2 Quality of life changes to grow EQ

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Mr Wonderful, Mar 12, 2024.

1. Mr Wonderful Journeyman

1. Get rid of truebox
    2. Create a Bazar in the tunnel for buying and selling
  2. Demetri Augur

Regarding #2 - I think an easier method to do it rather than creating another would be to just add a teleport NPC/Item to the tunnel to Bazaar during the early eras with the zone enabled w/o it's exits working (just the one that would dump back to CL)
  3. Appren Gnomercy

EC tunnel spam kills me, so I'd support that. Some people for some weird reason enjoy it though.
  4. Basak Augur

I have gotten so used to truebox over the years, I forget how to do it on one machine.
  5. Intercept Augur

Some people enjoy playing a 25 year old game for some weird reason too.

Watch you don't change this game out of a player base
    Shalom and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  6. Demetri Augur

Frankly, I find it more convenient to "True box" myself at this point - tabbing versus an extra keyboard, extra keyboard all day for me.

Only things I don't like about Truebox is that the code for detecting stuff like Multiplicity being used can often be overly sensitive, not sure how one would mitigate that though - but man it's frustrating to hit assist on one machine then the other and get disconned for it because I was too quick, or whatever specifically triggers it.
  7. Atomos Augur

I don't and will never box, yet I just cannot wrap my head around the purpose of Truebox. It serves no purpose when the option to play enormous groups of characters played by one human being is still there. It is happening. It's always going to happen. Instead regular players who want to play a few characters on a single computer are the ones that get screwed. It makes no sense.

I posted the idea for EC Tunnel Bazaar on here long ago, I think it'd be neat for EC Tunnel to be its own zone and have bazaar functionality in Classic-Velious. The amount of people who want to stand around and shout WTS/WTB all day is minimal, and most of the people that truly care about doing it play on P99 anyway. Everyone else does it because they have to, not because they want to. There's no other option during Classic-Velious.
    Beeshma and Muramx like this.
  8. Soriano Augur

You make a lot more plat pre-bazaar ERA...People impulse buy a LOT before bazaar impulse buyers tend to buy as soon as they see it available...once bazaar is in the need to quickly obtain an item goes away. Smartest thing you can do usually is when you see the /ooc in tunnel wait 5 minutes...chances are you will see it for less as another seller saw the same /ooc you saw and they now want to under cut. prior to bazaar someone see what they want at a price they do not mind paying and they buy....after bazaar people discount shop. Just fact of the economics ...probably why many want it bazaar on day one....lol
  9. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

actually dealing with > truebox restrictions. If ALL the boxed inputs were manual and not script it would never have gotten like this. People always boxed multiple PCs, it wasn't that. It is the mechanization of the inputs, the "broadcasting" whish is patently against the ToS, but sadly the powers that be prefer thier cash over players.

Truebox is an admission of defeat vs botters. ( Well, an unwillingness to shut them down beacause they truly know how many guilds run it ) Darkpaw fears the lost revenue at once vs the trickle loss of players over it being less sudden and obvious. This is more pleasing to the RoI in the near term.
  10. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Knights are way too complicated for the average chess player, they should be nerfed.

What? Pawns can't move diagonally! /shows rule book on En Passant captures from the 2nd rank.

(this one really bothers people)

In chess, en passant (French: [ɑ̃ pasɑ̃], lit. "in passing") describes the capture by a pawn of an enemy pawn on the same rank and an adjacent file that has just made an initial two-square advance. The capturing pawn moves to the square that the enemy pawn passed over, as if the enemy pawn had advanced only one square.

If you Google "Chess rules, En Passant" the first auto generated "People also ask" is:

"Is En Passant legal in chess?" which kinda indicates the person asking thinks it might not be

and they were cheated, and oddly, not "What are the rules of chess"

This is how humans react.
  11. Atomos Augur

lmao in no way shape or form is this true.
  12. 25AnniONLY New Member

I believe you to be incorrect.
    The best zones from Classic-Velious to farm platinum in are Rathe HG / Planes / Sebilis / Sirens.
    After Luclin drops those zones are still highly applicable for farming platinum due to several reasons. ( minus classic )

1 ) Siren's is majority gem drops that are 40p+ per gem and drop generally every kill.
    2 ) Sebilis - Gems drops very common in disco and you also have the named that drop the plate drops that sell to vendors for 400p, many of which are not lore.
    3 ) Hill Giants in classic for straight platinum
    4 ) Planes drop the Black Sapphires and other gems that are used for tradeskillers which generally sell for x2 - x5 times the vendor cost, not to mention the raw plat sales from ruby crowns / etc.

Once Luclin hits: We have what exactly that generates any significant platinum in the amounts of the above ?

Not to mention the item sales from Classic-Velious which is majority tradable gear.
  13. Ddezul Augur

Truebox is a winner and should be on every server through OOW in some form. See: Rizlona.

I agree about a bazaar function being available.
  14. Azzlann Elder

I'm pro true box especially in the early expansions. I think they picked a good spot although they could maybe move it up to PoP or LDoN. Tunnel is way to nostalgic in the early days and should stay in.
  15. Soriano Augur

Yes you do...items sell for a LOT more pre bazaar and you are kidding yourself if you think otherwise.
    25AnniONLY likes this.
  16. Atomos Augur

Goodness. We are talking about selling things to other players lmao. Sorry you wrote all that crap.
  17. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Tunnel nostalgia lasta 10 minutes max. Then the reality of

- Idiot sellers who put PST without a price, and berate you when you send them a price offer. They are looking for overpaying buyers but won't say.

- Spam bots for Krono prices artificially low to manipulate tlpauctions prices 24x7. Ignore is useless as a new level 1 is made to say WTS once in auction at a low PP price for Krono, logged/deleted, another made etc.

Please put a port stone and open just bazaar on day 1, disable zoneouts from baz except back to commons.
  18. Elabone Augur

You make more money pre Baz but spend significantly more time selling.

The time you save by being able to just set a trader and go to bed is invaluable.
  19. Soriano Augur

Early in a TLP you can make a LOT more plat with a hour in the morning and an hour or so at night. Yes you have to be there that is what creates the dynamic I was referring to in my first post. People buy more on impulse (in the moment) before the bazaar.

DAY ONE of bazaar spells prices drop like a rock, because now all the people who would not bother selling in tunnel put their extra spells on a bazaar mule and inside of 24 hours they undercut the prices down to nothing...DROPS that were selling for a lot of plat in tunnel drop due to added competition...That dynamic will always hold true and therefore you make more plat prior to bazaar.
  20. Dre. Altoholic

3. Dedicated Bazaar and LFG chat channels
    4. Tools to allow players to mute/kick/flag channel spammers
    5. PC-based ignore lists
    Barton-Vox likes this.