Rogues adjustment for new tlp and PLers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Qubit, Feb 27, 2024.

1. Mithra Augur

Even monk is harder to play than rogue. And please don't tell me monk needs high skill to play.
  2. Elabone Augur

But this would also create power creep on weapons in later expansions where its not needed. If you give +weapon damage to 1hp, rogues are going to keep that aug until Tacvi.
  3. Elabone Augur

I mean i guess if they were able to put restrictions on the augs that limit them to weapons under xx damage or something, it would probably work
  4. Leorium The Fluffy Wolf

It wouldn't need to be weapon damage. Just +2 backstab damage would be cool
    Dre. likes this.
  5. fireworks Journeyman

Even NPC rogues are more powerful than PC rogues. Please throw the rogue community a bone here. They are not "fine" until you dump tons of AA and planes+ gear into them.
  6. Litoeon Lorekeeper

7. Kahna Augur

They are. There are already weapon augs that have such restrictions on them.

Another option would be to just create a new aug slot, and only put that slot on a handful of 1h piercing weapons in classic. Then create the associated aug for it. Add backstab dmg, or just over all dmg, whatever works best.
  8. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Items can have their power increased based on how many expansions have unlocked, the opposite shouldn't be that hard. https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=13014 .

Not that I think any good suggestion would be implemented, rogues are just a redheaded stepchild on TLPs and the only reason to make one is because you just like the class.
    AzzlannOG likes this.
  9. Twizle Lorekeeper

Rogues are fine for the most part on tlp's, a lot of what people are asking for is warcraft type balancing which would kill eq. Rogues do decent dps, nobody does or should do monk levels of dps
  10. Fideles Journeyman

Not even monks.
  11. Twizle Lorekeeper

ya a nerf to epic / fists would be welcomed
  12. Leorium The Fluffy Wolf

They don't even need to nerf monk epic specifically. Nerfing fist ratio would nerf their dps with epic equipped. Change to fist ratio to like 18 damage at lvl 50 - 270 skill and 19dmg at lvl 55, 20 dmg at lvl 60 - 300 skill. Epic changes the delay down to 26, so this would be 20/26 (Instead of the current 23/26 with epic)
  13. Branntick Augur

Nerfing epic/fists only fixes them for a tiny fraction of their dominant period. Once they get speed focus it's joever on burn fights for like 2-3 years on a TLP. Once they get DF it goes from joever to "this person literally did 50-100% more damage than you". This doesn't change until CotF as far as I know which is when Rogues get Rake's Rampage + Knifeplay.

Monks are just a perfect storm of mechanics and AAs that makes them untouchable. Itemization is probably the only long term solution if they could somehow manage it.

Considering that Darkpaw doesn't even know what the Sleeper is I doubt this will ever happen.
    Vetis likes this.
  14. Twizle Lorekeeper

What do you want Rogue dps to be? Rogue overall dps from kunark -> Underfoot is for the most part relatively equal or above every other dps class. You cant compare your class to monks as monks need nerfs on a tlp.
  15. Vetis Augur

I can't agree with frontal backstab. I like having to do positioning. It speaks to the rogue class. But again, one trick pony that sucks at its trick. Can't be argued, rogues are trash in classic.
  16. Vetis Augur

Well that's the other thing. People keep getting caught up on the DPS thing. I mean.. There's a lot of cool things they could do with rogue to make it more appetizing that isn't necessarily raising their DPS.

That being said, DPS is their one thing, so it makes sense to throw them a bone in that category but even the plethora of things people have put out there, mez trap, vanish.

If they're not going to give them a boost in DPS then give them some worth while utility or something that makes them fun to play. I used to get an absolute kick out of pick pocket. I played in a group for several hours at yeti's in dreadlands stealing 80% of the gems til the mob finally dimed me out, it was a pvp server so I dropped group and hit invis/sneak. Of course I didn't get very far because sneaking is like perma snare (another sweet feature for the rogue, sarcasm..)

I get that is just another reason not to group with a rogue because they pick pocket all your loot, but hey at least it was fun. Idk, I'm rambling. I guess in conclusion, rogue is just a walking trash can in classic, and even beyond you'll only ever see a single rogue on a raid force, coincidence? No.. No it's not a coincidence.
  17. Pimento Lorekeeper

IMO easiest way to measure how the rogue class compares to other melee dps classes is to watch guild main rosters over time. You can argue whatever stat, parse, gear, expac, level, AA, you want but people vote with the main toon they play.
  18. Twizle Lorekeeper

i mean people play monks because there overpowered not because there a good class, if you made rogues overpowered they would be in the same boat. The best fix is to just nerf monk dps by 5-10% or delay their innate damage aa
  19. jeskola pheerie

Anyone here ever stabbed anyone in the back IRL with a dagger and also stabbed someone in the front? Easier to hit vital organs from the front, just sayin
  20. Ddezul Augur

but did you do it while invisible?