Necro AA: Lifeburn - DoT portion overwritten by other necros

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Silu, Feb 22, 2024.

1. Marton Augur

I was just about to post this.
  2. fransisco Augur

3. Act of Valor The Newest Member

There wasn't anything disrespectful or abusive in their comment. It wasn't a positive remark, but it was civil.
  4. fransisco Augur

Hmm... maybe my mind is playing tricks on me. I thought you said it was "horrible customer service". Apologies for mis-reading
  5. kizant Augur

None of these abilities should be able to be spammed. Ideally, it would reset the AA instead of having you waste one. Which is the exact reason for the Mana Burn debuff even if it's not particularly useful at the moment.
    Szilent and Syylke_EMarr like this.
  6. menown Augur

I would welcome a reset of the AA. However, I would prefer the DoT to stack. One difference to consider between Life burn and Mana burn in a raid setting is how long the debuff lasts. Mana burn's debuff disappears in less than 10 seconds whereas Lifeburn Recourse lasts over a minute. The raids this year are short and this can create tension between the necros in the raid.
  7. Marton Augur

You phrase it so diplomatically :D. I like you.

Edit: If Ngreth is going to look at Lifeburn, I would also prefer DoT to stack.
    fransisco likes this.
  8. kizant Augur

Right, I did say Mana Burn's debuff isn't particular useful at the moment. It should be fixed. My recommendation was to remove the extra damage it adds and the 500 hit counter entirely. We don't need that aspect at all.
  9. Lilfella Elder

Are the only arguments against fixing this related to manaburn?
  10. kizant Augur

It has zero to do with Mana Burn. They just don't want you to be able to spam such a strong ability on a single target. The only reason Mana Burn came up is because it has a small improvement over Life Burn in that it resets the AA when another Mana Burn is already on the target. So, that you don't accidentally waste it. You should probably ask for something similar because it's the best you're going to get.
    FYAD likes this.
  11. Bilderov Augur

Most of the dev responses remind me of the little windows in the castle doors. They slide open, a face appears and says, “working as intended” and then slams shut just as quick!
    Zaray and Tatanka like this.
  12. fransisco Augur

how common is it for necros to coordinate who will lifeburn when?
  13. menown Augur

We are trying to coordinate, but many short events don't really allow for every necro to lifeburn wtihout overlapping and losing a large portion of the AAs damage. I assume many necros in other guilds don't even try to coordinate, thus losing damage. I would be interested to hear what they are doing.
    fransisco likes this.