TLP idea ... no krono, anything goes.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by shaggster, Feb 23, 2024.

1. Grimblekin Journeyman

Every Krono in the economy is ~18 bucks invested in Darkpaw that pays for keeping this game running.

I'm all for keeping the game well funded and running. Not having Krono on a TLP makes no sense financially for the game.
  2. Sakuraba Augur

Krono is fine, the fact that it is used as a plat-alternative IS something to begrudge but there's no other method to make it work. I would argue that it should work more akin to WoW token, where it's price is set in stone based on the average plat on the server, but that would really only work in the absence of dupes and other issues, the fact that Kronos are shared between multiple games being chief among them. So it's really a non-starter there.

Any new monetization model, however, that excludes purchases like exp potions, would have to wait for a new game...and as someone mentioned EQ or EQ2 would have to die to make the new game make sense lol.
  3. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

After the Oakwynd Depot fiasco where it was deemed only 0.22% excess plat in the economy after clean up, I won't want Krono price based on "plat in server" by DPG. They will price it at millions from second month :p

Not to mention the whole 2 mil Max thing in baz.

And yes, that depot circus in Oakwynd will always be a scar for me!
  4. Stune Augur

They should ban Krono, only used on Official to activate accounts for the month. Maybe used later on 85+ Otherwise it is just rinse and repeat krono farmers.
  5. Stune Augur

LOL what you don't know. I'll let you figure it out, if you don't have all the facts.
  6. code-zero Augur

Why don't you explain it to everyone?

You likely don't know what you think you know and believe things that aren't true but makes you feel good
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  7. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Every Krono is bought from DPG the first time. I'll let you figure it out in the context of the post you quoted.

Take your time. Remember there are wrong answers and dumb questions.
  8. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

He is confusing Krono resale through 3rd party sites, and didn't understand the post he quoted (How to not understand a basic statement issued beyond me).
    code-zero likes this.
  9. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Why? You do know majority of TLP players aren't Krono farmers right?
  10. Slik New Member

right. you have a 25 year old game with a small dedicated playerbase, where dev's are still creating new content....and your looking at options to reduce game revenue. #getreal
  11. Sakuraba Augur

That was my point. Literally said "That would only work in the absence of dupes or other issues". Dupes as well as how plat farming works on a basic level make it impossible to really argue for a "Plat in the server" situation, here.

We can give WoW crap for a lot of things, but the staff there aren't exactly afraid to stamp out exploits ASAP nor are they unwilling to rollback exploiters, for better or worse.
    Manafasto likes this.
  12. Mashef Augur

What new perspective do you want? Someone to agree with you?

EQ has ran like a dozen TLP - anyone who was ever interested in coming back has already come back once or twice already. The game isn't attracting hardly any new players at this point. It's already to slow and grindy even for the grizzled veterans who are now pushing 40 to 55 years of age.

I would venture the majority of players who have come back and played the game of at least being even a casual raider but nonetheless pushing content in era has accrued some amounts of krono.

A server catering to at most a couple hundred ultra casual players that login in 2 or 3x a week for 2 hour sessions isn't exactly the revenue stream for DPG you think it is.

Most people keep coming back at this point because it's free 2 play for us with kronos. Other people like to buy kronos to get a leaping off point. Most people aren't looking to have 200p at lvl 50 and having to grind hill giants for 17 days to buy a piece of gear.
    code-zero likes this.
  13. Xerzist Augur

100% all for it. Two servers, same rulesets, one Kronos allowed, one Sub only.
  14. Xerzist Augur

Revenue is easy. Two prog servers, same rulesets, one sub only with increased monthly fee (for a more classic feel) and no Kronos, other with Kronos allowed.

Not so difficult. Imagine that.
  15. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Completely ignoring that krono is not managed by Everquest or Everquest 2 or Planetside 2.

removing it from the game when it is actually not part of the game is not so easy...lol
    Rijacki likes this.
  16. Xerzist Augur

I don't believe for a second there isn't a way to do it.
  17. Gibbity New Member

You can say "no krono" all you want.
    People will just complete the trade for the item and the trade for the krono on another server at the same time with 2 accounts. Especially the ones who would want to abuse it the worst anyway. All you're really doing is hurting the 'normal' people who want to buy one to sell for some easy plat.
    Mashef and code-zero like this.
  18. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Here's the thing...you do not have to believe it for it to be true...LMAO

Not only would stopping krono from a single server in a single game be more than just difficult...There is ZERO incentive for DBG to do so....They actually like that they sell krono in mass quantities at launch of an annual server.....lol
    Mashef and Rijacki like this.
  19. Xerzist Augur

No sweat off my back. I just won't play. Kronos ruined EQ. They could just raise the sub cost for a server like that to counter Kr loss. Always a way.
  20. Kahna Augur

I will never understand why people think kronos "ruin" the game. If you don't like them don't use them. There is literally zero impact on your personal gameplay if you choose not to use them. You can 100% still go out on literally any TLP with any ruleset and go loot all of your gear the old fashioned way. I have done it on basically every TLP they have rolled out. You can still buy items for plat if you can't get what you want. You can literally play the game without ever interacting with krono at all.

And if you are about to go off on some rant about people monopolizing spawns or boxing large groups those people would still be doing exactly what they are doing if kronos didn't exist.

I suppose you could just be one of those people who can't stand the idea that there are people out there playing the game in a manner you don't approve of.
    Mashef and Rijacki like this.