I want a normal loot server but where you don't have to level. You just always are max level and AA.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Montag, Mar 11, 2024.

1. Montag Augur

A server where you just autolevel and AA to whatever the current cap always is would mean a lot of people who cant otherwise play due to time, could.

Alternatively they could just make it like 50x exp.

Players can focus on raiding, or questing, or achievements, or plat farming, or group gear farming, whatever. You know, all the stuff we want to get back to after we're done grinding after every cap increase.
  2. Basak Augur

That goes against the joy of leveling.
  3. Zansobar Augur

You can make your own private server since some are open sourced now. That's about the only way a server like this will see the light of day.
  4. Montag Augur

Why?
  5. Azzlann Elder

Interesting, it will never happen but I wonder how that would shake out.
  6. Kahna Augur

7. NoxiousGrizzle Also post as Slik, Noxious, or Bart

it all depends on where the server starts at. if it starts in classic, most people play classic for the fun level grind in unrest, guk, and sol a. if it starts in a later xpac it may be more viable.
  8. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

While I wouldn't want instant levels I do want like 4x exp - the standard rate for all TLP should be = to the 100% bonus holidays or the Selos exp rates.

The leveling speeds are the single largest barrier to entry to for people with kids. It should be resolved for the 25th and remove that barrier with much faster rates. Those people will still buy potions to make it even faster. In fact, unlock the 50% potions right away stop gating them to PoP or Luclin whatever it is.
  9. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

Full stop. People play classic to get easy krono from the suckers who don't camp the good mobs. It ain't played for the joy of classic.
  10. Basak Augur

I play for the joy of Classic. I will often Classic on TLP then in Kunark go back to my server.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That one is different in a key aspect as while you do start out at level 90 and with level 90 gear your level and gear also scales to the level of content you are playing. Not to mention the gear you have is special to the server and there are drops that you can get from playing in different areas to upgrade the gear and make it more powerful as it scales based on content.

Compare that to EQ when you would be able to skip a lot of content from not having to level at all.
  12. Azzlann Elder

13. Dre. Altoholic

There was that 51/50 server for awhile.
  14. Larsen Augur

I would not play on such a server.

I have spoken!!
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  15. Gheed Is not reading your response

I would also like to see this.

Maybe they can also add a template where you just choose which gear you want to put on without actually needing to loot it. We could also just teleport to any zone or mob that we want because who the heck wants to deal with the time sink of traveling?

The raid mobs are also a bit too tough so I am thinking they make all MoTM mobs soloable by a warrior with potions. To top it off I think we make every single zone able to be instanced so we don't have to deal with the inconvenience of other players.

Lets get back to what this game is all about!
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

No need to make this into a slippery slope where you get everything without doing anything. They already have ways to skip some of the leveling process.
  17. Gheed Is not reading your response

Your deduction skills are top notch, as always.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

No one is requesting to get all the loot they want or travel anywhere in the game with ease. It is just a request to reduce the amount of work needed to get to the point where you can do the top end content.
  19. Kahna Augur

Pretty sure the EQ2 server did make raid mobs soloable. It was about exploring the content and lore and gathering achievements. Some folks like doing things in "creative mode". They enjoy different things about the game than you. A single server doing things differently, even drastically differently, than what you enjoy isn't the end of the world.
  20. Arclyte Augur

Yea and some people eat at mcdonalds every day

doesn't mean its a good decision
    Gheed likes this.