My humble Oakwynd prediction for LDoN.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Raytheon, Feb 29, 2024.

1. Raytheon Augur

As I write this, we are about 4 weeks out from LDoN launch on Oakwynd. The evolving ruleset benefit on Oakwynd for LDoN is Alternate Currency Modifier - 150%. Now this sounds great starting in LDoN because you earn LDoN points completing dungeons and raids, and use those points to buy gear, spells, augs, etc... a 150% increase to the earning rate of those points will be great!

Except....

I predict that at least at launch, LDoN points will be unaffected by the bonus, because I suspect they are a completely separate system from all other later alternate currency and DPG's plan was just to add a modifier for "currency" probably without realizing that LDON points (and probably DoN crystals later) are handled and displayed somewhat different than every alternate currency that follows.

Devs, please prove my prediction wrong by making sure that the 150% bonus to LDoN points work correctly ahead of time so we don't have to wait 3 weeks into a 4-week expansion for you to fix it after the fact like happened with legacy AA experience.
    Duder, OldTimeEQ1 and Yinla like this.
  2. Defenestrated Vase Elder

You do not get points from raids.
  3. Mashef Augur

The reality is LDoN should be completely revamped for TLP purposes. They should just adjust points to be 4x what they are currently for group runs. Charm should also max at 4x the speed. If they did this people would be more likely to do the expansion just to say its done.

It's nearly impossible to complete in the 4 weeks allotted to LDoN. Someone mathed it once, you have to be willing to risk blood clots from grinding so long to make it happen.
    Barton-Vox likes this.
  4. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

Why does content have to be completed before the next unlock? Maybe take your time as a group/guild, and not have to suffer anxiety from rushing through.
    fransisco, Rijacki and Vetis like this.
  5. Raytheon Augur

You know what the "P" in TLP stands for right? Here's a hint. It does not stand for "Park yourself in an old expansion and grind points for gear that is made mostly meaningless once the next xpac opens"
    SnapVine likes this.
  6. Elabone Augur

Thats your interpretation. There have been several guilds in TLP history that have opted to utilize their own solo progression between expacs, and had rules for what you are and arent allowed to do when they are still in xpac 6 when xpac 7 is released.

Just because YOU dont wanna waste time in other xpacs, doesnt mean thats what progression means lol.

Also, since, judging from your response maybe you dont know. But you literally dont get an upgrade to the LDoN aug until MAYBE DoDh, and even then, I would argue the 10AC and 10all res makes it better. So, you dont need to finish it during ldon, you have like 4 or more expansions to go before you even would realistically replace it.
    fransisco and Rijacki like this.
  7. SnapVine Augur

Its not open to interpretation, that's the whole premise, otherwise we would all just do self enforced progression on a live server.
  8. Raytheon Augur

you need to look up the meaning of the word "mostly". It is in the dictionary a few pages before "progression", FYI
  9. Elabone Augur

Look at the word directly after progression. **Servers** The server progresses, the title Time-Locked Progression Servers isnt talking about individual progression. Its referring to the server itself. The server will continue to progress, and YOU can continue to do LDoNs for your BiS charm aug for something like 6 expansions.
    Rijacki likes this.
  10. Elabone Augur

You gave a specific example of LDoN. There are items in LDoN that may take a while to get, but their value is immense. Almost every item you buy with "points" is something that remains with you for a while. Plus if you intend to max the aug, which is the only item in the expansion that should take you longer than the expansion is available for, you will have more than enough points to buy literally everything you could imagine. So im not exactly sure why LDoN is mentioned in your whole "we're wasting time in old expansions" if you werent referring to the LDoN aug. Also, see my above comment regarding your INTERPRETATION for the word progression. Spoiler, its not talking about YOU.
    Rijacki likes this.
  11. Lejaun Augur

I'm of the mindset that Oakwynd, and every other TLP, should be able to accomplish a complete expansion activities by the time the next expansion opens up. Whether this means easier access to keys (which has been happening, thank you Darkpaw), gear, or quests.

One of the key features of LDoN used to be maxing out your adventurer's stone. Points should be beefed up to reflect they there is a much shorter time to complete it before new material opens up.
  12. Elabone Augur

I think that anyone who WANTS a max adventurers stone gets one. Im a pretty hardcore player. On most TLPs I do BiC 6x for my whole group, and even i dont max out the stone. I just dont think theres a need to change the whole expansion for 1 item. If you REALLY want it, devote the time it takes to get it, whether that extends into other xpacs or not.
  13. Lejaun Augur

Is it really changing the whole expansion, or is it simply modifying one number?
  14. SnapVine Augur

Look at the word before Progression. **TIME** The server progresses at a rate of time which is related to the length of time it takes to complete the progression. in your format i think that is something like: The length of TIME the server is in an EXPANSION is RELATED to the TIME it takes to beat that EXPANSION.
  15. Manerz Journeyman

Points were never used to up the stone though. Why should an increase to currency affect the aug when it was always a total number of adventures done in each camp?
    Yinla likes this.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

At whos speed? Some guilds can already accomoplish this, while other guilds struggle. Every persons play time is different.
  17. Mashef Augur

The numbers disagree. LDoN has a leaderboard for points. You can see at 18 or less players (3 groups) per server grind these points. The augs from LDoN group missions don't have lasting power like BIC does.

I don't LDoN much but I think there are only 2 augs that have staying power. Maybe an 80ac aug? I don't tank often so not sure if its 80ac or 80hp and then there is the +2 dmg 1hb augment. Those are both raid augments not requiring points grinds. Those are the only 2 LDoN raids worth running. Sure you might clear the others just to get the raid achievement checked off but they are like Gorenaire, one time and one time only.

The charm isn't worth it. It's incredibly painful to grind. Trying to compare LDoN rewards to BiC is apples to oranges.

LDoN really isn't that bad of expansion it's just not worth the effort. If they reworked it to bump points significantly and increase the exp to PoFire levels then more people would grind these.

Holding up an entire servers progression to give less then 20 people 4 weeks to grind this is insane. Start lumping it in with PoP or rework it to make it viable.
  18. SnapVine Augur

average speed
  19. dentalplan lisa needs braces

LDoN should just straight up release with PoP, sticking with a 3 or 4 month PoTime endgame era. PoP notoriously gives people very little to do outside of raiding once you're at endgame, and leads to a lot of people falling off in this era once offnight grouping dies, so the two expansions complement each other very well.
    Ddezul and Yinla like this.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'd even be happy with 2 to 4 weeks of PoP and 8 to 10 weeks of LDoN, giving a total of 12 weeks in PoP, still gives PoP a chance to shine, but offers those who do not raid more grouping opertunities sooner while others are gearing up in PoP.