This is a rip off!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Mar 4, 2024.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

But you can claim the free DBC and make that purchase on any server.
  2. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Try to purchase a LoN pack on Oakwynd or Agnarr.

Plus, if you're getting a LoN pack because you want one of the "cool" items like a mount but get a potion pack instead, it's entirely disingenuous to think "but you could have purchased that LoN on another server".
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Yes, that goes back to my earlier post saying I wasn't sure what expansion you needed for those packs. It doesn't matter that they come as an item in your inventory when you can make that purchase on any server that has them unlocked.
  4. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Yes, it does matter.

If I want a mount on FV, a Live server, and get a LoN pack with the hope I get a "good" item but it's another Ping's Potion box with potions that are completely useless on FV. How does it help me that I could have made that purchase on Vanikki? I cannot pass the potion to Vanikki where it "might" be more useful. It is "stuck" with my character on FV.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That goes back to what I said at the start. The rewards for it are the same as when they got released. There is no reason to expect that the odds of getting a mount are better just because the value of the potion rewards is now nothing.
  6. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

The point is that the potion rewards have an extremely diminished value. Like items available on the Overseer and Loyalty merchants had a lot more value when they were first added and now are of marginal value, the LoN pack items need a refresh to retain the value they once had.The price hasn't changed, the odds haven't changed, the value of most items you get, due to those odds, has diminished.
    Agrippa likes this.
  7. Sieya_Mizuno New Member

I did look at changing the race for one of my characters the other day and thought $25 was a bit steep for that.
  8. Muramx Augur

DB bought the game and the first thing they did was take down LoN, which everyone loved and you could get cool stuff to trade and new things would come out with new LoN content... They replaced it with the marketplace. All the "LoN decks" and heritage crates are just them bringing in gambling and saying the odds suck you will get a mount but pay us $14 and you can have this shiny armor that looks like trash. (Whoever designed the armor needs to be fired...)
  9. Grau Elder

Omens of War has 16, 18, 20, and 24 slot bags for doing the hunter stuff. I got the 20 slot bag on mischief almost by accident. GoD has 12, 14, and 16 slot bags. I think those are the first 2 expansions where bags show up for hunter stuff now.
  10. Alkyvret Nature's Boiling Wrath Enthusiast

... or, just, don't buy them :)
    Most things from the DB store are pretty overpriced, but completely optional.
    Perks? Optional.
    Coin? Like buying plat? Optional (and /raise eyebrows)
    Realistically, you could play this game for free, but paying for a sub and the new expansion is really you need.
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Muramx Augur

I think more like how loyalty tokens you can buy bags of plat. But it's only offered when you claim your points. The bag of plat size you get depends on where the server is at. So a fresh TLP you get like 5k but a live server you get 100k
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

But you are getting exactly what is advertised and complaining about it.
  13. Bilderov Augur

When I subscribed, I just took the 500DB cash and got the things I wanted like the hero forge? stuff and the lvl 100 boost (which I never used in the end).

Once I had those, I just treated the 500DB cash as a lottery each month. I got a few things that got me a few million plat in the bazaar every now and then, but mostly it was crap. I tried not to let it get to me to much though.
    Nennius likes this.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

While they may not be able to claim them at the start, they can claim them after X expansion. I know I have some LON rewards in my /claim.

If they LON rewards went in /claim I could claim them on a server where they are useful (once they unlock). While I want Illusions on live, potions I want on my current TLP servers.

I won't purchase on either server as I cannot guarntee to have the win items on the server I want them on. The same with crates. So Daybreak gets no cash at all from me.
    Rijacki likes this.