Gallant Armor Lining Rarity

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Middle-Aged grouper, Feb 16, 2024.

1. Middle-Aged grouper New Member

DB Team,

I understand the overall move to the armor/slot specific t3 player made crafted pieces, it keeps people playing longer than the ore system did (even though I preferred the ore system).

However, each expansion it seems the drop rate for these t3 no-drop pieces get rarer, and it leads to very monotonous game play for those eq players who don't raid. I would highly encourage you to increase the drop rate from named mobs, and especially in missions.

As an alternative, I'd like you to consider making these no-drop components purchasable using the expansion mission currency. This would not require any major design work - the items already exist and the vendor with mission currency already exists. It would be as simple as pricing the items and putting them on the vendor. It would make sense to make them fairly expensive (say 1000-2000 Laurion Inn Vouchers) - but it still gives individuals hope that after running 6-7 missions they can get the piece they are looking for, rather than a small chance at any piece dropping and and even smaller chance that it is a piece they still need.

Please consider this suggestion. Thank you.

P.S. As a personal aside, I have run both missions at least 2 times a day for the last 2 months and have yet to see a mask fastener drop.
    Kaenneth and Nennius like this.
  2. Kalamos Augur

FWIW I've seen several masks drop, but this ore system definitely exaggerates RNG issues. I agree though, the containers do seem too rare. This applies to raid chests too. I suspect we'll see the drop rates in both group and raid content increase in the coming months though. I get the feeling slot specific ores and a lower drop rate is DPGs attempt to slow down gear acquisition some to keep us playing and paying more throughout an expansion year. They of course have to balance that with the point people might start canceling subs out of frustration (yeah right .. addicts never just quit).

Also, mask fastener ores will only drop in the Hero's Are Forged mission FYI. Only visible slot and weapon ores drop in FF. HF is non-visibles and augs.
  3. Flatchy Court Jester

Just think of those that are unable to do any of the 2 tasks they made solo? They have to rely on a named which "Might" pop in 2 hours or not at all. Your chances for loot are way better than those people. This sounds like complaining but it really is me agreeing with you that the range stinks on the Gallant. I have all but finished my hunters (4 named left) and I think I have seen 4 wrists , 2 feet, and one BP. The alts may be left out this go round, If you wanted to make people use the T2 stuff you got your wish.
    Rijacki likes this.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

Killed 11 named yesterday...one T3 drop, and that was a cloak.

The drop rate is beyond putrid. Combine it with the fact of only 2 missions, which also have horrible drop rates, it's proof that the devs absolutely hate and despise group players. It strengthens the argument for putting all this stuff on the vendor and letting us buy them with currency...just like the same luxury raiders enjoy.
  5. Belexes ForumQuester

I have been looting a ton of these. They don't seem that rare. Must be just your luck with RNG. All of my alts are getting them. Since the expansion has dropped, I have looted about 20.
  6. random_pawn00 Journeyman

Gallant is MIA. Especially since the last patch. We run missions daily. We rarely see 1 piece of it. The spell drops are usually 121 or 122 too. We have been running missions for months, with lots of currency. Maybe the gallant could be purchasable with the expansion currency?
    minimind, Velisaris_MS and Nennius like this.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

Last night, 6 named kills...0 T3 gear drops. One named dropped 3 ornaments...and another dropped 4...FOUR...ornaments. No T3 (or neck) in the mission we ran either. Some didn't even drop spells.

The night before, 7 named kills...0 T3 drops.

I don't care what the devs say, the ornaments are messing up the loot tables. For the love of god, get that crap off of named and chests, and put it on trash mobs where it belongs.
  8. minimind The Village Idiot

I've been three-boxing (plus mercs) Final Fugue for a while now. I use my wife's zerk in the trio and FF is the only mission she's completed. The 11 Rapidious Sun Shavings she has purchased means she has spent 5,500 Laurion Inn Vouchers and completed at least 41 missions (135 vouchers each).

I still haven't seen the T3 gloves or boots drop. I'm pretty sure she got the 6 other pieces within the first 20 missions. T3 seems genuinely rare recently. (And T2 Raid drops feel just as rare for the last couple weeks as well.)
  9. Yorag Journeyman

I can definitely attest to the fact that the Gallant pieces just aren't dropping. We have killed 27 named mobs in the last 24 hours and only two Gallant Armor Linings have dropped. Both were wrist pieces.
    At this rate it WILL take until the next expansion to get all my visible slots filled.
  10. DruidCT Augur

Yeah its not dropping much. My static group has completed all group content (mercenary, partisian, missions, hunters, collections and enough extra named to get all spell drops) and we got enough T3 drops to gear up the tank fully and about half of another set. Thats a LOT of play time. Everyone else in the group has gotten multiple sets of T1 and T2 gear (not just visibles, I mean all gear pieces). Frankly only the tank really mattered anyway, but still.
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

alot for sell on fv so cant be that rare.
  12. Flatchy Court Jester

Well when you have the whole server to go kill for that sample....