Encounter Locking in 2024

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by AzzlannOG, Mar 5, 2024.

1. xxar Augur

Without active GM's and guides , FTE imo is the next logical step for what was the initial concept.
  2. Kahna Augur

Dude... My post literally linked to the webpage from 2004 that had the no KSing rule (AKA FTE) spelled out for you.
    Ddezul likes this.
  3. CdeezNotes Augur

Why are you so confidentially wrong? They defend themselves based on aggro and dps has literally jack squat to do with a player doing the most dps. Maybe this was pseudo "fact" in 1999 when people weren't smart, but it's just factually not true. How is a warrior holding aggro on a mob while being able to do 0 damage? An SKs terrors are pure aggro. No damage. Point immediately proven incorrect knowing that. Period.
  4. Azzlann Elder

Lockjaw was kind of a dumpster fire in someways. There was a lot of DPS racing.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  5. Ddezul Augur

lol no
    Just no.

Tell me you never played EQ before TLPs without telling me you never played EQ before TLPs.
  6. Azzlann Elder

I've played EQ as long or longer then the rest of us here. Do you just follow me around the forums to insult me or do you care about FTE at all. You never seem to have any actual arguments just insults, or comments about how long I've done something even though you have no idea who I even am. I've laid out my arguments for OW mobs to be exempt, and a way around spamming yell. Why are those bad ideas?
  7. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

TLPs that released during very unpopular periods of WoW's expansions strongly correlated to this. When WoW was sucking it, many more came to EQ / returned to EQ and brought WoWs engagement tactics with them. The servers with the higher percentage of EQ lifers have always been a different place and on some levels still are to this day. Not a knock on WoW, but the idea of camps just was never the same thing as it was to players who lived through 1999 EQ rules, such as /consnt playername gave LOOT RIGHTS and actual GMs were live in game and ready for your /tell

hahahahahahaha

/who all GM 2024

/who all GM has been irrelevant since 2004 but is still in the default UI

Go figure.
    OldTimeEQ1 and Azzlann like this.
  8. Ddezul Augur

Nah man i havent posted for many days and happened to notice you're in literally every FTE thread fighting your fight.

PNP was absolutely enforced up until about GoD release from my memory. . That you don't recall that is on you if you indeed played as long as you say.

Good luck to OG on getting your non-FTE , droppable loot krono pinata!
  9. Ilshade Augur

This is your opinion, but having played the full 4 expacs on that server and having no player issues or game issue during my stay it is hard for me to take your opinion serious sorry
  10. Kahna Augur

Lemme see. A: Listen to the opinion of a guy who dabbled on the server in order to prove to himself how bad it was.

or B: Listen to the opinion of a person who has played there regularly for almost a year.

Hmmmmm, that's a tough call.
  11. fransisco Augur

Raise your hand if you love getting KS'd.
    Oh wait. Now raise your hand if you just wanna be able to KS other people....
    Laronk likes this.
  12. HelpMeLearn New Member

Back on Fippy I received a warning on my account because I watched a 12 man group wipe to Talendor at a very very low %. After they wiped Talendor started running/pathing back so I engaged and killed him. The guys petitioned and 1 of my accounts received a warning.

This was back when there was still a CSR phone number, which I called and was unable to explain to the gentleman that I did not in fact kill steal. And merely engaged a mob that was fleeing after a group wiped. They never removed that warning.
  13. Tuco Augur

I probably won't play on this TLP because I'm expecting the ruleset won't make TLPs difficult enough to be interesting. But I hope it has FTE and is very popular with competitive players and guilds just to stress the system.

Right now it seems that FTE on Oakwynd significantly reduced contention around claiming mobs, but it could be because nobody is really that competitive on such a casual server. The tools for competing for mobs on FTE are so gross compared to simply out-damaging players, so we'll see what happens when a competitive server has FTE.
    25thAnniBaby likes this.
  14. AzzlannOG Elder

Just wanted to say we win, thanks to anyone who didn't support FTE on all servers!
    25thAnniBaby and Celatusp99 like this.
  15. 25thAnniBaby Lorekeeper

Praise the lord!
    FTE is dumpster trash
    AzzlannOG and Celatusp99 like this.
  16. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Because I know I'm 100% right before I speak. Then when I'm bored of it I just wait for the devs to prove me right.

Works every time.
    Yinla and AzzlannOG like this.
  17. CdeezNotes Augur

You weren't though? Nice try.

You literally explained aggro mechanics completely and totally wrong. I guess living in denial works every time. Can't be wrong when you stick your head in the sand and have no idea what's going on.
  18. AzzlannOG Elder

You know who definitely wasn't right. Everyone who said that FTE would be on every server moving forward with no evidence.
    Celatusp99 and 25thAnniBaby like this.
  19. Tyranthraxus Grognard

20. CdeezNotes Augur

Which wasn't what I replied to him about. I couldn't care if FTE is on every server or not.

What does FTE have to do with what he originally said, what I originally said, and how he replied? Read the comments. He explained aggro mechanics wrong. I corrected him. Done. But then again people are allergic to reading and context.