Warrior beta feedback not being addressed

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Krool, May 11, 2023.

1. Krool Lorekeeper

Warriors were supposed to have changes made to Battle Leap. We are now in May and still no change. Several players gave great recommendations during NoS Beta for changes to other warrior abilities. Are warriors going to see any improvements in 2023? Or is next expansion beta just going to be turning the knob for higher numbers and keeping functionality the same again?
    Meckwell likes this.
  2. Cadira Augur

The devs seem pretty clueless to all tank issues and seem to ignore common sense solutions every year despite being spoon fed the answers.
    Raptorjesus5, Allayna, Krool and 3 others like this.
  3. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

Probably on the same timeline as the upgrade to SK Reaver's Bargain and the implementation of Paladin's Champion's Oath:

Tuning: Shadowknight: Reaver's Bargain (1116): Needs a balance pass
    Tuning: Paladin: Champion's Oath (NEW): Introduce new activated AA comparable to Reaver's Bargain

From: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/nos-aa-feedback-thread.285974/#post-4170754
    Supposedly a 'post-launch' project. At this point in time, I can't imagine them doing something new for warriors which wasn't even mentioned as a plan.
    Allayna likes this.
  4. The real Sandaormo Augur

Personally I think Live Warriors are in a good place at the moment. Not sure what you expect to have happen the the class? What were you thinking?
    Cadman likes this.
  5. Cannikin Augur

Back in beta on the to-do list, the devs mentioned making the melee damage buff for Battle Leap into a permanent passive increase, instead of having to redo Battle Leap every time you zone. Same for zerkers.
  6. The real Sandaormo Augur

That is how it is on Live. Maybe it has a level restriction? You must be on a TLP?
  7. Cyphren Journeyman

The change was to make the damage buff a permanent passive AA. So you don't have to reup the buff every time you zone.

They said they were doing a similar change to Monks Zan Fi.
  8. Tyranthraxus Grognard

I mean cool, but we are a button heavy class, re-upping isn't that big a deal. I kind of prefer the flavor of having to do it. Either way, this seems like at most a very minor annoyance. Fix the UI,
  9. Cannikin Augur

That is absolutely not how it currently is on Live.

Battle Leap currently gives you a buff in your song window that goes away any time you zone, log, die, etc. You have remember to redo it every single time (like if you die on a raid and get rezzed), you must have a mob you can attack to be able to activate it (no setting it up before engage), and you have to leap to do it (which can screw with mob/player positioning). It also permanently takes up a space on my hotbar that I would almost never use except to put on the buff.

The change discussed makes it not a buff at all, just a permanent increase to base damage. Buy the AA and forget about it.
  10. Szilent Augur

I use it lots to move around a battlefield. Making the buff permanent might catch some edge cases for me, like Battle Leap is terrrrrribibble underwater, but I definitely won't be giving back that hotbutton in a general sense.
    Dre. likes this.
  11. Rogue001 Lorekeeper

I'm late to the party here, but a few things.
    1. The movement ability you gain from this AA is well worth cost of having to re-up on zone or death.
    2. On the list of things that warriors need improvement on, I would rank this at the very bottom, it's such a minor impact to play that I don't even really notice it.
  12. Elkar Headhunter Elder

It is a waste of time to push for a change to battle leap, there is really only one thing warriors could use a boost in IMO and that is AE aggro.

Tanking, DPS, and single target aggro are fine even for lazy warriors.
    Tanking, DPS, and single target aggro are great for active warriors who know what they're doing.

If they were going to do anything to add to the warrior class, I would like to see another AE aggro ability that doesn't share a timer with the hurricane blades line and preferably one that does not damage NPCs.

As far as battle leap, just don't be lazy or don't forget to cast it the same way you don't forget to use fort when you need it.
    Skuz, TsiawdMS, Dre. and 1 other person like this.
  13. Dre. Altoholic

It would also be nice if these fixes ever trickled down to the lower levels where Warriors need it the most. An AE jolt+hate/time disc for lvl 10 / 30 / 50 would go a long way for new player and TLP Warriors.
    Pumped likes this.
  14. Szilent Augur

i.e. Roar of Challenge update/upgrade. This December it will have been 12 years with nothin' on timer 11!
    Syylke_EMarr likes this.
  15. tsiawdroi TittyGOAT

I mean when a warrior is running hot with ecliptic/beguile just cycling through etw after rampage/blades, I have noticed (in a short sample size) how insanely hard it is to keep aggro (as a knight). Personally, I'd hate to be an add tank with him as main tank assisting the ma. Then again ya got bst tanking more than knights these days :p With that said, Elkar the goat so listen to him!
  16. Elkar Headhunter Elder

Now that battle leap is out of the way we should rally for some much-needed AE aggro boosts.

I realize that our knight counterparts should be ahead of us in this department, but we have been left in the dust here.

Let's just compare the SKs and warriors.
    Warriors
    Spiraling Blades - 33909 hate every 45 seconds + damage
    Wade into conflict - 4176 at 22 procs every 5 minutes
    Penumbral Expanse - 4412 hate at 40 procs every 3 minutes

Shadow Knight
    Explosion of Spite - 35000 hate every 45 seconds
    Explosion of Hatred - 35000 hate every 45 seconds
    Stream of Hatred - 30000 hate every 45 seconds
    Animus - 16807 hate every 30 seconds
    Bargain - 40669 hate every 30 seconds + damage
    Insidious - 11024 hate every 5 seconds + heal and damage
    Penumbral Disruption - 3861 hate at 40 procs + heal
    Also worth mentioning that it requires a smaller incoming heal so we typically run through the 40 counters and since it has no recast timer so we can throw it right back on. Where on a warrior if we do run through the 40 counters, we still have a 3 minute recast.

I play both so I understand we don't all use all of those abilities but because of just a few of them we don't need to use them all but if we did for some reason require them on the SK well, we have those options.

On the warrior we are trailing big time in this department.

I would like to see the blades timer reduced to 30 seconds.
    I would like to see Roar of Challenge brought back and effect 8 mobs rather than 3
    I would also like to see a new ability with a 30 second timer that can incite hatred in all mobs that does not have a damage component attached to it and does not share a timer with the few options we have.

I am sure others have some good ideas that maybe we could all get behind.
    Pumped, Elder Ekron, Lenn and 7 others like this.
  17. Dre. Altoholic

I don't know why you're resigned to this position. The job of the tank is to keep the group alive by keeping the mob's attention focused on themselves. Two of the three tanks have 100+ levels worth of tools for this. One does not.
    Pumped likes this.
  18. Zaknaffein Augur

Un-Nerf Wade and Expanse.

Problem solved ~
    Elkar Headhunter likes this.
  19. Szilent Augur

I would prefer End of the Line (Time/Pain/Finish, whole line), Precision/Expanse and Determined/Wade have more substantial endurance costs (like 2-3000?) and chopped reuse time. Warrior inability to have our versions of Skin/Preservation & Penumbral (née Harmonious/Concordant/Confluent) up full time is a real questionable differentiator from knights.
    Elkar Headhunter and Dre. like this.
  20. p2aa Augur

I agree, here is a copy / paste of what I posted in beta :

Mitigation

We need our disc / clickies to last closer to their full duration against raids mobs.

Ecliptic Shielding should last 1 min instead of 30 sec.
    Roaring BP click should last 3 min instead of 1 min 30.
    Warrior Bastion should last 2 min at least (of a 4 min theory duration) instead of 10 sec.

To achieve this, the max damage cap absorbed should be increased appropriately.

AE Aggro

We are behind both knights there.

Wade Into Battle (called Conflict now) procs hate been improved by 500 hate only. We are far from the previous values that have been nerfed greatly in 2017 (going from 12,5 k to 3,5 k hate), and now it produces 4 k hate.

What we are really lacking anyhow is another AE aggro grabber tool (Wade Into Conflict is working once aggro is on you, so not a grabber anyhow)

We have only one fast refresh good AE aggro tool, the XXX Blade lines, that refresh every 45 sec.
    We have 1 AA AE taunt, but the 5 min refresh is too long, and we don't want to have all mobs on us each time.
    We have another AA, Roar of Challenge, but the 2 k hate it produces to a max of 3 target is really lacklustered.

So we need another AE aggro disc / AA, 40 sec refresh, with a good hate amount.
    Make it so that it doesn't produce any damage at all, it's fine, only hate produced.
    It works also if you limit to a max of 8 targets, like Paladins AA.
    If you don't want to create a new disc / AA, you can upgrade Roar of Challenge, reduce the recast time from 1 min to 40 sec, increase the number of targets it hits from 3 to 8, and the hate produced should be in the 25 k +, and remove the "decreases accuracy" mod.

We should be at least equal to paladins regarding AE aggro, and we aren't, the problem being mostly our AE aggro frequency of use that is lacklustered.