Can we double the price of subs and Krono?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Feb 28, 2024.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I think that bag could have been priced lower as part of the actual celebration year as opposed to charging as much as possible for it. But it is what it is. I get the need to make money but don't disguise it as a celebration item is all.
    Silvena likes this.
  2. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

I think they could double it and be fine. The players that are here aren’t going anywhere.
  3. Scila Augur

Anybody that wants to pay for my doubled price feel free. Not paying it.
  4. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Nah...
    mercury890 and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  5. Angahran Augur

Exactly! How many failed experiments has EQ funded over the years? Imagine if all that wasted money had been reinvested into EQ?
    Windance and mercury890 like this.
  6. mercury890 Old Timer from the days of karana.

Don't forget "C"
    If C (Revert prepatch) then B ......maximized
  7. mercury890 Old Timer from the days of karana.

Do I sense a hit of sarcasm?
    Anyway,,, I think Devs need to concentrate on developing content and leave the game mechanics alone.
    Revert now to prepatch status to reclaim the lost paying customers that they haven't realized they've lost yet or when the first quarter losses are posted (minus the hedge sale of Planetside) and then they are left scratching their heads and then realize it.
    .Raising the price will further kill the game,,,,, a nasty, slow death spiraling descent.
    One word:
    REVERT.!
  8. Windance Augur

I think you are far to generous.
    mercury890 likes this.
  9. Morrigan Bowjobs

This is really a discussion after they price gouge us for Anniversary fanfare, and repeatedly on their digital items (with only x1 claim btw)? Is this a marketing team's alt account trying to test water to find another avenue to inflict price pain on this game? They already basically increased monthly costs with their "perk" system as well. Just leave the sub costs alone!
  10. Marton Augur

Would everybody leave if they raised subscription prices? No.

But some would drop to f2p, some would leave, then their friends and family members would leave, little by little EQ playerbase would shrink.

Considering the non-effort daybreak is putting into this game, I think a lot of people are getting fed up and looking to spend their entertainment dollars somewhere else.
  11. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

You overestimate the remaining audience. There would only be a minor blip on subscriptions then back to normal.
  12. Windance Augur

I don't think its fair to say "non-effort". I would say its more of management pushing to releases feature that are not complete in order to make self imposed deadlines, while struggling to replace the experienced developers/managers who left over the last ~5 years.
    mercury890 and Nennius like this.
  13. Scila Augur

Taking after FB's moto of "move fast and break things" doesn't play well in every environment. Eventually it wears thin and ppl show with their $$.
    mercury890 likes this.
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

Well put. There is actually a LOT of effort being put into this game. Some of it may have gone awry, but that does not indicate a lack of effort. Many of the issues the players are having are not specifically dev. related. They fall in the area of management. BTW, just keeping a 25 year old game alive takes a fair bit of effort.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Rijacki like this.
  15. Stymie Pendragon

I believe that what you are seeing is 25 years worth of skepticism.

I threw money at the Legends server for 2 months before calling it quits a long time ago. Any extra revenue gained today will likely go to shareholders, if history is repeatable.

Hell, I’m stuck stumbling around on my phone just to post this. They aren’t succeeding as far as curators are concerned,in my opinion.
    Metanis, mercury890 and Nennius like this.
  16. Sakuraba Augur

Double the sub price, sure.

But then remove Kronos and MTX, punish multiboxing, and raise standard ed. expansion prices to $60.

Have a feeling nobody wants any of that though lol.
  17. Bigstomp Augur

I would think there are many players thinking T3 raids were easily beat on day one that maybe to make it sort of challenging might let their toons go silver.
  18. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Irrelevant, that’s been a complaint for many, many consecutive years. What players say and what they do hardly ever align. They could pop the monthly sub to $30 and yearly to $240 without issue. This audience has reached a point of inelasticity.
  19. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

LOL. It would not shake down that way.
    mercury890, Bobokin and Smokezz like this.
  20. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I don't think they need to increase sub or krono prices. Daybreak is already targeting the whale market with things like $40 bags and $1500 tickets.