Congrats Silent Redemption

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by FawnTemplar, Mar 2, 2024.

1. Gorg00 Augur

If anything this is yet another example of how silly the metric we use for determining the race is when something as out of a guild's hands as what time the raids open on their servers or how fast people zone or whatever can even be considered as part of the equation.
  2. FawnTemplar Augur

If the community wants to have this discussion then cool but today isn't the time and this thread isn't the place. SR won today and they deserve their day in the sun - lets not diminish their hard work by having those conversations here.
    Trelania, Jennre, Alkyvret and 10 others like this.
  3. Cicelee Augur

Many cats are happy! Congratulations to a new King of the Hill!

This is the first time in how many years a guild not named ROI is on the top?
    Rijacki likes this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Grats guys.
  5. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

Sorry, I obviously missed something. What did they win? (no snark)
  6. Gorg00 Augur

You can tone police your own guild mates who are _actually_ trying to diminish SR's accomplishments by calling into question the tactics used if you want to, but you can miss me with this. Pointing out that the metric used allows those people to call the accomplishment into question does not, in fact, take away from the fact that SR won.

SR did a great job, the metric used is silly. Both of these things are true.
    Bahdah, Fenthen and Willydo like this.
  7. Zarkdon Augur

But it is a lot more fun to speculate if they would have won had they not gotten their DZ early. Particularly since the second place finished within a couple minutes.
    BigGirth likes this.
  8. kizant Augur

Grats!
    Kels, Jumvapace, Xeladom and 4 others like this.
  9. Toni Xelphi of Bristlebane

They won the honour and the privilege of having Lynxrob in their guild. My lord and my saviour. The holder of my heart and my soul.
    Jondalar, Rexa, Alkyvret and 6 others like this.
  10. Toni Xelphi of Bristlebane

Also, Happy Birthday, Doraborn!
    Rexa, Alkyvret, Lisard and 4 others like this.
  11. WFSBelaar Lorekeeper

I find it shocking that RoI threw the race just so Dora could have a great birthday, but what sportsmanship!! Brings a tear to my eye.
    Jondalar, Fenthen, Alkyvret and 5 others like this.
  12. Willydo Apprentice

The variability of getting instances and DZ's or bad boxes (when that was a thing) is the only thing that gives guilds a chance in the race against ROI. There isn't a guild that comes close to the DPS of ROI and if all things were equal, we would not be congratulating SR. (Congrats, btw to SR!). I don't have the numbers but I wouldn't be shocked at all if ROI actually finished the raids in less time than SR overall. The later start decided this years race.
    BigGirth likes this.
  13. BigGirth New Member

This!
  14. Zarkdon Augur

It seem that if the only reason you can win is if the competition can't play you really didn't win.
    BigGirth likes this.
  15. Salinae Old Cranky member

Congrats to Silent Redemption.
  16. Willydo Apprentice

It's a byproduct of making raids that 40 guilds a year can beat on day one. When they actually had challenging raids there wasn't even a race, so at least we have one now. I think it took the 2nd place guild in TBL to beat the expansion 2 months after ROI. Even ROS was days later. I guess to make it more exciting and to give people a chance, they gimped the raids and didn't lock them behind anything other than a date. Now it's a matter of who zones the fastest, who uses boxes to clear trash on one event while they do another, etc. EQ raiding hasn't been about skill in many years.
    BigGirth likes this.
  17. bignags New Member

I think the real grats here is for Faceless Conquest beating RoTe
  18. Caisy Master

Congrats, SR!
    Xeladom, Bahdah, Lisard and 2 others like this.
  19. Warpeace Augur

Congrats!
    Lisard and Scornfire like this.
  20. Maedhros High King

Congratulations SR!
    Bahdah, Lisard and Scornfire like this.