Tormax and Teek servers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by jeskola, Mar 5, 2024.

1. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Honestly don't know. They put in the work to make the random tables so I am sure it will be used again, but whether it will be this year or next I wouldn't want to bet on.
  2. Moardots Lorekeeper

I'm pretty sure all 7 hardcore anti FTE ruleset people are posting in this thread. It's not that bad and in DBG's book it's a massive W. I'd bet money its active on every TLP released from this point forward. Acting like there's some massive group of players that won't play strictly cause of FTE is laughable at best.

/cue "there are dozens of us" meme
    Barton-Vox, Bobbybick and Shalom like this.
  3. dwiguslowater Journeyman

If they put out two servers with kunark unlocked at launch, mischief ruleset, and one truebox one rizlona style boxing I think they'd absolutely knock it out of the park. It'd give everyone what they haven't got in a few years plus a fresh twist with the kunark launch :)
    spiff and jeskola like this.
  4. Serona Elder

The only thing that matters is make one of these no truebox, let the players play!
    spiff likes this.
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I'd rather have random+bonus loot over free trade loot tbh. Free Trade feels like it invalidates large chunks of itemization in the game and makes most all group gear irrelevant after like Luclin because you can buy raid gear that is better than the best group gear for basically nothing as long as you go back a couple expansions. The only thing named dropped that was worth picking up by around Omens were Augs and the rest was relegated to "if i put this on my trader I MIGHT get 5p in exchange for a bag slot".
  6. Kahna Augur

Yeah, but let's be honest, most people raid these days. Most people are wearing all raid gear by Luclin and group gear is worthless beyond that on every server. Free trade significantly cuts down on the time it takes to get caught up, especially the longer a server keeps on going. People are more likely to actually come back after real life makes them take a break when they can catch up easily. That is the real key to Mischief (and FV's) success.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  7. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Absolutely a true point and one that I took advantage of when I tried to come back to Mischief twice (in TBS and SoD), but it just made me feel very little attachment to my character.

I had a blast killing named from level 1-50 and seeing what weird stuff was going to drop, leaving Rahotep with an assortment of stuff that I would normally never see was awesome. But hitting the raid game and every drop becomes "how many krono is this worth" just felt lame and not really in the spirit of character progression when I could choose to just buy it instead of "earning" it.
  8. Kahna Augur

I dunno, I guess gear has always just been meh to me. Yeah you need it, but getting the gear has always been the easiest part of character development, even on non-freetrade servers. Getting the AA's, the slayers, the player skill, and the myriad of other things that actually make you a well rounded character are fun part. I have seen people who struggle to fog a mirror outfit their characters in good gear just by being a warm body at a raid. I suppose it helps that I am stingy. I won't ever toss more than 100kpp at outfitting a new/returning character, which gets me an armor set that will keep me from getting one shot while I get caught up in levels, but I still have a lot of work to do.
  9. 25AnniONLY New Member

You would be surprised how many people hated it and played it because it was the only option available.

FTE broke a key component to why many people enjoyed classic EQ which was the competition factor, now it is a casual playground which enables anyone to get what they want from a top tier player camping a target just because they got a "tag" first.
    While people can say it helped with certain things in game, I found that it was entirely more annoying but then again I never had issues competing against people to get what I wanted. (you win some you lose some but you never had 0 chance once it was engaged)

PLing was annoying dealing with FTE (named especially)
    AEing was annoying (100000s of yells and named)

Ssra on Oakwynd was god awful having people running through the entire zone or pet tagging named from another floor and dragging it to the zone in just to have it still engaged to that group while everything else leashed.
    OldTimeEQ1, Tyranthraxus and jeskola like this.
  10. CdeezNotes Augur

If the names indicate anything at all, Teek would have some sort of evolving ruleset which is cool.

Random loot I'd fine. FT group gear is fine. Leave raid gear Heirloom at most. FT raid gear feels cheap
    Piznut, Bobbybick and SnapVine like this.
  11. NImxat Elder

So on Teek, hot zones that change periodically?
  12. Riler Devour New Member

I play EQ to 6-box a crew using 6 PCs configured in a U shape around me. I love buying loot for my 6 toons while raiding on 2-6 of them. So for me:

Free Trade so I can buy lots of things for my crew.
    Random Loot so lots of people can sell me lots of things.
    Kunark start so we can all spread out a bit more.
    FTE doesn't concern me one way or the other.
    Normal unlock schedule, but start LDoN a bit sooner during PoP.
    Evolving rules that are clearly in place to help most in the newest expansion.

I would re-sub 6 accounts from day 1 and love it.
  13. 25AnniONLY New Member

LDoN at PoP launch would be ideal.
    OldTimeEQ1, Appren and Skwisgaar like this.
  14. Riler Devour New Member

I could get on board with that. Give folks another leveling path to 65.

Great idea. Anything to get rid of the PoP fatigue that starts killing TLP servers. However, I do think that's a bit too much raid content unleashed all at once.
    Skwisgaar likes this.
  15. Shalom Quillmane Bane

F that top tier player is what I have to say. Now they get to feel what its like to lose for once! FTE all the way baby :)

And that "top tier player" is not getting what they need and leaving. They sit there ALL day and possibly ALL weekend so they can SELL you that item.

Also a server THRIVES due to what you "top tier" players would call "casuals". FTE IS FOR CASUAL players and if you push them out guess what my friend? The server is dead and you'll have no one to even sell anything to.
  16. WeCameWeConquered Elder

The natural state of the game is free trade. Every server that isn't is a mistake.
    wade_watts likes this.
  17. Larsen Augur

I'm so not into the whole "level cap limited to x for y weeks" and whatnot, nor the "level requirement of blabla reduced by x so that every aspect of the entire game changes completely."

Noooo thanks. Give me the actual game and then add something on top that might be interesting. Don't change the fundamental way that EQ is played. Vaniki wasn't exactly a smashing success that drew a crowd.

Same goes for the "AoC lockout timers are longer" nonsense. No TLP should ever have a ruleset that makes the game worse for anybody. Not all players are interested in competing for open world raid targets. A server with this rule will be strictly worse than a generic no-ruleset server for literally every player who is not part of a guild that has any chance of competing for OW raid targets.

TL;DR: No TLP ruleset must ever be worse than nothing for entire segments of the playerbase.
    Appren and Tyranthraxus like this.
  18. Doezit Lorekeeper

I think the consensus is that post listing these features was trolling. Otherwise, I agree with you.
  19. Level 4 Druid New Member

Agree with you on the absurd random level caps people were talking about (25, etc.) being a non-starter, but if it is a Kunark start the one exception I’d actually find really intriguing would be a 4-week level 50 cap to start. Keeps the planes/Naggy/Vox as relevant for a limited time, makes a lot of Kunark group content very interesting for those who want to challenge themselves on it for the best gear, and makes targets like VS/Faydedar intriguing for alternative raids options (or Trak of you wanna try with a zerg force, etc.). I think that’d actually be a lot of fun without straying too far from the original experience while helping Classic end game content stay relevant.
  20. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

12 weeks of Kunark is like server suicide. Has to be classic/Kunark combo.

Unless they do a surprise launch this week to kick off the 25th anniversary! Then i'm cool with the extended times cause it means we can start right meow.