I see the issue of being too dark has been marked as 'not a bug'

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by JulieMay64, Mar 11, 2024.

1. JulieMay64 New Member

I see the issue of being too dark has been marked as 'not a bug'. OK, so you did this on purpose. I saw your comment within the thread. I haven't played since you did this. I logged back on today to see if it's fixed - it's not. I tried adjusting my nvidia driver setting, my brightness, my contrast, etc etc all the tips and tricks - but you know what - that made everything else on my device not usable. So, you're making me make the choice - Everquest, or everything else. I'll be cancelling my subscription. I'll check back in the future to see if you've fixed this. Until then - this fully paid subscriber (and my whole family) are gone.
    Skyzul, NyteShayd, Kialya and 5 others like this.
  2. Hegsheoshed Augur

I am getting mixed results. Looking in bank slots I used to be able to see the Drakkel wolf whisker since it had a noticeable outline before. Now there are 3 items that are impossible to see while in the bank and these are my darkness meter of sorts. Drakkel wolf whisker, Reticent Gar and I think the Ebon Wizard Hat Ornament. Even with Advanced Lighting checked to be on these items are hard to see. I absolutely loathe the brightness from Advanced Lighting that comes from the walls indoors. Enable Post Effects gives me bluer skies, I like and use this one.

Things just need adjusting using the 3 mentioned items as a gauge. They need to show and be as visible as the Paragon's Mantle of the Adept or a Hood of Hidden Intentions which I imagine would make these two items even more visible.
  3. Angahran Augur

Apparently the 'fix' is to crank your monitor up to eye watering gamma levels, that are unuseable in anything BUT EQ and maybe you'll be able to see better than a newbie barbarian in blackburrow.
    Sunawar likes this.
  4. Keuamie New Member

yeah i got a sword that has an almost pure black icon and i keep putting items in its slot. luckily its no trade so i wouldn't drop it by accident. i figured it was just my computer.
  5. Scila Augur

Not a bug ... working as intended ... pass the buck ... what I don't understand is how other games have no problems and DB can't. Spaghetti code, Microsoft doesn't allow it aside, other games get it right.
    Herf likes this.
  6. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

What I can't figure out is this HD look on ornaments (visable armor) in certain zones. The HD look is fantastic but it goes back to normal bleached look in other zones.

It is almost as like the game is trying to trigger Nvidia to turn on, but not always sucessful.
    I think it comes down to DB not willing to pay Nvidia to make an update for EQ. ( I am 100% Guessing here!! ) ... but this makes sense to me.
    Graphics kick in correctly, then they don't kick in correctly.. Graphics kick in .. in HD.. then they don't kick in in HD...

Then we have npc's that don't dress when you look at them.. no idea if that is fixed in today's patch.. Back up your files before logging intoday.. memory.in is one.
  7. Aeromen Master Looter

I have the same issue on my primary laptop with an nVidia card, (some icons are black, some zones too hard to see) but my other laptops with Intel cards are fine. Perhaps the dev's have stock in Intel ;)
    Igorath-Bertox likes this.
  8. Kialya Keeping your butt alive since 2002

Ditto. Pal'Lomen is especially bad. I have to crank up my monitor to eye-bleeding brightness to see in that zone :(