This is a rip off!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Mar 4, 2024.

1. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

500 free coin per month for DB and an option is to use it on a discounted purchase for the Legend of Oathbreaker.
    So, I chose to do that.
    The reward was a sword ornament ( old outdated ) and a potion box.

Now one issue is we don't have space for another bag/container (like making gear) so we have to pop our summon bank.. trade stuff around.. to be able to open this potion box.

Once I did that, I received Potion of Barbs. A damage shield potion that is no trade.

It doesn't stick on my current damage shield buffs I have on. Whatever is blocking it, it is old and outdated.

I honestly feel I just got ripped off on some stupid old ornament, and a potion that doesn't stick.

As a veteran player with raid gear and raid buffs Jann's ect, I feel you need to go through this pos option in the DB store for our $5.00 worth of coin I just lost.

Get your act together.

And, $40 for a 46 slot bag? 4499 coin ( 4049 w/ discount ) Storied Rucksack..
    Really?

What the heck is happening with this game!

This game is getting to be too expensive.

Add up all the crap I pay for kronos subs perks coin..
    and $1500 to attend To Be Announced gather ?

On one toon right now I can't even run around pok without the world not loaded every turn I take.

Fix the game.
    Fenthen, Andarriel and Tyranthraxus like this.
  2. Mesc No $$$ Until the Experience is put back on Mobs!!!

Fix the Game and put the Experience back where it belongs. On. The. Mobs.
  3. Iven the Lunatic

A good mixture based on spend time and work would be better so everyone can play his/her style. As grinding mobs is the most work and the classic EQ experience, that mode should reward more experience than other modes, like quests and HAs.
    Tyranthraxus likes this.
  4. Candystore Augur

If a game has microtransactions, I won't even consider playing it.

If I had known Everquest would have ended up with a store where they would end up selling inventory space for $40, I would have never even started playing the game.

If you have $40 to spend, spend it on a few games on GOG. Not only will you get more enjoyment from it, you will also not be harassed with microtransactions, forced online requirements, subscriptions or DRM.
    Andarriel likes this.
  5. Hegsheoshed Augur

I stopped using the 500 DB for the LoN packs a long time ago because of getting bad pulls. This also made having a sub less important since the bad pulls were like getting kicked in the unmentionables. Opened 2 packs in a row and received the Guild Standard thing or whatever it was called from each pack with some non proc ornaments. It pretty much killed my desire to get the packs anymore and just let it accrue each month. Had the much sought after Teir'Dal Plate armor ornament pack. It disappeared during a death on the character holding it. I remember some unable to grant item message multiple times in the chat window on that character after that death that had me puzzled. By the time I realized what it was the time window for sending a petition had long passed by a month or so and I was disregarded and disappointed.
    Fenthen likes this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They really need to remove the useless junk from the LON packs. Better still just sell the items players want in the shop.
    Barton-Vox and FYAD like this.
  7. Alnitak Augur

FYAD likes this.
  8. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

How do you get any bags bigger than 10 slots in game on an early era TLP?
    Agrippa likes this.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Rexa likes this.
  10. Alnitak Augur

Easy, don't play on TLP.
    Iven, Shea, Fenthen and 1 other person like this.
  11. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

So limited to 14 slot max until Underfoot and then only a single 30-slot for killing ALL named in the entire Underfoot expansion. Underfoot unlocks on Oakwynd in Nov 2025, about 2.5 years after Oakwynd was opened.

The 14-slot PoP bag is from Raiding and is Lore.

The 14-slot GoD bag is related to a quest but craftable, 'Zam doesn't have info if it's lore, but GoD unlocks on Oakwynd just under a year after the server opened.

The 12-slot SoF bag is also related to a quest and is Lore. SoF opens on Oakwynd roughly 2 years after the server opened.

So, yes, there are a scant few larger than 10-slot bags available in the early eras, but to imply someone is not wanting to just play the game is pretty sketch.
    Agrippa and Nennius like this.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I did not imply anything.

I offered a partial list of possible options. There are more out there.

I could care less if players want to buy bags or not and was posting as a help.
  13. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

It wasn't you implying it, sorry, should have made that clear. It was the one that I was originally replying to with the query about "larger" bags. Their response of "don't play on TLP" is very telling anyway.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  14. fransisco Augur

Is the OP upset that a lootbox is a bad investment?
    Theres a reason lootboxes are actually illegal in some countries
    Agrippa, Nennius and Rijacki like this.
  15. Nennius Curmudgeon

And the fact that a lootbox in EQ might NOT give you what you want is actually pretty well known. Caveat emptor.
    fransisco likes this.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Are the rewards from those LoN packs different from what the gave back when they got introduced to the game? The main issue is that the potions are pretty much worthless on the live game because the game has changed from when they got introduced.
    Rijacki likes this.
  17. fransisco Augur

No rewards have changed. They are just selling the origial lootboxes ... errrm... "decks".
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

But couldn't you claim them on any server?
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Yep, which means that the items received are exactly what was advertised.

Not sure what expansions the TLP servers need to be on in order to claim them but pretty sure they can't claim them at the start.
  20. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

LoN "rewards" don't go into your claim, they go into the character inventory. So you cannot purchase them on a Live server and transfer the potion packs to a TLP where they might be more useful.

LoN packs are not sold on early era TLP. I'm not sure when they become available since they're not available on Oakwynd or Agnarr, but are available on Vanikki.
    Agrippa likes this.