Can we double the price of subs and Krono?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Feb 28, 2024.

1. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

It absolutely would. You’d stop playing your 25 year old character with all your past achievements and items over $10/month more over a year? You can see examples of this all across gaming. People will still pay and play.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Sure some would stay but you also have people who would leave for a newer and cheaper game. As more people do that the number of people staying would get lower.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Heh heh. No. And again if DB thought that would work it would have been done long ago.

First you underestimate the amount of players who box on all subbed accounts. Many would join the others who only pay for their tank. Then on TLP you have the boxers there going from 60 a month to 120 a month or there abouts. A lot more box subbed teams then folks think and that would dry up.

In game krono would become very high demand. Great for those of us holding on to a stack but in game krono prices would more then double... not sure how much more but I would expect more then double. And the same with third parties selling them. More folks trying to farm plat would likely mean a saturate markets with sellables. Fewer players buying or selling kronos.

Then lets look at the aging playerbase. While that has generally meant deeper pockets more are at in in retirement where folks look at their spending. On Live servers folks buy expansions. I can't speak for all but for myself I have been seriously considering going from an expansion per year to only buying leveling expansions.

Where are all these examples of gaming companies doubling the cost of subs? Sorry I just do not see it.

Tell me are you sitting on a mountain of krono? That is the only reason I can see anyone trying to push the idea folks would sit by for a double in sub costs.
    mercury890, Sprooce, Marton and 2 others like this.
  4. uberkingkong Augur

Yep.

Palworld MMORPG, when some company makes the right game, people want, booms. Exodus.

The only social platform missing?
    Video game creation platform.

A ton of people can make video games, its just getting together and get it done.
    Pretty much what Palworld did and 29 million with M sold within a month.
    People with no coding knowledge picked coding doing good things. People got together made a game and 29M units sold.
    $30 x 29mil
    870 million $$$$ earned.
    They have 29 million people can return, they own the game so if expansion comes out, thats a lot of people considering Palworld expansion pack or something.

$30 cheaper than EQ expansion.
    Runescape people everywhere, its active game.
    EQ goto crothus creep empty, goto icefall glacier, empty. Empty empty empty. LFG that too, empty.
  5. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

You say all that but EQ defies logical thought, and if people want to play it they will, and pay for it. The EQ audience has never been opposed to spending money regardless of quality or quantity.
  6. Marton Augur

Yes.
  7. Marton Augur

I'm at this point myself.

My Alts already are on leveling expansions schedule.

My Main still gets all; most likely it will change this year.
  8. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

You’ll be back. You’re not going to stay gone over $10.
  9. Marton Augur

Lol.

The game makes me unhappy. I don't intend to pay more to be unhappy so yes, I would stay away over $10/month.
  10. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Why would you pay anything to be unhappy?
    Nennius likes this.
  11. Svann2 The Magnificent

No.
    Barton-Vox and Nennius like this.
  12. Geko Elder

This post is silly. EverQuest is EG7's highest profit game. The lack of resource development has nothing to do with the price of EverQuest sub.

Currently EverQuest players are subsidizing other EG7 games that are unable to turn a profit.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Scila like this.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

There is a difference between spending the same as other MMO's and spending more then other modern MMO's, sure some will stay around for a while but people will start leaving because of the increased costs.
    Rijacki likes this.
  14. Svann2 The Magnificent

Id feel insulted by a doubling in price.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Rijacki like this.
  15. Smokezz The Bane Crew

You're being hilariously illogical. People are very price sensitive. Making EQ the most expensive MMO out there, and the one with the least content would most certainly make people walk away. It would be the final straw.
    mercury890, Rijacki and Nennius like this.
  16. Marton Augur

My patience has its limits.

I tolerate what daybreak is doing now. Increasing subscription prices would be the last drop.
  17. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

We’re not talking about people in general. We’re talking about gamers and they’re illogical and mostly price insensitive. Especially, gamers that have been playing the same game for 20+ years.

EQ has eroded away the hardcore audience and they don’t respond to prices the same way other audiences would.
  18. Smokezz The Bane Crew

What are you talking about? People that play video games are gamers. As someone said in a different thread, there are people that take it more seriously than others, but they're all gamers. You crank up the price and we'll find some other game to play.
    Rijacki likes this.
  19. Xerzist Augur

I can hear the RMTs now.... "bro, we have 5675 Kronos and the price just raised to $30/krono"

TO THE MOON!
  20. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Basically we have totally different opinions. But your must be right and DB just doesn't double prices with no blow back.as you state because they are nice folks. DB has the most data and my suggestion was if they thought it would be as easy as you say they would have done it.