YoDarkpaw March Market

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ferledon, Mar 1, 2024.

1. Nennius Curmudgeon

My birthday is in a few days and I can get a free Mt. Dew Baja Blast Freeze. I will feel spoiled. :) They also keep giving me a senior citizen thingie. Aren't I lucky?
    KarmaKitty, Rijacki and Yinla like this.
  2. Herf Augur

Ooooo, I'm a senior citizen probably. I need to start paying attention more to such discounts.

Sadly I missed my bday this year :(

[edit] Oh. Taco Bell definition of senior is 65. So a few more years. But I'll look forward to it.
    Yinla and Nennius like this.
  3. Febb Augur

Bags are apparently more valuable than expansions. I can buy an entire expansion for $40 but a bag? No sir, someone slaved for 10 minutes to make it, lets set the price up on that guy. There be whales here!

[IMG]
    Dre., Bobokin, Tyranthraxus and 5 others like this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I have been told bags are a TLP thing and since they are the "money makers" for the game they always offer up these bags.

I agree with you, I have so many bags from drops, farming, rewards etc that the last thing I need is another one. And its not like its a really big one either. 2 Bags full of bags in my bank. Lots unclaimed in /claims.
    Yinla and Herf like this.
  5. Herf Augur

Yes they are a TLP thing. On live, as was written earlier, I'm drowning in bags. But on TLPs there's never enough storage.
  6. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

@Angelina I have to agree, some of these recent prices are kinda high. I have some ideas that would bring in revenue, without raising prices or introducing new things.

• Remove the once-per-account purchase restriction on bag packs from the website. Also remove the LORE tag.
    • Add all the mounts available to Live servers on the Marketplace, to the selection for TLP servers.
    • Add in all the bag purchase options that Live servers enjoy, to TLP servers.
    • Remove true Box from all servers, and never implement it again. It was a good idea, and a good attempt to counter bad behavior, but those same people just found workarounds. True Box now only punishes average players that only have one computer, but would otherwise subscribe multiple accounts.
    • Add the resurrection tokens offered with expansion or bag pack purchases to the Marketplace.
    The company acts like the want to make money, but instead of doing some things that are obvious to me, does things with increasingly high prices.
    Dre. likes this.
  7. Iven the Lunatic

If expansion prices would be based on such bags, they would cost as much as a Krono but in dollars.
    About $5,000,000.
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Mind boggling that the bag is priced higher than a expasnion i mean geez!
    Dre. and Yinla like this.
  9. Hegsheoshed Augur

The mask reminded me of the Optigrab from The Jerk.
    Bobokin likes this.
  10. Svann2 The Magnificent

For that price it should have an xp bonus!
    Marton and Andarriel like this.
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I mean if this was a trader bag i would buy 12 of them if they werent lore but for one bag its kinda high.
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

And some bugs. Yum!
    Svann2 likes this.
  13. uberkingkong Augur

Funny.
    I was looking at something, it was the $250 pack thingy.
    x10 exp potions

Those exp potions are junk, unless you on a TLP.
    Know whats funny all these things are only good IF you on a TLP.

Live servers are joke.
    No LFG, nostalgia gone, a joke. Live server players are playing on TLPs too. So Live even more empty.

It's like EQ1 and EQ2.
    The playerbase goes from game to game. Meanwhile another game its just that game, all the playerbase in one area. So the game with all playerbase in one game it feels alive, its good. Compared to the game with 2 different games and hop hop and undecided which to play on and goto a game where it focuses on one thing and all resources focused one thing is better than splitting resources. And the reason why EQ splitted the resources because EQ1 was outta date.
    EQ1 outta date in 2004.
    It's definitely outta date 2024.

EQ the playerbase going from Live to TLP, the vibe is gone. Too much I wonder happened to that person, don't see them on anymore. Oh they on just the new TLP thats why. Oh this game, ugh.
    People move server to server, just like EQ EQ2.
    Dumb. No more vibe.

Runescape shoulda took notes, they did like EQ1 EQ2. Thing is with Runescape they still have their nostalgia. EQ pretty much dumped nostalgia for participation trophy. Wilderness is still wilderness.
    Opposite why EQ players picked EQ over competition, because tough, things that if you failed it meant something EQ dumped its nostalgia. EQ changed it got rid of nostalgia on Live and even TLP somewhat.
    OSRS kept theirs, so even though failed with Runescape2, they still top 20 MMORPG.
    You can't make Runescape2 good if you still got resources working on Runescape1.
    Learn GW2, go all in, don't be doing no dumb moves, like Runescape 2 and 1, EQ2 and 1. Both games failed. Don't be doing no EQ 3 2 1 either or EQ3 EQ1, dumb.
    Failed failed. How many times you gotta fail to realize its not good move?
    Go all in GW2 already showed how its done. GW1 was very popular too. It was #esports popular. GW1 to GW2 very good transition.
  14. Iven the Lunatic

Maybe Nennius is using a senior illusion mask and you don't ? A senior illusion potion (ale) might also help, if you don't have the time to camp that mask. :)
    Nennius likes this.
  15. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Since it looks like that bag is part of the digital bundles for the Live event, I'm wondering if the price on it is so they can justify the insanely high prices of the digital bundles and the in-person ticket.

If bags had an appearance, like the EQ2 backpack back slot items, I could imagine the pricing included a artist's time to develop them.
  16. Ferledon Agnarr Loyalist

Hell for 5/10$ More, just get the Fan Edition for Fippy-Fest. Still get a large bag(Hint, no one is going to stress the 4 less slots) but also you get A hat & Sword ornament, 50% XP pot, and a pet metamorph.

All in all, this months "Purchasable Reward" is a joke. Better off just buying the Fippy Fest ticket for a few bucks more, and getting better rewards. I still stand by my opinion that the bag should have been $25'ish.
    Dre. likes this.
  17. Nennius Curmudgeon

I wish it was only an illusion. The noises I make when I stand up argue against it being an illusion. On the other hand, old people are just cranky, right? At least that's the excuse I'm going with for now.
    Yinla likes this.
  18. uberkingkong Augur

Yep this anniversarry is a joke.

Come back and relive eq. you get nothing but you can give us something. how about giving us $25 how about $50, ok ok how about $100. oooh how about $150. how about $200... ok ok last time, how about giving us $250. Ok now you go enjoy anniversary. It's just towers, enjoy.

Next year.
    Guilt trip 2.0.
    Oooh we are hurting badly everyone. oooh this game is hurting badly this. Consider giving us $300.
    Honestly this game, always in hurting mode. You give em money, next year oooh guilt trip, we need your support. Do you continue this game? We are hurting, if so buy the $350 pack! You get x12 xp potions in it.

EQ3, I'm done go into retirement home, let me work on my kids, aka EQ3. Go into retirement home, you always doing guilt trip. Always gotta feel bad coming back.
    I wanna feel good for once.
    EQ3. My kids. EQ3. I'm tried of visiting and feeling bad. Lemme focus on kids. EQ3.
  19. Iven the Lunatic

Maybe the overpriced offer is only there for that reason, to lure people into buying a "cheap" Fippy Fest fan edition. It is a common trick in marketing doing so, and it is a variant of setting a price anchor.
  20. uberkingkong Augur

Blizzard is doing a lot of milking, EQ is doing a lot milking. These old games, milk milk milk.

I'm with this guy at 56:11
    I'm at point now where I'm so far past getting emotionally invested in a company, its so unhealthy.
    EQ.