Encounter Locking in 2024

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by AzzlannOG, Mar 5, 2024.

1. AzzlannOG Elder

fransisco likes this.
  2. AzzlannOG Elder

fransisco likes this.
  3. MaestroM Augur

Oh I thought you meant you had data other than “low medium high” which means practically nothing. Oakwynd was “high” every night May-December while I played.
  4. Mashef Augur

Very true. Random group loot was fantastic.
    MaestroM likes this.
  5. MaestroM Augur

6. AzzlannOG Elder

I dont want you to do anything, you asked for the link. I will describe it for you so you dont have to pay, Oakwynd has always been lower than you would expect of the most recent TLP.
  7. Mashef Augur

The server status as high/med/low carries no weight. It is a poor barometer since no one knows the thresholds.

You need to use general in game.

If there are less then 4 general chats the server isn't high pop. That is at a minimum 1600 players - then you factor in those that aren't in chats.

Oakwynd/Yeli/Vaniki never broke that threshold outside of a launch day. They weren't popular.

Using the server status, i can say I never saw more then a couple hundred people on FV server and it's always flagged as high pop.
  8. CdeezNotes Augur

General chats might be the dumbest way to measure server populations. Thats the first thing that gets turned off for many people. Useless spam.

People who actually play the game and pay attention know the general thresholds for low medium high.
  9. Mashef Augur

So what I said is correct.

If many people turn them off immediately and you STILL have 4 gen chats that is a ton of players.

If you can't get 2 full gen chats on launch day - no one is playing.

It's the only acceptable and usable gauge. It has a static max of 400. They autospawn new ones. It is the only tool that provides a number.
    Pumped likes this.
  10. AzzlannOG Elder

Well I dont know what to tell you, I choose to watch DB's numbers over anecdotal opinions. I'm not really here to convince you of the servers population though, I'm here to try and get FTE amended to a better place so that more people play the upcoming servers and have fun the way they like.
    fransisco likes this.
  11. CdeezNotes Augur

What you said is laughable and wrong, especially regarding live servers. Just stop while you can still save face.
  12. Mashef Augur

DPG doesn't give you numbers. They give you a high low or medium. Those are words not numbers.

The way to get more people to play is to not put FTE in. It isn't getting fixed or it would have been fixed by now. Read the tea leaves.
  13. Mashef Augur

You seem to lack any fundamental knowledge of how to measure something. Quit while you are behind.
    Pumped and SnapVine like this.
  14. AzzlannOG Elder

I'm not saying they are perfect, just what I personally watch to gauge populations. I cant log in to every tlp everyday to see how many generals there are. but I can check the website.
  15. Elabone Augur

Bro, if you think non free trade servers benefit krono farmers the most, i dont really think you know about krono farming.
  16. AzzlannOG Elder

Yes, free trade is far and away a krono farmers favorite.
  17. WeCameWeConquered Elder

It is actually the complete opposite. Free trade has meant more items in the market that remain in the market, lowering the prices of everything. Know quite a number of krono farmers that left Mischief because they weren't making nearly the profit they make on non-free trade servers and thus deemed it "not worth their time".
    Pumped, Yinla and Zansobar like this.
  18. AzzlannOG Elder

Yeah I think youre right, I have tried to just push my ideas while respecting others.
  19. Zansobar Augur

I don't think DPG likes to be shown to be wrong. It is my opinion that they have developed their belief and will act accordingly. Now if they release a Mischief ruleset with FTE and no server without FTE this year and the TLP server falls flat population-wise maybe next year they will experiment with a non-FTE and an FTE server to try and determine if they are wrong. But I believe they think FTE does what they wanted and it wouldn't have been developed if they hadn't hoped to move it other servers given the cost to develop it. Maybe I'm wrong but I just think that's the way they do things.
  20. Zansobar Augur

True.