Tormax and Teek servers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by jeskola, Mar 5, 2024.

1. Verrix New Member

It looks like:
    12 weeks of Classic & Kunark.
    8 weeks of Velious as Luclin comes Oct 10th.
    8 weeks of Luclin as PoP/LoY comes out Dec 5th.
    12 weeks of PoP/LoY as LDoN comes out Feb 27th.
    4 weeks of LDoN as GoD comes out March 27th.

That's all that's on the Test Calendar. Looks like pretty normal pacing imo.
  2. whattheheckisgoingon New Member

The dates are clearly wrong in the calendar.

TLPs launch on Thursdays. Why would that suddenly change?

The roadmap tells you the month it will launch. Do you really think they would get it wrong there and then just never correct themselves?

The verbiage is literally UNLOCKS. Not launches. The xpac UNLOCKS.

The lack of critical thinking displayed in these replies has finally made the world make sense to me. I get why things are the way they are.
  3. Rhek EQ New Member

Mangler comes to mind as least reconizable server name lol

Franklin Teek's bro Clayton is standing nearby him (I think starting in Darekened sea era?)
    He can give you daily Heroic Adventure tasks which are essentially a bonus for completing a normal instanced task. Complete heroic adventure, get bonus exp.
    Clayton will also port you directly to the zone to request the instance.

Server names don't always relate directly to their rule set, but the name Teek sure implies it'd have accelerated exp of some sort.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I would suggest logging onto the test server as the calendar can and does change with the test patch and won't be reflected on live until the live patch.
  5. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

So Hardcore Heritage is being moved a month, too? really?
  6. Kahna Augur

All any of us can go on is the calendar. That is what it says on the test server. Do with that information what you will.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

That is what is currently on test calender.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I never said that the calendar entries are correct, just that they are showing an accurate picture of what it looks like on test server as of right now. Your statements about how the calendar look on live servers doesn't change the fact that it shows different things on the test server.
  9. Zansobar Augur

Test server being used to test made up calendar entries and people are trying to claim they are real calendar entries.
    Shalom likes this.
  10. wade_watts Augur

Teek server. Every zone is a hot zone.
  11. Shalom Quillmane Bane

Agreed. It's a test server - None of this information should be considered seriously.
  12. Karne New Member

These have to be up there with one of the dumbest rulesets they have tried coming up with (if it is true).

1. Kunark Start - Not my favorite, but I can understand the decision. I prefer a little bit of just classic, but I understand I am in the minority of that probably.

2. Level cap - Why? You're making an already slow game, even slower. I am not even someone who plays hardcore. It just seems like a pointless thing that is merely trying to copy what World of Warcraft did with their latest season.

3. Mischief Ruleset - I get it, it is popular. However, it did make raiding extremely boring after a while. Guilds would often just target the same easy mobs week in and week out to get the gear without any diversity in targets. Would much prefer an FV style system where everything is just free trade.

4. Global spawn rate is doubled - Awesome! Love the idea of this. Perhaps we could even look at triple in some of the hotter zones for experience grinding.

5. Non-instanced raid mob spawns are quadrupled - So we are just looking at creating an environment of "poop-socking" and rewarding the hardcore players for farming the targets. All that will happen is the top end guilds will continuously get the kills and sell the items to make profit off the lesser fortunate in the community.

6. Agent of Change Instance Lock Doubled - Basically means that people will be logging in once every two weeks instead of one week. More opportunity for them to lose interest and jump ship to a new game. If anything, Agent of Change should be reduced in cooldown, not doubled.

7. Luclin Changes - So we are going to have a new expansion release and then not be able to do the content in that expansion for 3 weeks unless we manage to do it with the previous expansions gear, levels, and AAs. How does this make any sense or create any enjoyment for the players?

Additionally - The missing ingredient in all of this is an increased experience gain server. At the moment every single server has their experience rate reduced to a crawl. Why are we not see Selos, FV, or some other form of increased experience gain to help those who are not hardcore gain more enjoyment from their time logged in.
  13. Azzlann Elder

It's all nonsense
  14. Kahna Augur

What, on earth, would make you think for even a split second that some rando on the forums knows what the ruleset is.
    Shalom likes this.
  15. Karne New Member

Because if you look at the decisions for TLPs they have made in recent years... it lines up with something they would do.
  16. Kahna Augur

Don't borrow trouble by getting all worked up over something some rando troll spouted.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What evidence is there to support this? What is there to even test with the calendar system? If they need to test it they would do it on beta not the test server which is there to test things for the upcoming live patch.

The test server is there to test for the upcoming live patch and they would be doing test calendar stuff on the beta server not the test server.
  18. Zansobar Augur

We know it's incorrect because it has incorrect dates for launches of TLP servers. So just from that we can infer the other data could all just be incorrect too and it's just placeholder data to test something with the calendar on Test. Or it could be an early April's Fool joke.
    Shalom likes this.
  19. Ayoheee Augur

So disappointing. @devs can we please for the love of god frontload LDoN in the PoP era and shorten it in general? Fippy Darkpaw came out > 13 years ago and still every server you've launched since then has had a worse PoP->LoY->LDoN unlock schedule.
    Azzlann likes this.
  20. Tuco Augur

They are launching two server rulesets, one with a challenging ruleset and one with a more casual ruleset (that also has FTE). Many people want to just log in, stomp mobs, collect loot and win. Many others want to earn it a bit more and compete in an open-world setting.