Log out in Sunset Hills, log back in in Dragonscale Hills

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Shay, Mar 12, 2024.

1. Shay Apprentice

I've had it a couple of times now that I have logged out at my house, and when I logged back in... I was in Dragonscale Hills instead.
    Very odd, and very annoying when you're a melee!
  2. Knifen Augur

Dont log out in any type of instance. IE House, Guild House, DZ,
  3. Svann2 The Magnificent

Your house and the housing neighborhoods are technically instances. They dont spin up until someone tries to enter them. The bug is that if you try to log in to one that isnt loaded yet the game will fail to wait till the zone is ready, realize there isnt a zone to put you in, and put you in some other zone.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

For those in the back: DO NOT CAMP OUT IN INSTANCES.
  5. Shay Apprentice

Ah, I didn't think of that.
  6. Iuwene Augur

Though in this case it would make more sense to put you into an adjacent static zone.
    I.E. Guild Lobby if you camp out in Guild Hall or Sunrise Hills, the zone you came from when you camp out in a mission instance.

At the moment, if you camp out in lets say Pal Lomen mission you appear in front of the door in LI when you log back in and the instance has expired. Same for the Door in Shadowhaven and probably all modern mission inis.
    So the code is obviously in place, it just has to be universally applied.

It doesn't make any sense at all to log you in to a random zone, if your instance has expired.

Another example where this is not consistent is if you enter an instance through guild banner port and leave the instance, you end in PoK.

On a side note, in larger guilds logging in GH is not so much a problem, as there will me someone staying in GH most of the time anyway, so the instances won't expire.
    Svann2 likes this.
  7. Keuamie New Member

okay now you all have done it. i have to make a lvl 1, do the housing tutorial, and log out in the house to see where it puts me.

Edit: okay did the above and logged out of the client. checked back and the 'return home' button was usable which i believe means the instance had enough time to expire. loaded he character and got the 'zone loading' message and then popped inside the house right where i logged out. i'll try leaving it for a day and see.