Today is the day!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Feb 28, 2024.

1. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Hat and swards
    [IMG]
    Fenthen, Knifen and Silvena like this.
  2. Lejaun Augur

A Fippy head ornament. When do we get our ogre-skull helmets and Vah-Shir caps?
  3. Bigstomp Augur

It seems pretty expensive for:
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

5. Nuttmeg Augur

You all haven't seen the price for the after-party, have you?

"100 billion dollars" -Dr. Evil. Austin Powers
    Iven, Metanis and Jack like this.
  6. Nightmares Augur

Devs,
    You need to give us more information: on the venue, the schedule, what's included, what are limitation, Exactly how long the Event will be each day(again... Schedule).
    I have also lived in San Diego when i was stationed there and know Plenty of Venues that you could go to to hold this.
    With that said, the Pricing... For everything you've said and what people have said here on this thread. Honestly you could offer more tickets, getting in a few hotels and restaurants to work with you. With all expenses, you'd still make a very nice profit for the shareholders and upper management's bonuses at $750. If you got a Hotel with a Restaurant to host it as a combo... I COULD possibly see the price tag going close to the stated $1500... IF it included all meals and Hotel stay.
    Right now, as is... This is in no way a celebration for the EQ community, for having been loyal for so long. This isn't even a cash grab. This is way worse. I am not trying to be a negative voice here. This is purely constructive criticism with examples; along with that, an honest appeal to those that constantly tell the community they care about not only the game, but us the community, to give more information. An effort to better weigh the cost of purchase w/ benefits and value.
    Angeliana and Fenthen like this.
  7. Risiko Augur

I've been to three Fan Faires and one private Fan Faire (the year after they cancelled all Fan Faires) that our guild put together in Las Vegas. The Fan Faires were so much fun.

I will not be spending $1500 to go to Fippy Fest. Can I afford it? I absolutely can, but there is no way I will sped that much money on a very, very scaled down Fan Faire.

In the past, I easily spent more than $1500 on attending Fan Faires in Las Vegas, but that included my flight, hotel, rental car, food, and gambling.

This is a very bad way to bring back Fan Faires. It just feels so wrong.
  8. Fintank Augur

Still awaiting an answer on why EQ2 players get to enjoy their large purchase mounts and illusions on multiple characters/servers and we are only allowed 1.