The FTE conundrum

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Slik, Mar 6, 2024.

1. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

You are kind of a know-it-all expert aren't you, for someone who didnt post for almost 10 months on these forums? Pretty impressed (I am serious) with your insightful analysis which ignore that that duo might be camping a non-static named which can spawn in more than one location (like the CoS mob ) and promptly accuse them of making up stories.
  2. Tyranthraxus Grognard

No it doesn't stop someone using eyes from beating you to your mob. Neither does FTE, the difference is with FTE you have no chance to fight to keep it. If your just finishing off the mob before the named in your spawn cycle, the named will pop while your still engaged so you can't be standing there waiting to spam taunt. Botters are lazy, they aren't generally on top of you with a 6 box dps racing. It does happen, but it's far less likely than a quick taunt and pull to their camp across the zone.

If they are warping in their full force, you aren't winning that either way, FTE or no FTE. Thats when you report.

JChann's response in Fading's video about FTE seems mostly focused on the "trains aspect of the game". Thats been a core difficulty feature forever, malicious trains have always been bannable and are extremely rare. Incidently, they are one of the only tools that existed to combat bots, that tool is gone with FTE as well.

I'm a competative guy, I would much rather lose a DPS race and be pissed off about it, than never have had the chance to fight. That being said, as I've said in other threads, I will play even if it's FTE. Actually playing with it, it feels more PVP oriented, every named is a race to tag. Farming silk, tag every spider and kill them only when you can't handle another. I feel it incentivizes that kind of toxic play, I think it's bad for the game. But if the rules create that kind of competition, I enjoy a good race. It just doesn't feel like EQ anymore, it's lost something from a cooperative perspective. I don't have to interact with you and share the mobs, I can just beat you to them with an arrow.
    Yinla and MaestroM like this.
  3. MaestroM Augur

I actually really like FTE for spiders. One of the areas where you'll just never win a DPS race is when you're a low level character farming something to sell (like spider silks). FTE means I can sit in one area and grab all the spiders near me without having to worry about someone coming over and one shotting them while I'm killing them slowly.
  4. xxar Augur

I mean that poor warrior can engage a mob without someone just nuking and stealing there kill ?!?!!? Whoa , that's so unfair to the wizards out there :p
  5. Tyranthraxus Grognard

Can engage half the mobs in the zone actually, go back to stroking Montaron, and Necromancers are not Wizards!;)
    Azzlann likes this.
  6. Azzlann Elder

Good ol BG reference, nice!
  7. Tyranthraxus Grognard

Xxar was the 2nd best party member. Extremely difficult to keep alive though.
  8. xxar Augur

I am #1 buddy and for sure not squishy ask your mom :p
  9. Azzlann Elder

Sorry xxar I never used you or your buddy because you had to take both.
  10. Demetri Augur

So you're assuming they're using third party map tools? Because otherwise they wouldn't see what they saw. Wide area random spawns aren't visible to no cheaters, and before you say "but track!"... track is delayed to server heartbeat.

I don't make a habit of accusing cheating but either would work in your theorized case.
  11. Tyranthraxus Grognard

Simple fix for that, Khalid and Montaron always charged the ogre south of the inn first early in playthrough, leaving spots for Minsc and Viconia!

Those Gods damned Heros! We'll miss them...
  12. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

How do you make these huge leaps of illogic? The example I gave of CoS camp doesnt need any cheats, it is three spots.

Anyway I am done - you just seem to be baiting people - welcome back after 10 months (see how you never address this) and share your wisdom!