Does the neck drop anymore?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Mar 10, 2024.

1. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

In mission Final Fugue.
  2. Zeelot Elder

Yeah. I see it all the time
    Veteran_BetaTester and Fenthen like this.
  3. Jlail New Member

I have not seen one drop in almost two months.
  4. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

LOL
  5. Sam Hyde "You're" on ignore

Do you run the mission a lot?
    I got my 4 necks for my boxes, 2 for my RL friend who runs it with me, and have now seen 7 rots. I would guess our droprate is roughly 1 in 12. We just finished hunter and our necks are fully evolved up to the 17k base hp mana group version, before raid requirements.

Is this expansion hard?
  6. Wulerdar Gnome Slayer

once you spend a long time and finally get an item you want it will drop constantly
    fransisco likes this.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

We went dozens of missions inbetween neck drops. Then, we decided to start disarming the chest before opening it. Suddenly, we were getting necks like every other run. Once, the chest had 3 traps on it.

I'm not saying there's a direct correlation, but it is odd that a mission chest would be trapped at all.
  8. Svann2 The Magnificent

necks rot
    Fenthen likes this.
  9. alanus Augur

I haven't seen one in FF for some time but I saw some in HAF last week
  10. Ozon Augur

Disarmed both chests, got one on FF last night.
  11. Smokezz The Bane Crew

The chest is trapped and has an anti camp radius. Disarm it and open it with arrows/ranged DPS!
    Celephane and Fenthen like this.
  12. Fenthen aka Rath

But only if it's between 12pm and 11pm game time, and you need to do it from the western side of the chest only.
  13. Iuwene Augur

And don't forget to sacrify a gnome before !
    Nennius likes this.
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

And don't forget the incantation you have to recite. "!kcus sgnilflaH"
  15. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Hmm, Dwarf count?
  16. Nennius Curmudgeon

Only in leap years. What? Nooooooooooooooooo
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  17. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Jinx right?
    Disarm chest..
    Can't shoot it with a bow.
    See loot in window, chest vanishes.. loot is there, can't grab or give to anyone.
  18. Lilfella Elder

19. Spacemonkey555 Augur

Looks like the EG7 devs are busy importing the "chest blessing" code from DDO (also an EG7 game). There are 4 different pay to win items in the DDO store to improve your chest loot, and then you can pay to reroll each chest 3x (for 4 chances) each time you run a mission. Why do the mission 300 times when you can just pay $100 and do the mission 30 times instead? Win/win for EG7, less server load and more revenue.
  20. Taktek! New Member

I lost count but finally got a neck after what seems to be around 150 missions.
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.