Sudden Overseer Failures

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Marton, Mar 4, 2024.

1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Assuming one account. Which is not a safe assumption.
  2. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I load up one of my account and i have TWO 24 research quests up that have no agents this beyond stupid! 29% success rate vs the 85% i should be getting :( Results Failure and Critical Failure! Lovely.
  3. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Years ago i had like a 500-0 run but not anymore im really thinking having a bunch of agents is causing them to go missing now.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

How many do you have? I keep no more than 3 of each (common and uncommon), 1 of everything else.
  5. Marton Augur

One account.

This isn't a failure here and there ... once in a while ....

Something changed.
  6. JetZeppelin2h Augur

I have noticed getting alot more failures lately as well.
    Andarriel likes this.
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

like alot of ppl i got a bunch of agents they take to long to convert. Why is it so hard for them to make a mass convert button?
    KarmaKitty and Nennius like this.
  8. Relyn Lorekeeper

Haven't had any failures in a long time, but I did have 9 out of 10 critical successes a week ago.
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  9. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

guessing your low in agents?
  10. Thunderkiks Augur

Two more today.
  11. Bernel Augur

I think I've had two failures a time or two in the past, but they are pretty rare. Most of the time my failure rate is under 1%. I'm not having hardly any failures at the moment on my 3 Overseer accounts.

To help pin down why you're seeing failures, you could try mixing things up and see if that changes things. Do Overseer on one of your other 85+ characters on the same account if you're not doing it for exp. Do Overseer in a different zone. Do Overseer on a different computer. Do conversions to get rid of surplus agents. Retire your elites. Keep an eye on the success rate of your quest before you start to see if it looks normal. If you have a charm with negative stats, unequip it. I have no idea if any of these things will change the outcome, but if there's something about your environment causing the failures, it may avoid it and help pinpoint what's going on.

One odd thing I had recently was trying to make something in smithing. The success rate was 85%, but I failed 6(!) times in a row. I was able to make lots of other items with the same success rate no problem, but this one item I failed 6 times. Finally I got fed up and went to a different forge in a different zone and was able to make the item on the first try. I don't know if I was just unlucky at the first forge or if it was bugged. Maybe something weird like that is going on with your Overseer and changing things up will clear it up.
  12. Bobokin Augur

More failures as of late. Not like when they broke it before, but more.

Maybe the overseer complaining on this board got it a stealth nerf.
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

We should get a poll (well, not a poll, but responses in this thread) with this info:

What's your failure rate and How many agents do you have?

My guess is, that may be part of the issue.
    Andarriel likes this.
  14. Knifen Augur

And what type of quests are you running to get the failures, ie 6 hour 12 hour 24. I run 12 over and over and have 0 failures showing on both toons.

85 Completed - 10 Crit Succ - 75 Succ / 70 Completed - Crit Succ 30 - Succ 40

I have ran way more than 85 and 70 respectivly per toon so not sure when the recount starts or what ones dont get counted. But both toons show 0 failures

842 Agents and 310 Agents on two sep toons.

Also I never finish them early, always let them run out on own for free. Of the people I spoke with that get failures all of them use db coin to finish them off early.
  15. Tatanka Joe Schmo

They broke something about two years ago, and now the stats constantly get reset. Frankly, they should just delete that page, it's worthless.

Before that change, the stats page worked just fine. I had 6 accounts all showing a few thousand missions completed. Had about 3-5 failures on each account at that time.
    Andarriel and Knifen like this.
  16. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

This is proving my point 842 is pretty low on agents. I got 5 accounts with 2k-2500 agents and the one i got under 1k is fast and doesnt get agents leaving quests. dont understand why having alot of agents makes the agents leave quest though.
  17. Knifen Augur

Why keep that many agents? I felt like when I had gobs of agents everything was dog slow in overseer, and other things.
  18. Scila Augur

First I'm hearing about leaving an account logged in being a problem with Overseers. Alot flip between playing and trader/barter, then Overseers, rinse repeat. I've had a couple creep back in again but my brain may be misremembering they may be after I've done a cleanup. I usually leave it around 8ish depending on how much time I have. I have more than enuf to take it down further, just don't have the time. I also try not to let it go up too high. When I get another one, I'll check and see if the agents had poofed, wasn't looking when it happened.