Remove Truebox from Agnarr?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vedian, Oct 11, 2023.

1. itiswhatitis Elder

This really isn't a hard task or wouldn't be a major time sink on DB side to justimake this change, at the least do a survey for the people currently on there. Taking off true box and allowing server transfers to servers once GoD is unlocked would result in a lot of accounts being re-activated on that server. Also would bring in new players that don't want to do the annoying Classic-Luclin expansions and can pick up in GoD.
  2. Vetis Augur

Been playing since 1999. Done almost every single TLP. My most successful run was Aradune Classic - SoD with few breaks.

When I heard about the personas, the place that made the most sense to play was Agnarr. So, I strapped on my jboots and booted up EQ.

Now, because I love rogue the most hated TLP class by dev's. And due to this server obviously being extremely top heavy. I figured, I'd have to give myself a hand so I subscribed a second account and went to relax box me something to help me along.

Got the message stating Agnarr was truebox only. I hit the ol' /camp. Hit the ol' Unsubscribe x2.

But due to my addiction and no EQ Anonymous classes to attend, I'll be back in May.
    Mashef likes this.
  3. Mashef Augur

Good story. And so true. I got the itch and im bored but not ever pulling out my little box pcs ever again. So much work.
  4. Vetis Augur

Look at the post below me *gasp*
  5. jeskola pheerie

Arrest this person darkpaw
  6. Vetis Augur

Me getting banned from EQ would be the best thing that ever happened to my wife and kids.
  7. Agonybot2 New Member

TBH Truebox should have been removed the minute a new TLP came out after Agnarr... Truebox server rule is effectively virtue signaling... It is widely known how easy it is to get around that rule and being honest by using multiple devices is just a weird gatekeep, regardless of how cheap those devices can be...

I personally dislike boxing, but it is very useful to at least play 1 other character (typically healer) as grouping is sometimes not an option, especially the longer the server exists...

I've always liked the idea of allowing Mercenaries earlier on TLP's, personally.
  8. Pickaname New Member

There might be an argument for this gatekeeping if EQ was a new and hip MMO. It's not. They should only be gatekeeping their new and hip TLPs.
  9. Ferledon Agnarr Loyalist

Don't even have to Remove it (Would be nice) but just Relax it a bit? At most I 3box, but typically only 2box.
    DosPanchos and Circadian72 like this.
  10. DosPanchos New Member

Another +1 for relaxed truebox on Agnarr or a future PoP locked server.
  11. modsiw Augur

It's such an obvious thing to do. It has nearly unanimous support of Agnarr players.
  12. jeskola pheerie

13. Flexin Not an amateur

Have you guys tried posting Bernie memes in your Discord? That went over really well for Mangler.. kidding of course. Mangler did get relaxed though.
  14. Jedipokey The Devs have become better at Apathy! (380)

15. jeskola pheerie

16. fireworks Journeyman

bump and add my vote for at least relaxing it to 3
  17. Brutuz_Xeg New Member

Same for me.. just came back to level my Alts.. +vote for relaxed truebox
  18. Mashef Augur

Would still love to start playing and enjoy the March 25th anniversary stuff while waiting for May - can only do so much ARPG gaming.

Unleash the relaxed truebox.