The FTE conundrum

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Slik, Mar 6, 2024.

1. AzzlannOG Elder

there are 2 or 3 "groups" of people that still really enjoy that kind of play.
  2. AzzlannOG Elder

Very well said!
  3. DeadRagarr Augur

It largely honestly depends on rulesets. If you released an FTE server with mischief rules and a non FTE with base rules mischief would be more popular. AFAIK we don't know rulesets. I think popularity or not people will reroll regardless based more on loot/lockout/time/gimmick than FTE.
  4. AzzlannOG Elder

I mostly agree with you there. If all the rules are great but FTE exists I would probably still play. I wouldnt stay forever though. If it is base rules or not spectacular and has FTE. I wont even consider playing.
  5. Ddezul Augur

what server have you stayed on forever?
    Did MIschief cease operation?
  6. Azzlann Elder

I played on Lockjaw for a long time, Coirnav probably the longest, Selo also for a long time, and Mischief maybe the shortest due to RL stuff. But I believe I have characters and have played on all of them Oakwynd being the current one.
  7. Ddezul Augur

sounds like you wont stay forever regardless.
  8. Azzlann Elder

I would like to, although playing a server for 5 years is hard to do as an adult. I definitely wont stay if the rules are garbage.
  9. Ddezul Augur

why leave mischief? It was heaven right?
  10. Azzlann Elder

Yeah it really was the best TLP I have ever played on. I explained in a previous post that leaving mischief was because of RL stuff. I have recently started leveling my guys up there in case these new ones are bust.
  11. Ddezul Augur

Awesome that you'll have that forever home
  12. Azzlann Elder

Maybe, thanks!
  13. Binskie New Member

If sharing bothers you then just go to another camp. If it's some DPS RACERS WET dream to take your camp they're wasting their own time competing over it. You can invite some friends if you have any to help you. Maybe join a guild.
    Also magically manifesting this scenario is a mountainous pile of BS, name a specific camp and how or why there is a race in the first place. It's incredibly rare that 12 people in a camp is doing anybody involved any good and the second group that shows up has already figured that out 15 years ago and just move on.
  14. Critt Augur

just a guess but maybe because they enjoy the early game better? I mean that's why most people leave the servers as they get older...
    Azzlann likes this.
  15. Ddezul Augur

Disagree about why they leave.
  16. Critt Augur

that's ok, I know it's why I leave a server and I know many of the people that I have played with over the years leave for the same reason. I don't know your experience so I can't speak to why you think the way you do.
    OldTimeEQ1 and Azzlann like this.
  17. Tyranthraxus Grognard

The funny part, is I have run into this scenario far less than the opposite. I play a warrior, and duo with the wife's shaman. We will camp target named for hours usually without a group, because kids make it impossible to dial in and group with people. When a named I spawn pops, it's common for other groups to make a play to tag it first, but I can usually outaggro them and keep it in my camp, the 6 man bot army doesn't move to my camp, they try and far taunt it. I can stop that. with FTE, they can take my named without any fight.

They use a program to see where it will spawn before I can, and target it before I know it's up, and the second it becomes targettable, it's running halfway across the zone, and i can't do a damn thing about it. I've now spent hours of my limited free time playing a game I love, only to watch a botter take the fruit of my labor, and I have no recourse. I can't even report the steal unless I have hours to observe and video him, Which as we've seen with the Ragefire merge to Mangler, the devs mostly Ignore anyway. Script botting is barely enforced at this point, even with video. FTE makes it even easier to cheat.
    Yinla, OldTimeEQ1 and Azzlann like this.
  18. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

I get what you are saying....however....with the bolded above how does FTE impact this or change it...

FTE does not prevent someone who cheats from cheating, they will still have the 3rd party software and track and warp before you even know the target has spawned.

With FTE if you get aggro first the cheater can not take it from you. In most cases a warrior and shaman is not going to win many DPS races either. Seems like FTE would favor your playstyle not work against it.
  19. Demetri Augur

That story of theirs seems like a fiction based on the first months of Oak, they tweaked things to have a randomized delay after spawning fully into the world before tagging is even recognized.

Went in around Kunark or so
  20. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

After the DoT revamps, Shaman DoTs hit like a truck (the hardest really until level 70 at least, as necro dots never got revamped till lvl 70+) In a DPS race the full damage of the DoT is considered (even if the mob dies in one tic). Shaman were one of the few classes who can do that "race" actually and win some. It is moot anyway with FTE - but just pointing it out.