Stealth nerfs?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Feb 23, 2024.

1. Lilura Augur

I'm noticing something strange lately and I want to see if it's just me or if there's something to this.

1) Exp from the TOV heroic missions is terrible. I used to get from 110 to 113 doing those four. Now I'm lucky to get to 111.

2) named have stopped dropping Crystalized Restless Ore. I have killed seven named and seal the and not one ore. It was never like that. It had maybe a 50% drop rate. Now it's zero

Is anyone else experiencing this?
    Bobokin, Ibadan Kun'Tirel and Dre. like this.
  2. Spacemonkey555 Augur

The xp from the tov missions is listed in the achievement. You probably did it last during a xp bonus weekend and went from 110.9 to 113.1 vs 110.0 to 111.6 or something similar.
    On the ores, 7 is an insignificant sample size. If they nerf those, I’d expect them to nerf mission drops first as griklor gives a pair for a tiny expenditure of time and effort,
    Paladin and fransisco like this.
  3. Gialana Augur

I don't remember the drop rate of the ore from named. I'm pretty sure I got most of mine from mission chests.

As for the experience, according to the reward previews, ToV Hero achievements are worth 53.85% level experience at level 110 on servers without experience bonuses. So if you start at 0% into level 110, you should be level 111 and a bit with 2 heroic achievements. At level 111, the achievements are worth 38.54% level experience. So earning the 3rd and 4th heroic achievements should get you close to level 112. That would also get you the paragon achievement, which is worth 49.55% level experience at 111 and 41.40% at level 112.

This means that if you were to start at level 110.00, I'd expect you'd get somewhere between 112.25 and 112.40 just from the achievement experience. Or if you started at 110.99, then you should get closer to 112.80.

These numbers are only for the first time you complete the missions. You can check the date on your characters achievements window to make sure you didn't complete one of the mission achievements earlier. Also, the numbers don't include the smaller amount of experience you get from killing npcs in the missions and from opening the chest. They also assume no deaths, which would only decreases the numbers by a little bit per death with a 96% rez.

A final thing you can check is your rewards window. The achievement for Hero of Eastern Wastes goes to the reward window since it rewards an item, Luminous Restless Ice. Until you claim it, you won't get the included experience.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I posted about this about a year ago. I went from the same starting point (about 50% drop rate), and then we hit the Extra Life bonus period in Nov. '22, where they dropped like candy. After that was over, I went about 50 names in a row without seeing a single ore drop. Finally gave up, and learned to box Griklor, and got the rest of the ores I needed that way.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. Geko Elder

I can confirm the tasks were stealth nerfed. I have used the TOV tasks to lvl 100's to 110 well over 50 times. If you have a lvl 100 character with 1% exp into lvl 100 ... the lvling was as follows.
    Griklor: 100 --> 104.5
    Kael: 104.5 --> 106.XX
    Velks: 106.XX --> 108.75
    GD + Champion achievement: 108.75 --> 20% into 110.
    During xp bonus you could push 100 to 112 off these 4 tasks.

Today I did griklor on a lvl 100 that had 75% into lvl 100.... the task gave 189% ( not even 2 lvls )
    They seem to have cut the xp gains by more than 1/2.
  6. Gimle New Member

It's not just ToV missions, it's all experience. I *think* what may be happening is that it is now siphoning some of the original experience reward as mercenary experience reward, whether or not you use a mercenary.
  7. Alnitak Augur

I've checked the "reward" of Hero achievement from ToV missions with alts of different levels.
    Here is what I've found:
    Level 115 alt shows 19.x% of the level toward 116 for Hero of Tov. Same for ToL. It's the same as it used to be before.
    Level 100 alt shows 2 levels for Hero.
    It used to be 4+ level at 100 indeed.
    So, what was nerfed - experience per level needed at 100-110, or have they adjusted formula for Hero experience reward, so it is reduced down to scale the levels below intended?
    Considering the empirical data point that TBM mobs lvl 106-107 used to give about 0.9% per kill at level 100 a while ago, and these days they typically give 0.4-0.5% per kill (my recent PL effort in TBM when a couple lvl 100 alts were PL'd by level 125 mage), it appears that DPG did "stealth nerf" of leveling in the range 100-110 by increasing the amount of experience needed per level.
    Hero experience rewards in TOV,ToL,LS seem to remain the same for appropriate higher levels. Reduction happened only for lower level characters.
  8. Dre. Altoholic

Large one-time awards should not be affected by bonus experience imo. Players should be rewarded for completing the tasks, not when they do it.
  9. fransisco Augur

Imagine playing characters instead of just sitting in the GL opening chests for them....
  10. Allayna Augur

Imagine moving goal posts. Making it harder for people than it was originally...

Imagine launching a new expansion with a feature called personas and not only not being able to use these pathways to level, but having experience per mob stealth nerfed.
    Shea, Bobokin, Thundersnake and 3 others like this.
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

jeskola, Goranothos, Allayna and 2 others like this.
  12. fransisco Augur

I think they should just put exp back on mobs - either in missions or normal world. The chest thing is kinda dumb.
    Buds, bbanz, Goranothos and 7 others like this.
  13. kain200 Augur

Confirmed by Meeko over in the bug forum. It was an intentional nerf in the December update, not a bug.
  14. fransisco Augur

Fenthen and FYAD like this.
  15. Marton Augur

It should but it isn't.

Nerfing missions to make leveling more annoying is an odd way how to keep EQ players engaged.
  16. Velisaris_MS Augur

Just a reminder...they didn't "take xp off" mobs post 110. They just made the levels 111+ INCREDIBLY massive, with regard to how much xp is needed to get through them (every level is now a hell level on steroids). THAT is the change they need to revert. There's nothing wrong with how much xp the mobs are giving...just how much you need per level.
  17. FYAD Augur

This is the important bit. The cap is on the amount of xp that can be earned on a single chest opening or achievement. The base xp gain is unchanged, you just need to be higher level than 100 like the OP was trying. TOV was a 111-115 expansion so it's understandable that they snuff out the sort of power leveling tactic described by the OP since I'm sure the level 100 character didn't participate in the mission, they just got task added once the mission was over.
    fransisco likes this.
  18. fransisco Augur

Your splitting hairs. They made it so that killing mobs doesn't yield exp. Different way to do the same thing. Mobs should give the exp, chests the loot.
    Ibadan Kun'Tirel likes this.
  19. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Yes, and no.

Leveling is not the only thing XP is used for. It's also used for AAs. Since those progress just fine, the finer point you're referring to is actually important. They didn't nerf ANY XP from mobs. Just how much is required to level.
    Velisaris_MS and Rijacki like this.
  20. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

My concern is folks returning to the game trying to catch up. So even if they get a group for those missions they get less exp then the rest of us did when groups were far easier because it was current content.

I really don't get the changes they make to exp now or past times they meddled with it.