New Tlp servers. Link?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by psybob, Mar 11, 2024.

1. psybob Journeyman

Coming back after a couple years, wondering if they announced the new servers yet. If so could i get a link to the site. If no site what do you know about the servers? Thank you in advance if you can help.
  2. Fizon Augur

Nothing officially announced yet. Only that they are bringing back a popular ruleset. Most people think this indicates a Mischief clone of some kind. And some calendar entries on the test server that hint at kunark launch.
  3. psybob Journeyman

Still a may release? im seeing people say May 20.
  4. Zansobar Augur

They have routinely been releasing new TLP servers on the Wednesday the week before Memorial Day weekend. Maybe that won't hold this year but it has for several years.
  5. Doezit Lorekeeper

Details of the new TLP server are usually released after the monthly update, so April 17. Server release mid May.
  6. Everhaste33 New Member

Oakwynd details were posted on April 5th last year, so hopefully we don't have a full month before we get some details. :)
  7. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

Last week of March or first week of April with the April newsletter is the typical announcement.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  8. jeskola pheerie

Release date: wed 5/22

Server number: 2
    Projected rulesets: mischief clones
    Adjustments: one with Truebox one without
    Oakwynd rule application: unknown
    spiff likes this.
  9. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

10. Intercept Augur

Nope
  11. Elabone Augur

I mean I think 99% of the people invested in and or knowledgeable about TLPS are pretty sure there's going to be some form of Mischief ruleset. Definitely FV loot, at the VERY least extra loot if not completely randomized again.

When JChan states were bringing back our most popular rulesets... mischief is large and away the most popular and most successful server they ever created.
  12. GnomeGnomeGnome Elder

No one knows anything yet. Any claims made, including calendar entries, are clearly fake. Probably announced in April, and released in May. That is all we know. Even though they say it will be popular rules, that can mean anything.
  13. Intercept Augur

Free trade is very possible, maybe likely. 3x random loot is a huge no from many
  14. Elabone Augur

I mean i dont really see the uproar surrounding random loot. I see lots of uproar around FTE, but really none about random loot.

I think they will modify it (at least i hope) to provide Normal loot from the mob +random loot from others in the pool. I think the biggest issue with Mischief was the difficulty in farming something specific if you needed it.

And free trade is 100% happening. I will literally delete every account i have if it does, thats how sure i am that its going to be in place lol.
  15. Veteranplayer Apprentice

That mindset that wants to limit loot is super lame.. it only benefits the permanently online people, and they will max bis anyway with or without bonus. Having bonus loot makes small less hardcore guilds alot more doable, and makes grouping fun to see extra bonuses. Why do you want to limit loot? Because you "feel" less cool?
    Barton-Vox likes this.
  16. Basak Augur

They were removed from the calendar, no reason to assume it is fake though. It could have just been put in wrong/accidentally.
  17. GnomeGnomeGnome Elder

Maybe you are right, I don't know.
    But it seems strange to celebrate 25 years since release by not releasing classic.
    Looks fake to me.
  18. Basak Augur

So you think daybreak put up a fake calendar?
  19. Barton-Vox Fizzlethorpe Rules !!

doesn't even have to be fake could have just been someone made a typo and put in the wrong month which iirc would make it a 4 week classic launch and Kunark launches on June 20th which would be a thurs
  20. Basak Augur

Yeah I know. My question was about how it was being an obvious fake.