Any Part of the 'crew' still in the game from the start?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Mar 7, 2024.

1. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Any of you still in the game ( on the payroll ) of this game since is started? JUST CURIOUS.

Sure seems liken it ain't. I wanna know.
  2. Iven the Lunatic

Allen Bond and Kevin Lydy.

Allen created about all textures and Kevin created the EQ logo and other art.
    Bilderov and Veteran_BetaTester like this.
  3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I don't know if Kevin Lydy invented the logo letter style just for the word EverQuest or not, but the closest (free) font I could find to it is menuetto.

(Which I use on my Main page intro line, "Welcome to Fanra's EverQuest WIki", in the closest color I could match.)
    Fenthen, Bilderov and MasterMagnus like this.
  4. Iven the Lunatic

Fanra likes this.
  5. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Kevin Lydy reviewed and suggested refinements (if needed) to each Player Studio submission
  6. Lilfella Elder

They'd likely be eligible for retirement at this point and aren't the talent you think they are..
    Duder likes this.
  7. Bilderov Augur

The game has been out for 25 years and developed for a few years before that. I doubt there would be many of the original group still hanging around, which is a shame.

I don't think too many of the current people responsible for content actually play the game. I listened to a podcast a while back (Dramaquest?) and they interviewed a content designer and she admitted to not having played the game much at all. She even discussed how hard it was to decide how the layout for a lvl 100 heroic character should be in terms of the spell gems / AAs etc. as they had very little knowledge in playing the character.

It also sounded as if they each design their own aspects of the game (quests / zones) with very little interaction with the other content designers.

It sounds like it was probably this one: https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/7-dpg-developer-interview-qwalla/id1693138094?i=1000622444004
    Bobokin and Jack like this.
  8. Bobokin Augur

Since my mains are older than some of the developers, I doubt it.
    Flatchy likes this.
  9. Iven the Lunatic

The age is impressive. The development got started in 1996. The first EQ screenshot got made in late 1996 or early 1997. All in all 28 years of development.

Thx for the link to Dramaquest, it is good to hear some dev/player/etc. voices and getting more infos. Does anybody know what happened to Qwalla ? Her last post is from Apr 28, 2023.
    Bilderov likes this.
  10. Bilderov Augur

Don't know any more about her than that interview. To be fair, she did sound very excited and interested in the role.

Love that first screenshot. I doubt they would have known just how many monsters, rewards, quests, battles would take place just beyond that small corridor!
  11. Sam Hyde "You're" on ignore

True, in tech and gaming there is no such thing as someone working in one place their whole life. What you have is:

Top tier talent: Gets scouted and poached by bigger companies
    _______
    Mid tier talent: Works hard for years, eventually earning the ability to apply to bigger companies and be strongly considered
    _______
    Low tier talent: Gets cut when there are layoffs and "right-sizing"
    Bobokin likes this.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

13. Iven the Lunatic