My humble Oakwynd prediction for LDoN.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Raytheon, Feb 29, 2024.

1. Elabone Augur

Youre just being dense to be dense. Your argument doesnt even make sense here.
  2. Elabone Augur

Well, the point was that LDoN is a serious time commitment, so is BiC, just in a slightly different way. There are anger augs you need to purchase, and i believe a couple caster specific augs, Not to mentioned most people will grind out at least the points for 40hp or 40mana augs. There are AC augs from raids, but those are different.

I agree with you that most people dont care about the Adventurers Stone, which was my entire point.. The guy was saying we should change the entire expansion around for this 1 item.

All i was pointing out, was that if you wanted it, you would get it, because even if it takes you all of GoD to finish it, youll still use it for like 6-8 more months at least.
  3. Azzlann Elder

I wouldn't worry about it terribly, Oakwynd is already on its last leg, and it's not even to LDoN. Just cut your losses and hope for better rules next time.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  4. Lejaun Augur

At the average guild's pace. And I'm not just including raids, but things like LDoN accomplishments.
  5. Lejaun Augur

I meant the number of points needed to max the stone. To be specific, the number of completed runs needed. It's been awhile, but my understanding is each successful run of LDoN gives you 1 completion point. To max the stone you needed to get so many points, or competitions from each camp.

Or am I misremembering it?
  6. Mashef Augur

And I am saying it should be changed and agree with that poster. LDoN is actually fun. I enjoy pushing through those dungeons but its content that goes unused because its not good exp and it's too much of a grind. So in reality you run a handful and never go back just to get like one spell.

If they actually made it PoFire/Earth level exp and significant points to group points.and made the charm easier..people would go more often.
  7. Elabone Augur

You have to run roughly 50 missions at each camp iirc
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

1 is 68, I remember that being a bit of a slog when I did it for my rogue.
  9. fransisco Augur

Did you just say your opinion is not open to discussion or interpretation?
    Those lifetap and +40 attack augs? you won't be replacing them for a LOOONNGGGG time.
    How horrible to defile yourself by setting foot in content that isn't "current".
    SnapVine likes this.
  10. Bewts Augur

You should get both points and wins… but unfortunately no one foresaw that the LDON augment grind would be beyond excessive.
  11. Defenestrated Vase Elder

It's a long term grind goal for min-maxers which I do not partake in because
    a) I'm not a true min-maxer
    b) I do value my play time (more than DPG does obviously)

I agree it's beyond excessive and that raids *should* yield points.
  12. Manerz Journeyman

It just counts the number of completed missions, its not a point system. Would be better to ask they make raids count towards completed missions
  13. Defenestrated Vase Elder

• Deepest Guk (South Ro): 70 missions
    • Miragul’s Menagerie (Everfrost): 68 missions
    • Mistmoore's Catacombs (Butcherblock): 76 missions
    • Rujarkian Hills (Commonlands): 74 missions
    • Takish-Hiz (North Ro): 78 missions
    This totals to 366 missions required across all themes for a fully upgraded augment (Adventurer's Stone).

I actually had an even higher number in mind but this is what I just researched.

So yeah, would be nice if raid missions would count towards that goal or maybe just lower the numbers a bit.
  14. GugokSkulkraker Lorekeeper

The reality is, if you are in a group of people also working on their stones to fully max them you will likely be forced to do more than the stated number because someone was not online when you started a grind session and you are probably doing closer to 400 or more.

The obvious solution is to have LDoN unlock with PoP and give everyone another set of armor they can grind for and to gain AAs. That and having the raids count towards the mission count. On mischief I was max AA before coming anywhere close to maxing my adventure stone, and it sucks just running missions for the sake of a charm aug.
  15. Defenestrated Vase Elder

Just listed what the number of required missions is. Nobody will force me to do more than that. I might do it voluntary though.