Sudden Overseer Failures

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Marton, Mar 4, 2024.

1. Marton Augur

I've been doing overseer every 12 hours on my silver accounts.

For years, got maybe 1 failure per month.

I now get at least 1, sometimes 2 failures every run I do.

As a fan of conspiracy theories, I would say that devs listened to people who constantly complained that leveling with OS is too easy and nerfed it.

Does anyone have any other explanation?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

you have bad juju/rng
  3. Bernel Augur

I haven't noticed that kind of failure rate. The failure rate is higher if you finish the quest early rather than let it go to the end. Here are my quest stats. They always get reset, but what it has for me looks normal.

[IMG]

One thing that gets mentioned with Overseer problems is to make sure the time on your computer is accurate.
    Svann2 likes this.
  4. Marton Augur

I'm not finishing quests early so that's not it.

Time on my pc is accurate.
  5. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I'm not getting as many failures as you are, but I had been wondering why I am seeing more failures now than in the past, before the last big patch. I've gotten them on my All Access accounts as well as the Silver.
  6. Brickhaus Augur

I assume you are not having the same characters logged in to the game for 12+ hours straight, especially while the Overseers window is open. That's usually the easiest way for me to have failures appear.

Are the failures "normal" failures, or are all your agents disappearing from the bottom part so you are failing because you have "no agents" on the quest?

I've noticed that the no agent failures have started to creep up ... I'm seeing at least 1 every few days over 10 accounts when it was a much rarer occurrence last year.
    Kaenneth and Tatanka like this.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Not sure how I have every category maxed and yet have only done 12 quests. But 0 failures. Maybe there is a bug.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yeah, that's been the only times I've had failures in recent months...when the agents just vanish.

I've also had nearly an identical number of successes (some critical) from quests where the agents disappear, so it's definitely an equal opportunity bug.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

That's the explanation I've always heard. I've never seen this issue, but I never play for more than 1-2 hours. Next Overseer for me is always tomorrow.

When we had threads talking about this in the past, that always seemed to be the common denominator. Those seeing these types of failures were staying logged in the whole time.
  10. Marton Augur

Correct. I'm logging my alt in every 12 hours.
    Rijacki likes this.
  11. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I've seen failures on an account I log in for Overseers than back out entirely and also on the accounts I switch to a bazaar mule after doing Overseers whether I have used offline selling or leave the account logged in.

I have also seen an occasional 6 completed missions in the current, usually a day or two after I've had a failed mission.
  12. fransisco Augur

I honestly thought failure was impossible until mid february. I got my first failure ever
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

But are you logged in the whole time, and just switching to the alt every 12 hours?

Overseer is account+server based, so if you're still logged in, on the same account and server, I can see this being part of the issue.
  14. Marton Augur

No, not logged in the whole time.

Now that they admitted to changing exp from old missions, I'm inclined to believe that OS also got 'adjusted'.
    Rijacki likes this.
  15. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Wow, that's harsh. I haven't done Overseer in about 3 months now, makes me not eager to try it again :(
  16. Nennius Curmudgeon

And Overseer is still a really quick and nearly painless way to get easy exp. A few failures now and again does not change that.
  17. Thunderkiks Augur

Same here. I have used Overseer since the beginning on 6 accounts across 3 servers and hardly ever seen a failure. In the last few days now I have had 2. Both on 24 hour quests.
  18. Marton Augur

2 or more failures every 24h is more then 20 %.
  19. KarmaKitty Augur

I have not seen failures in the past few weeks (normal).
    I have a few "extra" finished task show up (echos). Not common/not totally unusual, but free XP.

As for finishing early, let it run for an hour or so before buying it off. Mostly eliminates failure when
    finishing early. When I attempted buying them off within 10-15 minutes of starting it was mostly
    failures.
  20. Svann2 The Magnificent

88/0 on the account that is still doing them daily.