Stealth nerfs?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Feb 23, 2024.

1. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Point is , straight up.. Developers.

Don't mess with nerfs the game after it has been going on so long

you are obviously forcing players to heroic

We don't like it..

got it?

How far do you personally go back in this game? Did you discover first zones like I did?

We been here for a long time.

With decisions like this,the CEO of the company needs to totally understand what is screwing up the investments players are doing

I fully belive management is a joke, you guys have no idea what the heck you're doing.

I am not going to play anymore when this keeps happening.

Is there any one on the team that even plays this game as long as we have?
    Honesly?!

You guys have so ruined this game.

Straight up, I would fire all of you.
    Bobokin and Tyranthraxus like this.
  2. Dre. Altoholic

Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  3. Thundersnake Elder

I don't have exact numbers but I remember during an Xp bonus event on test server going from a few % into 111 to 114 with one full run of Paragon at the beginning of ToV, without doing any side quests.
  4. Alnitak Augur

It's worse, way way worse!
    This mega-nerf forces people to spend 30 seconds thinking before they play. Atrocious NERF!

So, I hadto PL 2 newly created alts, who dinged recently to lvl 100.
    With this 200% level cap MEGA-NERF I have decided to use mega-exploit to do Mercenary and Partisan quests in ToV first and then do missions.
    Partisan of Great Divide gave me 174% exp at lvl 100 and with 10-12% exp per individual quest reward my level 100 f2p bard became lvl 102 + some %. Then I went to EQ and did the Partisan of EW and got 155% for that. Overall my lvl 100 turned to 104+ (close to 105).
    Mercenary of EW, ToFS, GD and Velks lie ahead before I whack Griklor (which, by the way I may wait for bonus time later on, no rush)
    Oh horror ahead! I have to do ToV progression out of sequence. Such a misery.
    fransisco likes this.
  5. NatazzEvoli Elder

The change they made to ToV mission exp was a stupid one.
  6. Bumkus Elder

Now do a persona where the main has already completed progression and has done all the collection sets. Let me know if goes, specifically post 110. I feel it is appropriate to bring Personas into the discussion, since they were a flagship feature of the last expansion.
  7. Alnitak Augur

As you have changed the subject:

At level 110 O.M.A.D. gives 5% per level, 30 minutes lockout timer.
    At 115 do ToL repeatable tasks .
    At level 125 FF and Door missions give 1-2% per level each, boostable by a single LotD.
    That's all on top of 10% per day from Overseer.
    Save the effort to PL personas during server bonus season.
    You are welcome.
    fransisco likes this.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

Gratz...you've probably just given them a new list of things to nerf.
    Bobokin and Barton-Vox like this.
  9. FyrasDrinal Journeyman

This change will cost DarkFlaw money.

During the last fundraiser xp bonus week, I bought four level 100 heroic toons to quickly make level 115 necro alts via taskadd to 5 missions. I won't be buying heroic 100s with this nerf.

Sure the xp was nuts, but it provided a path for near instant gratification via heroic100 purchase plus bonus xp times. How many others will opt to never buy another heroic toon due to this change?

I will never delete any heroic toon for reuse now as the xp nerf makes it more time consuming to get back to where I am.

This game is truly on its last legs and making these decisions does not help the game. Not financially, not in the interest of the players, etc. I don't give a rats buttocks to be f2p. I try to support this game with 6 gold accounts but my loyalty is being challenged constantly...
    Shea and Bobokin like this.
  10. Bumkus Elder

No really changing the subject, just pointing out that the "do progression" answer does not apply everywhere.

I've been doing Overseer on three personas, along with One Door multiple times a day, and FF occasionally once i got to 110. (At 110, xp from Teek tasks and missions really starts to fall off.) FF takes longer than One Door, so even though it gives more xp, it is slower in terms of xp/hour. With LoTD running at Level 111, One Door gives 4.092% and FF gives 6.582%. Assuming I focus purely on xp grind (no progression, which really slows things down) I figure i could get from 110 to 125 in 2 to 3 months. Then i could start working on AA's

Here's the kicker when using Missions to xp... With traditional alt, i could get mission rewards on both Main and Alt. With persona, i can only get reward on one of them. My mains are max level/max AA, so they don't need the xp, but if i choose the persona, the mains don't get evolving item xp either.

I'm ok putting progression of my mains on hold for a bit, but man, I'm really close to stalling out.

For the people saying there is no problem with reduced xp rates, I would love to see what they say after leveling a persona. I am finding it to be very unpleasant, but then again, maybe I'm doing something wrong.
  11. Alnitak Augur

Yes, you are doing something wrong. You are wrongly directing your expectations.
    Just look at the situation this way: "in 2 to 3 months" you'll have your personas at level 125. Meanwhile, you have 20 months until your mains will need to work on their level/AA again.
    You'll have about 17 months to play with newly leveled personas, mix and match various class combinations in your group, test and try various ways of doing missions with different group rosters, invite or join various classes and perhaps building up teams/friend groups.
    And all that without the need to redo annoying old expansion progressions for your alts (personas have it all done already). My plan is to make personas for my dust-collecting neglected cleric,pally,SK,warrior and turn those into useful rangers/bards/mages/beastlords. This way I'll be able to deply 6 teams to do FF-style missions back-to-back instead of my current roster of 4 teams. Perhaps I'll go for 7.
  12. Bumkus Elder

I get your point, but i would rather have suggestions to help overcome the xp disadvantage with Personas.

Let me know how it works out with your personas. Probably good call not to do them on your Mains, so they wont be tied up while leveling the personas.
  13. Filter Augur

Some idiots hating on people that want to get a toon to a much more manageable level so they can play with friends. Yes, they can spend lots of time doing progression to gain levels but Live servers are hard to get to max level from 1, 85 or 100. You take those fast gains away from people that like to help friends catch up and there will be some percent of folks that just refuse to continue on with the grind. Personally I dont see why they did it. There is no good reason for it that I can tell. I used this way to get some alts leveled up fast and sure glad I did before the nerf. Really feel sorry for those that got a surprise when they did these missions and got far less exp than expected.

Before anyone talks about "this is just how the game was designed to make people grind it out through experiencing missions and not be a toon in GL accepting TA's" just for once consider that people might want to join a family member group sooner rather than later. Not everyone needs to "suffer" or go through the process per game design.
    Shea and Bobokin like this.
  14. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Yeah this is just a dev thinking this is an unintended feature and capping it. Upper management and stakeholders had no input on this.
  15. Tappin Augur

Another ‘W’ for Tappin… A decisive ‘L’ for everyone who said I was wrong.
  16. Tappin Augur

If you look at for what it is, you’ll get the changes. There trying remove as many man hours as humanly possible from the game (one piece of the puzzle). If just consider that one puzzle piece, it’ll start to make sense.
  17. Bilderov Augur

Now, you are changing the subject. No-one is complaining about these other options, this thread is about the cap to 200% per single exp source.

Getting characters to 110 via ToV wasn't some secret mega exploit, it was standard gameplay that just happened to become easier as the newer expansions came online. Same with me being able to solo raid targets from a few years ago, or get to level 70 in a matter of hours...

Here's another option - make the minimum level for every mission / taskadd to be a lot higher. Make it so every player has to be in the zone during the mission / taskadd to earn the exp. Now see how big this would blow up!

Changing this (and doing it without patch notes) just goes to show that DBG have some hang-up about people levelling even slightly quicker than they want them to.

However, I'll bite and look at your options.
    1. Do a repeatable task over and over.
    2. Do a repeatable task over and over.
    3. Do a mission over and over.
    4. Play offline for 10% of a level a day.
    5. Wait until certain parts of the year to play your character.

That just paints the much bigger picture of how our levelling options have changed over the past few years. Compare this with TLPs where you group with players and wade through camps across multiple zones.
    Allayna likes this.
  18. Bobokin Augur

Daybreak is its own worst enemy. This is total BS for casual players and players that play only during certain times of the year due to work and school. Again, they make it harder for players that are coming up from behind rather than just leaving the game as is.

This whole forum should be in an uproar, but many players on here are elitists boxers, so they love this kind of stuff. "We got ours, so too darn bad for you!"
  19. Alnitak Augur

20. Bobokin Augur

Expect higher prices because the demand for Everquest is dropping fast.