Give us an Era Locked Server [OOW/DON]

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xeris, Feb 4, 2024.

1. jeskola pheerie

Im glad you experienced the weird version of EQ that is vaniki up to 100 and only found HOT pleasing. Vaniki isn't really a litmus test with all its strange rules., I am willing to bet you are in a tiny minority. Most would prefer to not be locked. its a forced restriction that doesn't make a lot of sense. comparisons of Agnarr population to recent Live and TLP servers are the metrics any sensible for-profit company would use and they dont align with locking a server as a specific expansion. On top of that, we still see regular posts from Agnarr devotees begging for further unlocks. Few really want to be locked in the level 70 era forever.
  2. Xeris Augur

Literally the only unlock people on Agnarr ask for is the one I'm asking for. And the reasons are as I've described. I know this because I play on Agnarr actively and have done so since Day 1 of the server.

You can comment about the servers population all you want, but the fact that it's 7 years old and it's population is higher today than it was 2 years ago, 1 year ago, shows that there's actually a lot of people that enjoy locked servers. I'm not arguing that a locked server is gonna be more popular than a live server, or that Agnarr is going to compete in population with a newly released TLP, that's obvious.

My point is here that there's a decent number of people who enjoy the locked server experience, for reasons I've clearly outlined, and surely others. There's a demand for an oow lock. Most Agnarr players would prefer it. Nobody can know what does or doesn't make sense for DBG, since they have data we dont.

This is why there's a super easy option. If it's not feasible to make a new server that's locked- they can just open Agnarr to oow/don. Nobody who doesn't play on the server is impacted, aka why would you care; and everyone on Agnarr currently will benefit from it. On top of this, many people who want this era lock (such as a few old guild mates) would come back for this era.

Aka there's a way to give the people what they want without negatively impact in any other player.
    Popknot and Chyron like this.
  3. uberkingkong Augur

2005 is DoN
    2010 is HOT

So basically the last 14 years haven't produced anything worth being locked at that time?

You also mention, people taking breaks and coming back.

So to the breaks and coming back, part of it is, is there gonna be people to play with at early levels.
    The other part is starting fresh. After 2 years or a year or earlier, that fresh feeling is gonna go away.

I like DoD, it has shrouds, and the missions/quests are rewarding, and they reward everyone.
    You do a 69.1, finish it, everyone has an item on their cursor. A useful item too.
    There are fun timesinks in DoD too.
    DoD has shrouds too.

Speaking of Shrouds, a Shroud focused TLP would do better than era locked TLP in regards to people coming back and if they have people to play with them.

Player lvl 70 cannot be lvl 15 in a snap.
    A shroud lvl 65, can go be a shroud lvl 15. Now they can play with those new people.

Shroud focused is your comfortable being a shroud, the game wants you to keep playing as a shroud.
    Shrouds can bounce whatever level. They can fill whatever role.

Alternate Personas 20 years too late.
    The goal or purpose was what, a person can change the roles and hopefully more LFG?
    LFG system still crickets.

Shroud system before, there is a tank shroud. There is a healer shroud.
    Shrouds have been here, been working forever.
    Seems like developers forgot about it, and spent a whole doing it all over again, but Shrouds in the long run is better. Should have spent a whole year on making shrouds better, rather than work on AP.

Everything was already there, there was no real need to go spend tons of work on AP, you have Shrouds they do exactly whatever they was hoping for with AP.

Unlike AP, That lvl 120 cleric, cannot poof into a lvl 15 cleric.
    Shrouds is better. Period.

Shroud focused instead of era focused TLP is better for those case studies you mentioned.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

A lot of this has to do with players not liking the servers launched in the last couple of years.

I could live with the server going to DoN if it didn't include GoD & OoW. As it does include those I prefer it to stay at PoP/LDoN.
  5. Xeris Augur

Yep Agnarr's pop has grown, partly due to the fact that newer tlps have not been well received.
  6. Xeris Augur

Excited to hear about this era locked TLP next month hue hue