A minor but cool request for TLP2024 - All races/classes

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Demetri, Mar 10, 2024.

1. Demetri Augur

On the "the devs don't want to..." theorycrafting... do we need to remind you about how a previous LEAD DEVELOPER hated the idea of AoCs/pickzones and said something like that would NEVER happen?

Correct phrasing would be "at last check they had not wanted to".
  2. Silver-Crow Augur

Indeed... Free trade on a TLP will never happen - They said
    and yet it did.

A PVP TLP will never happen - They said.
    Actually yeah, this one will never happen :rolleyes:
    Crabman, Demetri and Chanaluss like this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It has been stated by employees who are still working at Daybreak and on Everquest.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And free trade happened because they also added in random loot. The issue with free trade is that it would allow bots to lock down key drops without random loot.
  5. Chanaluss Can spell Doljonijiarnimorinar, Iqthinxa Karnkvi

Oh i am certain. Hopefully the ones who actually still interact with the community. But once again, that does not refute the possibility of change.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That would be fine if we didn't keep getting posts asking for it over and over again when we already have had an answer on the subject.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Just because the community wants something and the devs interact with them doesn't mean that they need to or are going to agree with what is wanted.

How many times in the past have we seen the community bring up a "problem" to the devs about something only to get something nerfed in the end? And example of this was when there was complaints about the power of the various proc belts that just ended up in getting one of them nerfed because the devs decided it was more powerful then intended.
  8. Chanaluss Can spell Doljonijiarnimorinar, Iqthinxa Karnkvi

And just because historically they have not agreed with an idea does not mean that idea does not become more agreeable later. Further, just because someone has an idea that has historically been not agreed with, it is not required for you to participate in the thread to tell them to shut up. This entire series of posts in the last few days feels nothing more than your attempt to stifle discussion.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

No one is trying to shut anyone up, we are just letting the requester know that the question has been asked in the past and the response has been that they don't want to do it. It doesn't help anyone for more of these threads to happen with no mention of what has been said about it by Daybreak employees in the past.
  10. Demetri Augur

"Over and over again..." - I've been back to paying attention to the forums for about 4-5 months for the current stretch, and I've not seen it until now...

Last I recall seeing it was in a previous incoming TLP cycle, and among all the talk about FTE, it feels like it was skipped for Oakwynd from my recollection. (Not to mention, Vaniki had GoD launch with it so... I doubt it was done in the Yelinak/Vaniki year either)

So to me it feels like "over and over" is quite the bit of hyperbole to me. I'm all for not hammering something to death when it's been recently discussed, the fact that there are multiple FTE threads ongoing right now is an aberration to me. But this topic seems like it had fallen out of the EQ Forums recent zeitgeist to me, and obviously this is an appropriate time for it to be considered IF it was to be done.

Got no skin in the game particularly, a BST or Zerk really wouldn't fit into the 4-man my wife and I want to piece together for TLP2024 - but I know I'll certainly have friends that will do the temporary character til GoD/SoL thing because of it, where they'll be directly impacted. (Which includes one now active in the thread that I'd forgotten due to forum name/game name mismatch! Wife fixed my memory on that though!) Even frogloks even though they're a race preference for me, seem unlikely to be relevant if the /calendar mining on Test proves to be accurate that we're starting with Kunark b/c our only Frog friendly classes would be Iksar preferred for their progressive quest lines.
  11. CdeezNotes Augur

An answer from apparently years ago made by a dev we don't even know works here still. That's how insufficient your continued, tired response is. Who cares what a previous employee said? I've yet to see the post, quote, acreenshot, whatever from these mysterious devs who gave the answer. We know you have no idea who said it so how is it meaningful in any way other than your obsession at playing make believe dev?

You're free to not respond to the thread. You're not required to copy/paste the same junk every time this topic comes up. If you don't like the topic....IGNORE IT. Similar to how you ignore any request to further the discussion and instead repeat the same 5 sentences over and over. Why are you so obsessed with this topic anyways? I'd love to hear why
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I do know that devs who have stated it in the past still work on Everquest, the issue is that finding things on the forums through search can be impossible.

You stated that I am free to ignore it but the same applies to you as well.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

4-5 months isn't long as this generally comes up each year around the time talk of the next TLP server starts up so it isn't surprising that you didn't see the threads from years past.
  14. Crabman Augur

Where? Where have the devs posted a response saying they dont want to do it. YOU have said they dont want to do it and you have made up YOUR OWN reasons why. Thats it.

On the flip side, devs have repeatedly said they read the forums. So people going to the forums talking about what they would want in a TLP is important. The more times it gets posted, year after year, clearly shows the devs it is something that people would value highly in a new tlp.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I am not the only person who has stated that the devs have said that they wanted to keep races, classes and race/class combos to the expansions they got released in. Sure it is possible that they may change that stance in the future but it isn't likely going to be because of a new thread on the forums asking about it. They are well aware of the demand to have all classes at the start of the TLP as well as all race/class combinations as well and they don't need more threads to tell them that.
  16. Crabman Augur

But you, nor anyone else can actually show that. So then why would you say it? Just because some other person in the community did and you just want to spread false info? You also say they are aware of it. How do you know they are aware of it? Did they post that somewhere too? Please show me where they said that.

The only place I have seen anyone who works at daybreak say anything about it is when Jchan went onto ALovingRobot's twitch stream and it was asked about adding bst/ber to classic. Her response was "sure, we could, but why?" This and the many other posts like this each year are showing the why.
  17. Manafasto Augur

That response really irritated me. To prevent burn out is the first thing that came to my mind followed up with people like BZK as well.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I can't state what has been said about it in the past? Again, I am not the only person who makes this kind of statement about the idea of releasing races, classes, and race/class combos early. And as I have stated many times, search on the site sucks making it very hard to find older things.

And you just provided a quote showing that they don't want to do it otherwise they wouldn't be asking the question of why when there is plenty of posts asking for it.
  19. Crabman Augur

Nowhere did I say you cant. I actually asked you to show me in both of my posts. So I really wish that you would. But you claiming that "search sucks" just makes it really hard for me to believe that it ever happened.

And that is the first time I have heard it interpreted that way. Most people listening in on that twitch stream some 4 years ago assumed it was something she had never thought of doing it before. I can imagine she doesnt spend quite as much time on the forums as you do to see the handful of threads about adding bst/ber earlier
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And you also provided a quote from JChan who is in charge of everything asking why they would unlock beastlords/berserkers at TLP launch. If her asking why they would do something isn't a good indicator that they don't want to do it I am not sure what I can say to convince you that they don't want to do it.