Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hinastorm86, Mar 7, 2024.

1. MaestroM Augur

Skill issue.
    SnapVine likes this.
  2. Fizon Augur

Lol wut. People who can't compete with mobs for a DPS race talks about unable to compete against scripted bot armys that are warping and far taunting for first tag talking about "skill issues"??

For me it's the opposite. I can't imagine why anyone could like fte. All it did was give the cheaters more power to screw people over. You can win a DPS race. Or prevent someone from pulling a named through ur camp.What you can't win against is a auto attack bot.
    25AnniONLY and MasterMagnus like this.
  3. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Stop me if you've heard this one before.

There's this camel with a pile of straw on it's back. Each straw is very light. But the weight of all those straws becomes too much to carry.

It's not the entire fault of the last straw, but once the camel's back is broken you might not be able to remove that straw and continue on.

This leads to the expression, 'My last straw.'

Hope that was informative for you.
    OldTimeEQ1 and Azzlann like this.
  4. SnapVine Augur

druids who make extended AFKs alone with charmed pets is a sacrifice i'm willing to make. what did she have charmed anyways? summoned bear pet would have been safer and likely sufficient (for killing level 20 spiders)
  5. MaestroM Augur

It was my snarky way of saying “I don’t believe you”. The overwhelming consensus was that Oakwynd is the least toxic TLP in a big long while. I wasn’t on Mischief day one so I can’t speak to that but I was on Yeli, phinny, mangler, Aradune, Agnarr and combine (and maybe some others I’m forgetting), where toxic behavior and KSing etc were the expectation. On oakwynd I had 5 chars that I leveled 1-60 from classic through Luclin and I was KSed maybe twice (I can only remember one specific instance) and I was never once successfully trained.

This experience has been echoed by everyone that I met while playing on Oakwynd and eas regularly a topic of conversation in the several guild discords and half a dozen other Oakwynd related discords I spent any time in.

When someone says they had the exact opposite experience on Oakwynd it immediately feels sus to me. The consensus here and everywhere on the internet has been that Oakwynd was the least toxic TLP most people have played on (mischief May beat it because random loot helps a lot too).

DPG gave evidence on this when they mentioned that Oakwynd (due to FTE) has many many many fewer CS tickets for toxic behavior.
    SnapVine likes this.
  6. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Some be like "I like FTE."

Others be like "I don't like FTE."

ForumQuest be like 'what's the best click bait title for another FTE argument?'

Methinks some of you doth protest too much when you already have what you want.
    Rijacki and OldTimeEQ1 like this.
  7. Fizon Augur

It had fewer cs complaints cause no one was there. I think the only server who had less people was miragul. Anyone who play seriously completely skipped Oakwynd. This won't be the case for mischief 2.0.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  8. SnapVine Augur

so there were less tickets because the "serious" players who love their competition are the first to weaponize the petition system against each other. dey stole my merbbsss!!
  9. Ddezul Augur

no.
    its because it's much less toxic.

how do you play a 25 year old game seriously? That's an odd take.
  10. SnapVine Augur

you DPS race open world raid targets at 3am and then have your whole guild petition if you lose
    Ddezul likes this.
  11. Kahna Augur

I am not for or against FTE, but the whole EQ community needs to stop resorting to "everyone who doesn't play and enjoy the game the way I do is an evil krono farmer" nonsense.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  12. Ddezul Augur

Lot easier to farm krono when you absolutely know your mage army will outDPS anyone for the spawn.

FTE gives everyone a shot.
  13. Azzlann Elder

Yes but you can go through the game and never buy them, or even see them if you dont want to. There are a lot of "optional" things that make it a new game. FTE is the worst of all of them and we cant escape it. Thats all I want, let me opt out, make one server not have it.
  14. Tyranthraxus Grognard

The Griffon, not the little ones, the big one. The point is FTE breaks game mechanics that have been around for the entirety for the game. It's a lazy fix to save CS time so they don't have to police the game, at all. It doesn't make the game world better, it makes it worse.
  15. WeCameWeConquered Elder

You may have posted about it but that doesn't make your statements true, no matter how times you repeat them. It most certainly happened/happens on Oakwynd and you don't even have to take my word for it - there are videos of it happening. It is also much easier to mobilize one character to steal a mob from folks than an entire group. FTE literally made it easier to grief in this way.
    OldTimeEQ1 and Azzlann like this.
  16. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

How so? Can you expand on this please - I am very interested.
    You tried any named camp on Oakwynd (Esp CoS camp - which was camped 24x7 by a 4 mage bot crew (note bot not box).

How does FTE give everyone a shot against a bot mage crew whose earth pets insta-cast root on the mob the moment it unlocks? Share first-hand experiences though please, as the theoryquest on this forum by players (not you) who never played on Oakwynd but chimed in on every thread with their worthless views got tiring after a few months.
  17. SnapVine Augur

I got tags from the elf. Not like a lot, but it was possible. Not sure how this helps, aren't you just going to say i'm a liar and ask for a video?
  18. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Nopes I am not calling you a liar heh - I had posted about this in detail a couple of weeks ago anyway.

The few times we ( a few of us) could even get a mob is when the elf (we all know who that is heh)'s bot scripts ran afoul or in the rare case where we were a nano second ahead of their pet with /pet attack spam.

While I never was a fan of "DPS race bruh, no camps in EQ" approach of EQ's owners - considering FTE as some amazing thing which puts people on an even footing with bot crews (Again, this is due to 0 policing by DPG, not on players) is disingenuous, to say the least.
    WeCameWeConquered and SnapVine like this.
  19. CdeezNotes Augur

Not even close.

This idea thay FTE is a major detriment to "Brad's world" and immersion is such a lazy take. Brad wasnt been involved with EQ for over a decade before his passing. Its as much his world as much as the white house is mine.

I can give you a laundry list of immersion breaking things or implementations that go against of his ideas, but I wont because it would devolve into further bickering.

If you want Brad's world, go play p99.
  20. Zansobar Augur

I thought P99 implemented some form of FTE on raid mobs or something, is that true?