Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hinastorm86, Mar 7, 2024.

1. Critt Augur

One of my favorite memories in EQ was being deep down in Chardok in a great group slaying everything and another group decided to try and take our camp by training us, and we crushed everything that came our way; sometimes by the skin of our teeth, but we survived and that was so much fun and so exciting that it’s been one of my all time favorite EQ memories…..Encounter locking changes the game more than I care to accept. That’s why I didn’t bother even trying Oakwynd and why I don’t care for FTE
    Tyranthraxus and Azzlann like this.
  2. Azzlann Elder

We all have epic memories like that, Ill never forget some of the hairy situations I've been in with guildies or friends.
    Critt likes this.
  3. Superbilly Journeyman

I remember competing for a camp in Lower Guk back in the day to help a friend with a rogue quest. We got trained by accident but managed to prevent a wipe and help the other people recover from what would have been a nasty corpse run. I will never forget that experience...we really saw firsthand who in our group was good and who was being carried lol.
    Critt likes this.
  4. Slik New Member

Another thing people forget is that on Oakwynd the bots in Lguk were rampant. You could do zero about them and they sat there 24/7 even after getting reported. I myself actually even took it a step further and started posting on the forums and asking if anyone else is seeing this crap. Bots are always a thing but with encounter locking they could sit there indefinitely.
  5. iceyx Journeyman

I like the drama. Simple as that. It's not EQ without groups fighting eachother and negotiating. It's not EQ without the danger of trains. Otherwise we sit in dungeons bored to tears doing the same thing over and over. Monotonous.

The chaos of dealing with other players and EQ trains is part of its charm. This game becomes more and more like WoW every year, and a lot of us are playing this because we don't like WoW. It's fundamentally a better game than EQ in every way. From class design to mechanics and graphics. EQ is that janky wild west where you can wipe out of nowhere to a bad pull or another group doing something stupid and that's what makes it special.
    Tyranthraxus and Superbilly like this.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What exactly does that legacy XP issue have to do with FTE or the plat dupe? Sure it was a bug but it isn't directly related to FTE or the plat dupe.
  7. SnapVine Augur

please keep the posts coming about how you hate FTE because you can't train anymore. It will help ensure there's never another non-FTE TLP.
    code-zero and Ddezul like this.
  8. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Your reading comprehension is CRAP....

Some one else said the reason for such a low population on Oakwynd was FTE....I posted that the population issues on Oakwynd were about the LEGACY XP not working when Luclin released and was not working for AA as intended and then a week later the tradeskill depot issue hit.

That is how the LEGACY XP issue and the plat dupe came into the conversation on FTE

THAT WAS THE POST you quoted to say they treated the exploit like they did any other. You seem to just want to argue with people.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  9. Zansobar Augur

I guess in about 3 weeks or so we will know if DPG will be releasing only FTE TLP servers or not, though they might not say until launch too.
  10. Kahna Augur

Pro-FTE folks don't need to prove anything, DPG loves FTE. It saves them CS hours and therefore money.

It is more likely to be on the upcoming servers than not.
    OldTimeEQ1 and SnapVine like this.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This thread was started about FTE and someone brought up the plat dupe which is what I responded to. I can't help it if you decided to try and drag in the legacy XP issue to this thread when it is unrelated to the issues at hand.
    code-zero likes this.
  12. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

You are tilting against the densest windmill in all of EQ - do yourself a favor and ignore our favorite non-content poster (long run-on sentences shilling or stating the obvious with zero value add) - Just by people's responses I Can tell who that is (they are that bad lol) - how sad is it?

Velisaris_MS likes this.
  13. CdeezNotes Augur

Thats only been confirmed just now for you? You must be new here.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I asked about it in the AMA thread which should have answers later this month.
  15. Demetri Augur

The mythological single player with infinite durability and DPS...
    code-zero likes this.
  16. Azzlann Elder

Or monk
  17. Demetri Augur

Monk DPS isn't that high, lol...

And FD harassment would eventually have a fail that suicides
  18. Azzlann Elder

Monks are perfect, and nearly invincible
  19. Demetri Augur

They're poorly balanced early on but that is quite the exaggeration.

And mind you in that same fever dream they're less encumbered to be toxic non-FTE anyhow.
  20. Crixos Journeyman

As an active player on Oakwynd who also played most previous TLPs for multiple expansions, I see zero reason the hate FTE. It is far from perfect and has some potential weaknesses, but overall in its current iteration it is way better than the previous situation. No trains, no unwanted but forced DPS races in your day to day gameplay and way less negative interactions in crowded zones.
    Sure, KSer, krono farmer and "highly competetive" players are negatively impacted or limited by FTE rules, but that shouldn't worry us to much.

You can't get a highly competetive named spawn under FTE rules? Than you wouldn't have got it under the old rules as well. An average EQ player doesn't beat a cheater or botter under both game versions, because they cheat or outnumber you. Usually both ;-). FTE didn't solve that problem, but overall it didn't made it worse.
    Eryndhel, Arclyte and MaestroM like this.