How to lose the hard to lose players of EQ

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, Mar 10, 2024.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

First lets take exp off mobs that folks have enjoyed farming for exp for years.

Now replace that with exp off of missions but keep modeling those missions off of raids. The same missions played by the players who don't want to raid.

Now add a bland mini game called overseer with zero fun in it as a way to get exp.

Next start nerfing the exp on the missions without replacing it with exp off of mobs.

Obviously everyone will play the boring non fun game overseer to get all their exp. EXCEPT returning players who will get fed up having to play a min game with nothing to do with the gaming in EQ and end up quitting again. OR they never hear about Overseer and end up with the same result of quitting.

Now EQ isn't going anywhere soon but that is in spite of Daybreak not because of it. If they want to keep exp on missions though based on their actions they are rethinking that maybe they should put the exp back on mobs.

When you have a population of players as sticky as EQ players messing with one of the core parts which is getting exp to level is just dumb.

Everytime an a new expansions comes out the previous expansions exp per mob should be going up if you are going to keep big exp on missions.

And enough with the stealth nerfs be big boys and post them as they occur or here is a crazy thought do it before hand and let the players know and have input.

Another theory is Daybreak is trying to push as many as possible into the TLPs to avoid all the changes they are making on Live (at least till a TLP catches up to Live).

I am just getting tired of all this crap.
    Sanduleak, Montag, Cidran and 31 others like this.
  2. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

You’re still here. You’re not leaving, and the rest like you aren’t quitting.

The game has always been broken, badly designed, and full of errors. Yet, through all of this you’re still here. If you want change, you and your fellow guild mates and other guild leaders need to cancel your subscriptions.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I am very close to it. Instead of quiting I just dont play much at all. A win for them I guess. And I am a guy who would still have his ultima account going if I hadn't logged in a day late and let all my houses in the game decay.

The only reason I am still around is the people in the game and the fact I have five lifetime accounts and and if my kronos run out I can let the others go FTP. I won't pay out cash for subs anymore. I enjoyed grinding exp and Daybreak is against that now. So I haven't been giving them money for sub for a few years now.
    Mesc, Sanduleak, Montag and 4 others like this.
  4. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

All just words, you have to actually back up your actions. All you’ve shown is that no matter is done, you’ll always accept it and embrace it. You’re one of the more valuable players in the game by having such a large community.

Nothing is going to change. They always say they’ll communicate more, but never do. All the while you have people buying the whale package for the Fippy Events.
    code-zero likes this.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Ummm this is a forum we only have words here :). What are you doing?

And I look at it this way once you stop playing you no longer have a right to about things. Unless you have skin in the game it means nothing.

And if I was more engaged and happy with the game I would be saving most of my krono for buying things like chase loot instead of paying for subs.

I know one thing though if I let my non lifetime accounts go FTP I wont be that daybreak should give more benefits to FTP.

And the thing is as sad as I am about some EQ things I still know others love playing still. I wont encourage anyone to stop subbing that has to be their decision alone or at least that is how I feel about it.

I think the fact I bought five lifetime accounts shows I was very gung ho about EQ at one point. They keep chipping away at that though.
  6. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

That's poor way to think about it. Money > words. If you keep giving them money, then they're not going to accept anything is wrong.

Retail WoW hit that wall like 2 years ago.

You have a much larger influence, and I'd like to see you back up your own words with actions. Just quit, and get your guild to quit and some other casual guilds to follow. Make a real statement.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

It does not matter what any one does right now. Anniversary is next week and there is always a huge influx of players back into the game just for that. And this is a big one.They will base all their reports to the powers that be on this time period. And they will kick in the swag shop, the not really comic cons, etc. to "pump it up"

So the fact that I now only play maybe 3 hours a week whereas I used to play over 60 has no meaning to them. Nor the fact that I cancelled my paying subs, except for the lifetime ones. I can still play Silver if I wish.

They lost me over not fixing the black dark zones like Demi plane of Decay, adding those grey loading textures while giving stuttering and freezing when there was none before, florescent tints, etc
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

What part of he has lifetime subs didn't you understand?

Engage your brain.
  9. Tyranthraxus Grognard

Great post Cor, would be nice if devs used players like you to bounce ideas off of instead of certain others.

Kush, your posts come off more like you have a personal axe to grind than constructive.
  10. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

How's it stop him from quitting or using Krono?

EQ players have already cycled this same situation over and over. If you don't quit, then there's no breaking the cycle.

Corwhyn leads one of the largest guilds, and has more weight than someone like me that just cycles in seasonally, regardless of content quality.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Sadly we are not as large as we once were and I would never suggest my players stop playing in protest so not sure what that gets you. Daybreak won't listen regardless of what anyone does. And they share zero of their rationales for anything they do. We are always left guessing why on everything which I guess is how it is with most long term games? I dont play any other long lasting MMO. Well I dont play any other MMOs.

If I stop playing EQ I no longer have the a say in complaining. We never have a say on the game itself thats all on Jchan as to how she complies with any directives from above.
    Montag, Joules_Bianchi and Rijacki like this.
  12. Tyranthraxus Grognard

I get where your coming from, truly. Just the way you harp on tryin to get Cor to quit and pressure his guild to as well, sounded personal, I probably missed the mark there.

I get where your coming from, it really feels like the current stewards of the game have no clue what the players want and are damaging it at every turn. Ceasing the money flow is a direct way to make a change. But I doubt the change would be a positive one, and expect rather it would just hasten the death of the game.

So we are left with trying to get through to them by other means, if we want the game to continue. Alot of people have already quit or gone FTP. I don't think any method of voicing our displeasure is a bad one. Keep the pressure on from all angles.

(except maybe mine, I use trolling and sarcasm and get my posts removed and forum warned, doubt those notes ever get to their intended targets)
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Why stop playing something you have already paid for? That is only hurting yourself. They aren't getting anymore money from him that is the only way he can fight back. Quitting means nothing on Lifetime accounts.
  14. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Well, you've deemed your cause lost already. So either resign yourself to the status quo or look elsewhere for community.

Thanks for understanding what I'm saying. It's harsh but true that for the change to happen, there needs to be some sort of pain port for DPG to listen.

Cor has solid ideas, and a great perspective of the variety players that hit EQ and what their joys and frustrations are. If he and other casual guild leaders decide to quit, then that resonate with the leadership.

He indirectly drives a significant amount of engagement by providing community to the players on his server. He's the type of player that helps to build a strong net that served to catch many of us, because we enjoyed the friends, guildmates and community of the game.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  15. CdeezNotes Augur

Isn't it better as an informal community leader (GL of large casual playerbase) to be vocal and try to fight for change than just quit and disappear. How are they going to know what they are doing wrong if he just leaves? It solves nothing.

Speaking out and informing the company what they're doing wrong and providing data is the best way of changing the status quo.
  16. FYAD Augur

IDK why some of you keep complaining about xp only existing on missions when there is probably MORE xp on mercenary and partisan tasks, that boil down to... *gasp* killing mobs in static zones! Ya know, that thing that was so precious to you that you claim they took away. But you'll have to get out of Frontier Mountains and Great Divide and actually go explore other zones in a group of maybe 2 or 3 players. XP is super dang easy in the current era expansions, but you have to show at least an ounce of effort and go out and team up with others to explore the content.
    Rexa, Covennx, Szilent and 2 others like this.
  17. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

It hasn't worked in regards to the XP issue in the past 5 years. Why would it work now?
  18. CdeezNotes Augur

It took clerics 10 years to get shaman squall nerfed. Look how many years it took AOCs to get put on live or a FT tlp. Just gotta keep on keeping on.
    DeadRagarr likes this.
  19. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I'll say it slowly, so's you can understand.

If he quits, but there's no sub to cancel, how does that send a message to DPG?

What he's doing here (complaining on the forums) is what he should be doing.
    Montag, Joules_Bianchi, Mesc and 6 others like this.
  20. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

From his own words, not only does he have lifetime accounts but he also consumes Krono for other accounts:

He's also a guild leader, so if he quits then that cascades to other cancellations. He's connection point to alot of other players, more so than others including myself.