Tormax and Teek servers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by jeskola, Mar 5, 2024.

1. fransisco Augur

Do a tss server. Totally new level up path. Something no one has memorized and has done 10 times.
    TLP Addict, Lejaun and Gindainy like this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Tormax seems like a strange choice of name for a Kunark start server, I would have expected a Velious start with that name.

Surely there is 2 NPCs in Kunark worthy of having a server named after them.

If we are starting in Kunark, I need to rethink my first char and her levelling path. I've never done much in Kunark and I want to do both the shaman and the SK quests.

I guess I have some reading up to do while I'm on vacation next week.
  3. Mashef Augur

2 things we know from this post...

1) a potential server name and starting point of kunark..if any credibility - decent start to avoid classic dullness...if it holds true..

and

2) tuco had a nice troll post. Extra whale ticket was gold
    code-zero, Shalom and Tyranthraxus like this.
  4. Mashef Augur

Teek is an interesting name choice...the only Teek in EQ I am aware of is the guy who does daily hot zone quests in POK....is there another Teek? Seems odd to name a server after a NPC probably most TLP players are not familiar with...all previous TLPs were somewhat recognizable names
  5. i<3tacos New Member

I like this with the exception of AoC double.. I can't do sweaty open world raiding anymore TOO OLD
    Dre. likes this.
  6. Tuco Augur

Twice as long. 9 day lockouts. For this server if you want it, out-sweat another group and earn it in open-world, otherwise you can get your gerbil pellet every week or two.

Yes it'd blow big chunks.
  7. Tharvog Elder

Hmm based on this SS were getting an early April classic start with one month unlock like normal or they are just loading the server early and keeping it locked until May 20th to make it easy to do a Kunark start.
  8. JKGrizz New Member

Kunark start sounds great
    25 cap with incremental increase weekly? is this wow (SoD ref)? hopefully this one's just speculation - i don't enjoy moderation
    rec/req level decrease on items sounds ok
    mischief loot, cool
    double spawn rate, cool
    4x open world spawn rate, cool
    aoc doubled? meh, like i said i don't enjoy moderation
    luclin+ aa/exp delay? why?

Don't get me wrong, i'm taking this with a grain of salt. Just wanted to put my 2 cents in :p
  9. Shamoo New Member

I thought TLP unlocks were on Thursdays , I can’t check myself but is this still on test? Cause photoshopping a blank calendar day is probably easy for those that know how
  10. Verrix New Member

I checked Test myself about 2 hours ago and confirm there are calendar entries for Teek and Tormax starting on May 20, 2024 and periodic expansion unlocks thru March 2025.
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Zansobar Augur

TLP launches do not occur on Mondays.
    Shalom and Leorium like this.
  12. Leorium The Fluffy Wolf

My bet is early announcement on EQs actual anniversary and an early Classic TLP start in April possibly. I know the roadmap said May launch, but they never put TLP server launches on the calendar. Only the expansion unlocks.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I would find it more likely that the calendar is wrong over the roadmap.
    Shalom and Azzlann like this.
  14. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Wow. Unless everyone in this thread is being sarcastic, it's rather easy to blow massive holes in any of the 'announcements' cited. The Calendar is the easiest of all to debunk as a photoshopped illusion.

The calendar page in the post above purports to be from May. But the in-game calendar is completely blank for the last half of the month. The posted calendar shows HH events in the last part of the month as well as the two purported servers. HH is in June. If you look at the 20 June 2024 day in the real calendar, it shows two unlocks for Oakwynd. 20 June is on a Thursday, the normal days for unlocks on TLPs. 20 May is on a Monday. But, even the HH stuff is not correct for 2024. I'm not sure what year they used the June days from to make their May that they posted. But, it is 100% a 'shopped creation. Just look in game at the real calendar.
  15. Verrix New Member

Check on the Test server.
    Yinla and Barton-Vox like this.
  16. Arclyte Augur

EQ news reporting is less trustworthy than The Rivervale Times
    Azzlann and Rijacki like this.
  17. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I really don't think that's needed 'cause unless they're moving HH to May when it has been in June for years. HH is currently on the Live in-game calendar for June with the end of May completely blank. Or did you miss that clue?
  18. Verrix New Member

I mean, I don't know what to tell you, lol. I am logged into Test right now and that full May calendar that was posted earlier is 100% what is currently on Test. You can easily log in and validate it yourself.

To add more fuel to all this, here's a screenshot of the August calendar on Test:

[IMG]
  19. Zish Elder

3 months between expansion unlocks would make this server DOA.
  20. Arclyte Augur

3 months of classic and kunark doesnt sound too bad

3 months of just classic was pretty bad on earlier servers :\