn't breaking the rules or defaming the devs.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I never said JChan listed the reasons in the AMA, I just made a statement that her questioning why something would be done is showing that they don't want to do it. It isn't hard to understand that the reason players are making the request is so that they can play those classes at launch and that she understands that fact but doesn't think that it should be done by asking why.
  18. Gheed Is not reading your response

Wow what a cool and original idea. Hope they implement it for you!
  19. FranktheBank Augur

Actually it is. You are posting in a VERY non-constructive manner AND constantly spamming. Literally two different rules violated constantly.
  20. Trevalon Augur

No they didn't. Again, your lying as usual. You have no proof and you cant site any cause it literally never happened. Your lying just like you always do Warring trying to act like you know something you don't. You're wrong and someone needs to call you out. How you dont get suspended for your trolling is beyond me.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.