Encounter Locking in 2024

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by AzzlannOG, Mar 5, 2024.

1. Lejaun Augur

More likely they left because it is far easier for them to make the same amount of Krono on whatever the newest TLP is. It's one of the reasons some players race to 50. They go farm giants and buy krono for 200plat early on, then 500pp, and so on.

They farm raid mobs that are basic in strategy to beat and sell the gear. Then a new TLP comes out and they go to the latest easiest pickings.
  2. Zansobar Augur

Many players don't join the general channels, I know I turn them off.
  3. Zansobar Augur

I don't understand why DPG hasn't reset the plat drops amounts on giants to the same amount for similar level mobs. That would go a long way to slowing the inflation on new TLPs.
  4. Lejaun Augur

[quote="Mashef, post: 4291136, member: 6338"
    Oakwynd/Yeli/Vaniki never broke that threshold outside of a launch day. They weren't popular.
    [/quote]

Yeah, that is not true. I've seen both Oakwynd and Vaniki break it outside of launch day.
  5. Lejaun Augur

I don't know. I actually kind of like the giant plat drops even though I don't go farm them. It's kind of fun to be flat broke, or 40 plat away from what you need on an item, and then suddenly run into a giant and hoping you get 40 plat and not 4 plat.
  6. AzzlannOG Elder

I think at the begining of the server is was probably one way, and then as the server was saturated with loot they probably left.
  7. AzzlannOG Elder

At least we have a real good chance of getting that in the rules again.
  8. Moardots Lorekeeper

How many threads are the same 3 people going to cry about FTE in?
    fransisco and SnapVine like this.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

A Mischief server won't fall flat regardless of FTE or not, too many players want it.

I hope they treat FTE like truebox and it doesn't spread to previous released servers. Truebox was something we all thought would be on all servers going forward and now it is starting to swing the other way with relaxed Truebox and Riz not haivng truebox at all. There are more and more calls for no truebox on new servers.

Who knows what will happen with FTE. I'd like to see a mix of FTE and non FTE servers going forward. Time will tell.
  10. Ddezul Augur

we already have a Mischief server
  11. Slik New Member

I haven't even bothered finished reading all of these posts on FTE as I made the FTE conundrum thread days ago. But encounter locking does not change a thing with people stealing your camps, it just means instead of needing a box army to beat you they can park 1 mage or necro and do it. Mobs can get encounter locked and then you cant attack them even though they are destroying your group and you have to die or zone from the bottom of a dungeon. Where this "FTE solves all these issues" thing comes from is beyond me. I played on Oakwynd up until Velious launch. I didnt hate FTE but it definitely does not do anything for anybody in any meaningful way. It actual broke some raid mechanics to boot. Either way I will still play, just get your stories and opinions straight at least, and be real with yourself. Its fine to enjoy what FTE has to offer, its not fine to push your own agenda with untruths. There are pros and cons to it, but you cant flat out say its all rainbows and sunshine.
    Mashef, Azzlann and MasterMagnus like this.
  12. Slik New Member

my opinion on the matter, meager as it may be, is that it had more issues than it solved, and it was pushed in order to lighten the petition load, etc etc. It was even fun for a bit for something new, but that lasted up until a class with taunt on day one could break the FTE and steal your mob. Then when that was fixed a single pet class macro can win with a pet.
    Azzlann likes this.
  13. SnapVine Augur

i was able to beat a mage bot crew for a few named spawns they were sitting on with earth pet spam macros. not every time obviously, but I had a shot with FTE which is more than I had without it. and they didn't magically break the FTE lock and steal it back, which is weird since everyone says its so easy to do
    Barton-Vox and fransisco like this.
  14. NImxat Elder

Comments like this are why we can't have nice things.
  15. Ddezul Augur

Versus getting trained or outdps'd by 12 mages.

FTE is much better.
    Crixos, fransisco and MaestroM like this.
  16. Azzlann Elder

I'm glad you did, and mine also even if it upsets people. Everyone is clearly not happy with FTE as it is now and DB should at least hear us out. The things that I am personally asking for would not affect pro FTE people one bit most likely.
  17. Mashef Augur

Obviously mages don't buff and heal. Derp.
  18. fransisco Augur

Krono farmers only make money because there are soo many players willing to buy said kronos. They don't appear in a vaccum. A server with only krono farmers would have - zero krono. The fact that krono sales are soo strong means that demand for krono is strong - which means a strong player base.
    Azzlann likes this.
  19. Azzlann Elder

Very wise take, that is accurate.
    Pumped likes this.
  20. fransisco Augur

True, but everyone wants another fresh start server. We have like a dozen TLP servers, but everyone jumps into the new one every time.

I do think they jumped the shark with mischief. Handing out free loot makes everything else look less good.